Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Health and Wellness
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 05-03-2023, 07:17 PM

30,143 posts, read 11,778,294 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Muffinpuncher View Post
What do you have to add ?
several means more than 2.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-03-2023, 07:25 PM

30,143 posts, read 11,778,294 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by cheka View Post
you are onto something

govs, doctors and media baffled

https://www.today.com/health/covid-h...ople-rcna69903

Since the COVID-19 pandemic began, heart attack deaths across all age groups have become more common in the U.S., according to a September 2022 study by Cedars Sinai hospital in Los Angeles.
The vaccine did not come out for more than a year after the pandemic began. If you are blaming the vaccine, explain that.

Quote:
The age group hit the hardest? People between 25 and 44, who saw a 29.9% relative increase in heart attack deaths over the first two years of the pandemic (which means the actual number of heart attack deaths were almost 30% higher than the predicted number).
You link a story that talks about more heart attacks during the holidays. Nothing about the pandemic.

Quote:
Adults between 45 and 64 saw a 19.6% relative increase in heart attack deaths, and those 65 and older saw a 13.7% relative increase, according to a press release from Cedars Sinai.

Read the explanations for this. Right there in your link.

Old 05-03-2023, 10:11 PM

22,161 posts, read 19,213,038 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by LKJ1988 View Post
Just had a man at work die at 54. Always seemed fine to me but said he had not been to a doc in 25 years. It was a stroke.
guy in the office next to me at work a while back, came in on Monday morning complaining that he had chest pain all weekend. The eight or so other people he shared the office with, all said he needed to go to the ER. We work at a medical center, so there is an ER at work. He said he would go there on his morning break. THey all tried to talk him in to not waiting. Well by 9:00 am he dropped dead sitting at his desk. Experienced doctors and nurses were literally at his side in seconds, they ran down the hall to where he was, building full of doctors and nurses since this is at a medical center, and ambulance was called, but he could not be saved.

mostly i remember his co-workers were really mad that he didn't go to the ER. they were also really upset he dropped dead in front of them. he was in his early 50s, active guy, rode horses. they offered counseling to to everyone who worked with him and was on the floor. they also removed his desk.

Old 05-03-2023, 11:36 PM

22,469 posts, read 11,990,487 times
My younger brother died 10 years ago at the age of 56. He had started smoking in his early teens, then later added pot and alcohol to the mix. While his weight was in the normal range, AFAIK he never made an effort to engage in healthy eating. My SIL used to make healthy meals which he ate but he also ate a lot of junk food.

It concerned my SIL that he wouldn't go to the doctor. So, she would make an appt. for him, which he always ended up cancelling claiming he didn't have time because he was busy at work. Finally, he told her to not make any more appts. for him and that he would do it when he was ready...which was never.

When he got to the point where he was constantly out of breath and his lips were turning blue, she told him that she would divorce him if he didn't go to the doctor. He finally did go. Not only did he have advanced emphysema but he also had lung cancer. Tests showed that he had the cancer for about a year before it was detected. They let him know that due to his emphysema, he couldn't have surgery. In the end, he had in-home hospice care before the cancer claimed him.

Our mother had been an alcoholic and a chain smoker. She quit smoking 10 years before she died but it was too little too late. In the end, she had lung and liver cancer that spread to her bones. She also had Alzheimer's. Like my brother, she rarely went to the doctor. I suspect she didn't want to hear what the doctor would say to her. She was 75 when she died. My brother saw how it was for her in the end but it didn't motivate him to make any positive changes, sad to say.

I have heard stories about men who died in their 50s. My parents had a friend who was also 56 that died. He had had heart surgery and was a smoker. One day while he was recuperating at home, he took a nap and his wife found him dead in bed.

Old 05-04-2023, 05:47 AM

15,424 posts, read 7,477,525 times
One of the women at work told about her brother in law who had high blood pressure, like 190/130, and refused to see a doctor because he didn't want to be "put on stupid pills for the rest of my life". He regretted that when he had a stroke and had to relearn how to eat, walk, and talk. He was 47.

