Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Health and Wellness
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 04-01-2009, 11:36 AM

298 posts, read 1,010,472 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by happeemommee View Post
Actually the article states "and in some instances it seems to have triggered outbreaks or made existing conditions worse, for there are reports of warts suddenly appearing after vaccination on the face, hands, feet and chest. "

It says triggered OR made existing conditions worse, it leaves the possibility of infecting these girls with the very thing it is supposed to protect them from, wide open as a possibility.
Yes I can read as well as you. It says triggered, ie it was there to begin with, not infected. Its NOT a live vaccine - its a biological impossibility.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-01-2009, 11:40 AM

2,969 posts, read 6,945,470 times
Knowledge is power folks:

Human Papillomavirus (HPV) and Cancer: Q & A - National Cancer Institute

NCCC National Cervical Cancer Coalition

Survivor Stories - NCCC National Cervical Cancer Coalition (http://www.nccc-online.org/community/stories.html - broken link)

Home - National Cervical Cancer and HPV Coalition Support Community - Inspire

The Human Papilloma virus

MedlinePlus Medical Encyclopedia: Cervical dysplasia

Cold knife cone biopsy - Overview

HPV is no picnic in the park folks. Most of you have it. Most of you can beat it. But if you or your loved ones contract HPV 16 or 18 (which are covered in the vaccine), be ready for a roller coaster ride.

Old 04-01-2009, 11:41 AM

1,094 posts, read 2,970,275 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Poopy00 View Post
Reliable in the way that 18 girls have died in a period time after having the vaccine, not reliable in that I dont think they have proved that the vaccine have caused all the deaths.

I think one was anaphalyaxis, which can happen after any vaccine. Official info here: VAERS - The Vaccine Adverse Event Reporting System
The difference between this vaccine and other vaccines is that this one HAS NOT BEEN STUDIED long enough and the actual side effects are not being talked about. Even ONE girl dying from this vaccine is too many, because again, the true side effects are not ebing disclosed. The number of deaths is now more than thirty, and in comparison with other vaccines, MORE adverse reactions are being reported, as well as MORE deaths in relation to this vaccine.

I will state again, that I see why this vaccine came in to play, the idea behind it may have been a good one, but the fact that they released it too soon and without being honest about makes my blood boil. I have never been anti vaccine, but this vaccine needs to be pulled until more information can be compiled. I will also say again, and this is extremely important, this vaccine does not prevent all strains of HPV and the single most important thing that MUST be done, whether or not you get this vaccine, is regular paps. This vaccine does not take the place of that, so why bother getting it? I will also state that if this is something that runs in your family, then that is a different situation, however, just one more time, the manufacterers still need to be honest about the side effects of this vaccine.

Old 04-01-2009, 11:41 AM

Quote:
This vaccine is only good for UP TO five years.
Do you have evidence of this? I would imagine since its not been around very long they wouldn't be 100% sure how long it is effective for.

Old 04-01-2009, 11:49 AM

Quote:
Yes I can read as well as you. It says triggered, ie it was there to begin with, not infected. Its NOT a live vaccine - its a biological impossibility.
I'm glad you can read! Congratulations! Now how about you spend some time reading my daughters medical records and all the things that have happened to her since having this poison injected in her, that, by the way, according to some, is an impossibility. Spend one day with one girl that has been effected by the poison and then you may sing a different tune.

I spend almost every waking hour of every single day trying to find a way to help my daughter get well after getting this vaccine.She is experiencing things that no girl her age should have to endure, and to come here looking for answers and to share our experience and then to get smart $$$ comments such as your above is uncalled for. I never attack or direct any comments TOWARDS another person, so be please be respectful and do the same.

This may be just a debate to you, but to me, this is my daughters life. there is plenty of evidence out there that this vaccine is killing our girls and harming them in unimaginable ways, you just have to look.

Old 04-01-2009, 11:56 AM

Quote:
Do you have evidence of this? I would imagine since its not been around very long they wouldn't be 100% sure how long it is effective for.
Merck's HPV Vaccine Gardasil Effective For Five Years, Analysis Of Phase II Trial Says

So, in your words, if it hasn't been around very long, how can you prove it's safe and that the side effects that have been reported ( yes, including the 78 cases of warts) AREN"T from this vaccine? You can't have it both ways.

Old 04-01-2009, 11:57 AM

Quote:
I'm glad you can read! Congratulations! Now how about you spend some time reading my daughters medical records and all the things that have happened to her since having this poison injected in her, that, by the way, according to some, is an impossibility. Spend one day with one girl that has been effected by the poison and then you may sing a different tune.

I spend almost every waking hour of every single day trying to find a way to help my daughter get well after getting this vaccine.She is experiencing things that no girl her age should have to endure, and to come here looking for answers and to share our experience and then to get smart $$$ comments such as your above is uncalled for. I never attack or direct any comments TOWARDS another person, so be please be respectful and do the same.

This may be just a debate to you, but to me, this is my daughters life. there is plenty of evidence out there that this vaccine is killing our girls and harming them in unimaginable ways, you just have to look.
I'm not saying your daughter isn't suffering and i'm sorry she has been affected but i'm just stating facts. It IS a dead vaccine, it can't cause an HPV infection. I'm not saying it hasn't caused other effects to your daughter and others.

I also don't see anywhere that I have attacked you.

Old 04-01-2009, 12:01 PM

Quote:
Merck's HPV Vaccine Gardasil Effective For Five Years, Analysis Of Phase II Trial Says

So, in your words, if it hasn't been around very long, how can you prove it's safe and that the side effects that have been reported ( yes, including the 78 cases of warts) AREN"T from this vaccine? You can't have it both ways.
Thanks for the link. I couldn't find it.

I've never said its safe, unsafe, and that side effects haven't been reported.

What I have stated is that the deaths I have read about have not been catagorically linked to the vaccine (from VAERS not other links). It has been around long enough to go through clinical trials just like all other medications/vaccinations.

Old 04-01-2009, 12:05 PM

2,839 posts, read 9,984,553 times
Quote:
Any person who has sex with anyone who has had sex before is at risk. Risk does go up with the amount of partners but its still a risk. Also one of the STDs that is NOT 100% prevented by condoms.

I wish people would stop trying to imply that its slutty behavior that causes it and their perfect children are not at risk.
I did not imply that HPV is caused by "slutty behavior." In this day and age, you should insist that your sexual partners be screened for diseases, period. Condoms are not 100% effective against ANYTHING. Would you have sex with a person who was HIV positive, even with a condom? I know that I personally would not. If someone knows that their partner is HPV positive, and it is one of the two strains that can be prevented by Gardasil, then they can make an informed decision to have the vaccine.

To give an untested and potentially very dangerous vaccine to a nine-year-old because she *might* have unprotected sexual relations (and yes, I'm aware that behaviors other than intercourse can result in HPV) with someone who is carrying one of the two strains of HPV that may or may not result in cervical cancer is a stretch, and to promote it to all nine year old girls (and possibly very soon, boys), is a money-making scheme.

Old 04-01-2009, 12:11 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by beanandpumpkin View Post
I did not imply that HPV is caused by "slutty behavior." In this day and age, you should insist that your sexual partners be screened for diseases, period. Condoms are not 100% effective against ANYTHING.
I totally agree with you on this. Anything else is madness.

As for the risky = slutty. I still think there are so many people who think that if they (or their children) are not having sex with 50 different people they are safe. Its the exact same when HIV started ie only gay/prostitutes/drug users should worry.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Health and Wellness