Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Health and Wellness
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 07-25-2022, 08:48 AM

19,036 posts, read 13,948,655 times

Advertisements

Good job doubling down! That's how you stay committed to The Way.

The majority of posters here clearly understand that consumption of meat does not necessarily equate with the full-indulgence of the Standard American Diet. The question is not loaded. It's clear and concise. More posters than just I have noted your refusal to acknowledge it.

We don't have a propaganda role to fill though, so the obvious is not a tough issue to tackle for us. When one such as yourself is thoroughly committed to cult-level indoctrination, confounding facts and reason must be pushed aside by any means necessary. I get it.

Need help? Click on this: >>> ToS, Mod List, Rules & FAQ's, Guide, CD Home page, How to Search
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-25-2022, 09:06 AM

761 posts, read 446,053 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ddeemo View Post
You missed the main point - "animal protein" is NOT "damaging your health" - the study showed that lifestyle was the primary determiner, not a vegetarian diet. The causes of death are essentially the same - forgoing meat does not change your health and risk of dying from any specific disease by a measurable amount.
I'm skeptical of accepting a study conducted in a foreign country, unless it has been evaluated by a reputable American doctor/scientist.

Putting that aside, food consumption is a huge part of one's lifestyle. To say that it doesn't matter is simply wrong.

Quote:
guess I should have said Vegetarian instead of Vegan - to most, it really makes very little difference.
Of course it doesn't matter to most because, like you, they don't have very much understanding of such things.

Old 07-25-2022, 09:27 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Airborneguy View Post
I'm fairly certain I've already told you not to bother quoting me unless you're ready to answer the question you keep ducking.

If you really wanted to debate, its a simple question, and many have witnessed and pointed out your refusal to even acknowledge that it is being asked.

Why do you equate ANY meat consumption with the totality of the standard American diet other than to bolster your false claims?
Okay, here's my answer: I don't equate meat consumption with the totality of the standard American diet because I don't make false claims.

Old 07-25-2022, 10:24 AM

Bravo! Only took a week and the realization that your credibility was in the tank to finally admit it.

Need help? Click on this: >>> ToS, Mod List, Rules & FAQ's, Guide, CD Home page, How to Search

Old 07-25-2022, 10:53 AM

3,122 posts, read 2,065,176 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by LongevitySeeker View Post
I'm skeptical of accepting a study conducted in a foreign country, unless it has been evaluated by a reputable American doctor/scientist.
It was, and it was published in The American Journal of Clinical Nutrition

Design: The study involved a pooled analysis of data from 2 prospective studies that included 60,310 persons living in the United Kingdom, comprising 18,431 regular meat eaters (who ate meat ≥5 times/wk on average), 13,039 low (less-frequent) meat eaters, 8516 fish eaters (who ate fish but not meat), and 20,324 vegetarians (including 2228 vegans who did not eat any animal foods). Mortality by diet group for each of 18 common causes of death was estimated with the use of Cox proportional hazards models.

Conclusions: United Kingdom–based vegetarians and comparable nonvegetarians have similar all-cause mortality. Differences found for specific causes of death merit further investigation.

https://academic.oup.com/ajcn/article/103/1/218/4569305

Old 07-25-2022, 11:38 AM

8,227 posts, read 3,417,998 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by LongevitySeeker View Post
https://www.google.com/search?q=Who+...+meat+eaters%3

Many large population studies have found that vegetarians and vegans live longer than meat eaters: According to the Loma Linda University study, vegetarians live about 7 years longer and vegans about 15 years longer than meat eaters.
Maybe vegans and vegetarians happen to be more educated, and education correlates with longer life. Or maybe vegans and vegetarians are more likely to avoid added sugar and artificial ingredients.

Our species evolved eating both plants and animals.

Old 07-25-2022, 11:44 AM

8,227 posts, read 3,417,998 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by HodgePodge View Post
I've been always curious in the "best" diet for us humans. I've watched countless documentaries on both sides of the vegetarian fence. Both have very valid and interesting points.

I definitely agree that it makes sense that most of us eat too much meat. Esp red meat.

Though some documentaries I've watched argued that it was high calorie meat that allowed for us to evolve such big brains. They are calorie intensive organs that needed high calorie foods involving meat / fat. Plus cooking of the meat allowed us to absorb (digest) the nutrients faster.

I personally know a family of vegetarians, a friend's daughter is a vegan and I knew a girl who was a Pescatarian. I respect all their choices and yes they are all healthy and strong even though they don't eat meat.

If you look at some of the healthiest people on the planet (live to old age), a lot of them eat mainly vegetables, fruits, nuts, grains and seafood.

The main problem with us in N America is that a lot of us has normalized highly processed foods as part of everyday life. And of course eating way too much volume. Bigger is better concept.
And the brain also needs a lot of cholesterol. Another reason cholesterol-lowering drugs are poison.

Old 07-25-2022, 05:31 PM

3,075 posts, read 1,542,319 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Good4Nothin View Post
And the brain also needs a lot of cholesterol. Another reason cholesterol-lowering drugs are poison.
didnt you start the other thread that was closed? are you trying to close this one?

Old 07-26-2022, 10:47 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Good4Nothin View Post
Maybe vegans and vegetarians happen to be more educated, and education correlates with longer life. Or maybe vegans and vegetarians are more likely to avoid added sugar and artificial ingredients.
Do you think that invalidates what was stated in my opening post, "7 Ways Animal Protein is Damaging Your health?" And does it take into account what Dr. Campbell discovered in his studies concerning animal protein and degenerative diseases?

Quote:
Our species evolved eating both plants and animals.
The very first thing in evolution consisted of the earth be covered in single single-cell organisms. And it took many millions of years to develop multi-cell organisms that would eat meat. And even when there were multi-cell organisms, not all of them ate meat.

Here's the problem with comparing ourselves with cavemen: Dr. Barry Sears, the author of the Zone books, said that cavemen, on average, only lived to about age 20. So they never got old enough where they had to worry about all the numerous degenerative diseases that we have today. They died at the peek of their youthful vitality.

Also, cavemen didn't have a whole lot of food choices. They survived by eating what ever they found or hunted. We have lots of choices in our local supermarkets and we have a thing called science to tell us the best way to navigate our much longer years of life.

Old 07-26-2022, 11:32 AM

Yet you latch onto studies that compare us to mice?

Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Health and Wellness