Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Health and Wellness
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 08-26-2023, 10:32 AM

1,354 posts, read 790,484 times

Advertisements

My doctor recommended me that.
I bought OrthoFeet slippers. They seem to work but are very warm (artificial fur inside) and not comfortable.
Are there any other slippers, please?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-26-2023, 01:33 PM

3,302 posts, read 3,030,431 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Maple47 View Post
I bought OrthoFeet slippers. They seem to work but are very warm (artificial fur inside) and not comfortable.
Besides being way too warm for me, the OrthoFeet slippers have soles that seem to be very slippery on my laminate floors, and even on the carpeted areas. I'm afraid to walk in them, so in the winter I keep them by my sofa in case my feet get cold while I'm sitting around watching TV.

I like the Skechers slippers. They have pretty much the same sole as the regular Skechers and are lined, but not too warm.

Old 08-26-2023, 01:46 PM

2,670 posts, read 1,190,542 times
Maybe a thick pair of socks to wear with diabetic open toe slippers. The bottom sole is non slip. If you still feel too warm take the socks off and wear the slippers. They have arch support, memory foam nice and soft and the hook and loop keeps them closed to the depth you choose. Amazon sells them.

Old 08-26-2023, 02:02 PM

23,318 posts, read 18,877,894 times
What do you mean by "hard sole" OP? Pretty vague. Did your doc suggest slippers with arch support or other specific characteristics?

I need very supportive "slippers" but don't need the warmth. What about something like:

https://www.oofos.com/collections/womens-sandals

Old 08-26-2023, 08:15 PM

10,908 posts, read 7,402,055 times
I wear rubber clogs with arch supports, and socks if it's cold.

Old 08-26-2023, 08:58 PM

6,028 posts, read 3,745,017 times
Quote:
Consider something like these "boat shoes" by Sperry. I bought a pair of them about 15 years ago and still wear them every day around the house. They're actually designed to be worn on a boat (as the name implies) which means that the soles provide excellent traction.

I can attest that they are VERY durable since I've used them daily for 15 years with no problems. The sole is very good and the interior provides some support. The leather upper is very comfortable and fits like a glove.

Yes, the price of about $110 is a bit on the steep side, but if you get them, you likely won't need to buy another pair for at least 15 years, maybe longer. That figures out to a cost of about $7 per year or about 2 cents per day. And they'll provide much better support and probably cost less than if you bought cheaper house shoes and had to replace them every couple of years.

Here's the link: https://www.sperry.com/en/authentic-...-shoes&start=1

Old 08-26-2023, 09:28 PM

36,423 posts, read 16,036,192 times
My Dad actually got "my slippers" and he loves them, he can wear them outside, walking to the mail box or whatever, not slippery. He is having some slight neuropathy at the end of the day.

I suggested OOfos to my brother who has peripheral neuropathy due to type 2 diabetes, for when he gets home, he is working after retirement, 5 hrs a day, 4 days a week. He sees a foot dr once a month. He figured out slip Ons for work are better for his feet than tie shoes. He wanted nothing to do with them, I thought they would be great for after work, a machinist on his feet for 5 hrs. He never goes barefoot so the Oofos would be great at home, but he is stubborn for anything he thinks are a trend, so oh well. I'll bet ya he looks at them after he went home today

Old 08-26-2023, 10:10 PM

6,875 posts, read 4,877,055 times
I just wear a slide on sandal in lieu of of slippers. I like the Merrel brand. In the winter I wear socks with them. I don't wear them out in public. I also have a easy on/off clog type shoe. I use orthotics in the shoes I wear outside of home.

Old 08-27-2023, 09:47 AM

1,354 posts, read 790,484 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Parnassia View Post
What do you mean by "hard sole" OP? Pretty vague. Did your doc suggest slippers with arch support or other specific characteristics?

I need very supportive "slippers" but don't need the warmth. What about something like:

https://www.oofos.com/collections/womens-sandals
The regular slippers from shoe store/Amazon have a thin sole, which bends easily. The hard sole does not bend much, so the movement range for the toe is shorter. This feature helps with arthritic pain.
You question tells me you do not have arthritis yet!

Old 08-27-2023, 11:03 AM

23,318 posts, read 18,877,894 times
Quote:
You question tells me you do not have arthritis yet!
Wrong. I've dealt with significant arthritis in multiple joints for at least 25 years. Ankles, knees, metatarsals, and a THR at 48 due to arthritis. The term you used was vague which was why I asked. FWIW, I don't wear "slippers" because of my feet. I wear various types of soft but supportive shoes around the house including OOfos and Crocs.

Last edited by Parnassia; 08-27-2023 at 12:24 PM..
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Health and Wellness