Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Health and Wellness
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 04-23-2009, 11:59 PM

175 posts, read 741,497 times

Advertisements

Awww, bummer, I have titanium, too so no magnet will stick! I didn't know that either!

Simms - that's what I heard, too, about infection slowing down healing. I hope things take off now! Thanks for the well wishes! I forgot to ask for my hardware prior to my surgery, and they tossed it! I asked when I woke up and the nurse felt really bad, but she said unless asked for it upfront they toss it in the biohazard bag, so they couldn't retrieve it. I'm not sure how long I am NWB this time around - I guess I'll find out a timeline Monday.

Nanny - I told my husband he'll have to drive me down a few houses tomorrow because there's a big garage sale being set up that I want to see! LOL I'll keep myself entertained for the time being, but I am surprised at how quickly I forgot the easy things that made crutches bearable. Thanks for the well wishes.

Old 04-24-2009, 01:52 AM

1 posts, read 2,971 times
Default Fractured Tibia and Fibula (Broken Lower Leg Bones) with Fixation Surgery

If you have undergone a surgery and still not feeling good is maybe the surgery could not have been very successful.Consult another surgeon and find out what best can be done.

Old 04-24-2009, 07:41 AM

Well, I just got the call from the wound center that I'm scheduled to get the PICC inserted again at 12:30. I'm not sure how I'm supposed to handle crutches with a PICC in. Their advice? Just be careful. Nice. Any advice out there?

Old 04-24-2009, 08:02 AM

69 posts, read 334,329 times
Cristina1

I am so sorry you need another picc line. Maybe be would be better with a walker instead of the crutches. Dont think of it as a step backwards you will just be doing what you need to do get better and be safer while getting around. GOOD LUCK with everything.

Old 04-24-2009, 08:05 AM

Simms

Not sure I would want my rod back, but dog tags do sound cool. Good luck with that

Old 04-24-2009, 08:28 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by greenyes42 View Post
Cristina1

I am so sorry you need another picc line. Maybe be would be better with a walker instead of the crutches. Dont think of it as a step backwards you will just be doing what you need to do get better and be safer while getting around. GOOD LUCK with everything.
Thanks, green. I'm going to have to ask the doctor if I can get a walker when I see him on Monday. I hope this line doesn't have to stay in all too long. I can't say I missed it any.

Old 04-24-2009, 09:52 AM

51 posts, read 159,892 times
I hate crutches!! walker is safer for me.. QUESTION?? for those who have had a tibia plateau fracture... how long does your foot turn red and purple and does your knee look weird and bigger than your other knee for very long? looks like i am deformed. doesnt hurt though...

Old 04-24-2009, 10:12 AM

mike

i hate to tell you but it will take a few months!!! it all depends on the person and what type of surgery you had this is second time around different leg this time and more damage, i also had a different os due to moving to a different city and i am healing a lot faster this time

Old 04-24-2009, 11:25 AM

51 posts, read 159,892 times
green eyes...THanks. its been 7 weeks today..everything is healing fine..may be able to take brace off in a week. and begin wb then transfer to a cane ..cant wait..u broke both of your tibias? omg did u wb in a couple mos? does your leg ever get back to looking normal? does the foot ever quit swelling and turning red? mike

Old 04-24-2009, 12:08 PM

mike

both right tib and fib 7 years ago i have a plate and 11 screws in that- if it is cold and damp it still hurts and at times it still swells --because of this way i broke this leg is was non wb for about 3 months---i broke my foot off my leg it was really gross

this time i did the left leg broke femur, tib and fib i am rodder from, my hip to my knee and lower part of knee to ankle not sure how many screws this leg will never look the same way more scars i also have a chunk of my shin missing where some of car went into my leg---i was wb on this leg at 2 months this is healing much faster i do still have a lot of swelling but i wear a compression stocking and it does help

margie
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.