Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Health and Wellness
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 03-26-2010, 04:02 PM

1 posts, read 12,106 times

Advertisements

I had it 25 years ago for about three months but it got less and less everyday, now I had it 3 months ago and it was different from the first time it was like I was drunk I was bumping into walls and it lasted about a week but lessened each day, now I have it again and it is like The first time I had it I can't lay down fast bend over fast , I don't know how long its going to last this time. But I feel for everyone who has ever experienced it , I wish I knew what to do that would help me cope.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-26-2010, 04:49 PM

2,185 posts, read 5,013,387 times
I suffered from vertigo. So bad it lasted 6 months. I would have to crawl just to get around the house and have my husband hold me up in the shower or I would have to take a bath in the tub if I was alone. They tried everything, finally put me on valium and it helped take the edge off but that was it. When I get episodes, I take low dose valium now.

Old 03-27-2010, 04:44 PM

8,757 posts, read 9,462,454 times
For many years I experienced some form of vertigo, but, I woke up one morning and the room was spinning like I was on a ferris wheel. That was back in '93 and have lived with periods of vertigo where I feel like I'm walking through a wind tunnel, ever since. I take antivert when I have really bad spells. I've had to give up driving, partly due to the vertigo. I've been to numerous doctors. I have been treated for fluid ear problems, but that didn't solve anything. I do believe my condition is partly a result of past ear infections, but then again, I also have a siezure disorder, so, as it stands, I'm stumped for the real cause and for the most part, so are my doctors.

I've done much reading and realize for some people it can be a life long ailment and others it can go away as quickly as it came. There are various forms of the disease affecting different people in different ways.

It can be debilatating at times, but I've learned to manage it and have a fulfilling life in spite of it's affects. Sometimes, when I walk down the street, I do appear as if I've had one too many drinks; even had one or two people stop in their car to ask if I was ok. And to think I thought I was walking just fine on those occasions.

I hope you and your doctors are able to find out what's going on in your case.

Old 05-06-2010, 08:42 AM

1 posts, read 11,977 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Whyte Byrd View Post
I've had a history of vertigo for maybe 5 or 6 years off and on. The longest it's ever lasted was 6 days. But I've had it for 3 weeks now. It went away for about 3 or 4 days so I thought I would be able to cancel my doc appt coming up for it on the 22nd but I woke up with it again this morning. I literally look like I'm drunk when I walk. How friggin long can this last? Has it ever become debilitating for anyone in that it never really goes away?
i have had vertigo for 4 years. it is off and on and for the past 2 months i have had it nonstop. i told my docter she told me i had it and put me on medicine that helps. it never goes away but with treatment you can get it under control.since i started the meds. i have had less symptoms its really great.

Old 07-26-2011, 03:59 PM

1 posts, read 11,592 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Whyte Byrd View Post
I've had a history of vertigo for maybe 5 or 6 years off and on. The longest it's ever lasted was 6 days. But I've had it for 3 weeks now. It went away for about 3 or 4 days so I thought I would be able to cancel my doc appt coming up for it on the 22nd but I woke up with it again this morning. I literally look like I'm drunk when I walk. How friggin long can this last? Has it ever become debilitating for anyone in that it never really goes away?
hi i got menieres(vertigo) 4 weeks ago...came out of nowhere..after 3 days in bed went to er...they admitted me and did mris..........ct scans..ekgs...stress tests...all came bk good...went to ent had balance and eharing test and nothing out of the ordinary..after 4 plus weeks of not working im finally about 80% better but still cant work..driving is out of the question..so tomorrow will try chiropractor..right now id try a witch doctor..ive cut out salt like they said..i smoke...and i just read gingko might help..ill let ya know..good luck everyone.worst feeling in the world!!!!!

Old 07-27-2011, 07:54 PM

10,114 posts, read 19,401,000 times
try

www.dizzy-doctor.com

lots of good information, I feel my problem is a vit b-12 deficiency

Old 07-29-2011, 08:05 AM

10,364 posts, read 20,794,697 times
My friend had it nonstop and went and got tested and found out she has Meniere's disease. Now she really has to watch her salt intake, and I guess you could try lowering your salt intake before you go to the doc and see if it helps. If that's what it is, at least you'll feel better while you're waiting to be seen.

Old 03-11-2012, 10:56 AM

1 posts, read 11,183 times
i got diagnosed with vertigo bout 2 weeks ago it came outta nowhere i went to the ER they said u have little hairs in ur ears and they get dirty and when that haqppens the brain won't accept it they need to be clean and coincide with each other i went to the doc my ears are full of wax i'm getting my ears flushed out on friday and now i'm on meclizine i can stand on 1 foot with eyes open no problem eyes close i fall over i'm 35 in my prime it's scary

Old 03-11-2012, 04:05 PM

44,625 posts, read 61,603,272 times
Here's a good article on vertigo. Best suggestion is to see an ENT doctor for starters to determine what is causing the problem.

What Is Vertigo? What Causes Vertigo?

Old 03-12-2012, 06:39 AM

3,848 posts, read 7,961,204 times
I'm going on year 8 .... Nonstop vertigo.. Done physical therapy, meds , doctors even mayo clinic....won't go away
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Health and Wellness