My brother goes to the doctor, but didn't go often because his insurance wasn't that good and he didn't have the money to pay. He finally started going regularly when his eye were bleeding and found out his BP was 200/140. He's been taking his BP meds and has had it it under control for the last 15 years. He also found out last year that he had had a minor heart attack at some point, which could be seen on the EKG. He has no idea when that happened. It's not surprising, though, since our Dad never had any pain or other symptoms of the heart attack that killed him at 86. Dad had had 5 angioplasties and 3 stents over a 30 year period, and saw his doctors regularly. We credit that for him living as long as he did.

Old 05-04-2023, 05:49 AM

5,672 posts, read 5,877,474 times
Grandfather dies at 48. Dad died at 54. I just turned 54.

Old 05-04-2023, 06:44 AM

7,125 posts, read 12,661,810 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by UpstateJohn View Post
Grandfather dies at 48. Dad died at 54. I just turned 54.
That's scary.

Sure hope you're eating a heart-healthy diet, exercising, not smoking-- and seeing your Doc on a regular basis??

Old 05-04-2023, 07:00 AM

9,853 posts, read 7,724,981 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by guidoLaMoto View Post
Sounds like the 90 y/o pt who went in for his yearly check -up. Examined thoroughly, he was found to be in good shape and the doc sent him off with a clean bill of health. ...The doc went in the next room to see the next pt, and after just a few minutes the nurse burst into the room declaring "Doctor-- the old guy Mr Smith just dropped dead as he was leaving the office! What should I do?"..The doc thought for a moment, then told the nurse-- "Turn him around so it looks like he was just coming in."

Unfortunateley, a pt must have specific symptoms or physical signs to raise suspicions that something is about to happen.
Guido, that is funny. And below is what really happened in my family.

My great aunt was in her 70's, no health issues, she died in the exam room at the doctor's office. My grandpa was in the waiting room and the doctor brought out her purse and told him she passed away. Shocked all of us because her twin sister was the one who had a ton of health issues.

And years later her other sister, my grandma, died at 89 of a heart attack in the doctor's waiting room before she went in. Just there for a check up. My poor mom was right next to her and no one could save her.

Honestly, I think sharing these stories is good, it may encourage readers to go see the doctor or get rid of some unhealthy habits.

Old 05-04-2023, 07:09 AM

25,957 posts, read 22,107,325 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by suzy_q2010 View Post
No evidence that is happening.
No evidence that it is happening? No evidence that it isn't and that this 2018 scientific study said that blood clotting was a potential serious side effect of the mRNA vaccine, there is room for concern.

https://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pmc/articles/PMC5906799/

"blood coagulation" and "pathological thrombus formation" are listed under safety concerns.

https://thrombosis.org/2020/11/clot-...attack-stroke/

"The Clot Connection: Thrombosis, Heart Attack, and Stroke"

I am not debating the pros or cons, as everyone should make their own informed choice, thus the reason I have posted this. This is my personal reasons for not choosing to be vaccinated, so am sharing the reason that I made that choice.

It is not "pro" or "con", but why we made the decision our family did. I, too, having read obits seen an uptick in younger males, in particular, dying. There should be concern on everyone's part.

Old 05-04-2023, 07:43 AM

4,208 posts, read 3,758,240 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by KaraG View Post
Guido, that is funny. And below is what really happened in my family.

My great aunt was in her 70's, no health issues, she died in the exam room at the doctor's office. My grandpa was in the waiting room and the doctor brought out her purse and told him she passed away. Shocked all of us because her twin sister was the one who had a ton of health issues.

And years later her other sister, my grandma, died at 89 of a heart attack in the doctor's waiting room before she went in. Just there for a check up. My poor mom was right next to her and no one could save her.

Honestly, I think sharing these stories is good, it may encourage readers to go see the doctor or get rid of some unhealthy habits.
I believe ones health is dictated by genes rather than actions in most cases. Its the very reason why some people can smoke their entire life, be completely healthy and die old whereas other smoke for 10 years and die of cancer at 35. I always think of the dad in grumpy old men..."just goes to show you", lol.

I personally dont want to live to a ripe old age and I feel my family is cursed by living to their late 90's. I know I am one of the few with this mindset but I just dont want to live that long and therefore I dont go out of my way to see the doctor. In fact, in 2019 I had to go for something VA related and they took my blood and said I had high cholesterol...here it is 2023 and I havent been back since. Just dont want to know and would rather suddenly die one day than worry about it. When its my time, its my time.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Health and Wellness