Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Health and Wellness
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 01-27-2018, 05:58 PM

1 posts, read 7,431 times

Advertisements

Just got mine feels great on about 120 two tries, my only issue is getting out it hurts and hard to step on the ground and walk around. Soon after the pain subsides but still bit sore like before, I also get pain on my left hand side.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-27-2018, 11:47 PM

13,245 posts, read 7,295,079 times
My wife has a bulging disc all the doctors want to do is pain shots she has refused it because she has lot of anxiety going to doctors getting MRI's all of that is very difficult. These shots to block the nerve is only going to be temporary any way.

I wonder if one of these inversion tables would work for her she gets vertigo easily she can't even glance at a cell phone while in a car she will get sick.

Last edited by kell490; 01-28-2018 at 12:39 AM..

Old 02-21-2018, 08:56 PM

1 posts, read 7,346 times
I want to try one. I imagine it will be good to relieve pressure off your spine.

Old 02-23-2018, 08:24 AM

2,951 posts, read 2,517,132 times
Hubs had one for a few years. Then it only made things worse. Dr said there's a window of time when they work. But as you get older it makes things worse.

Wife with vertigo, I have that too. Go try one out in the stores that sell them before buying.

We sold ours to the used sporting goods sotre. Don't know if they are still around. He said he had a bunch of them. They don't really get 'used' up. Check out second hand first.

Old 02-25-2018, 09:10 AM

11,046 posts, read 6,635,887 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by foundapeanut View Post
Hubs had one for a few years. Then it only made things worse. Dr said there's a window of time when they work. But as you get older it makes things worse.

Wife with vertigo, I have that too. Go try one out in the stores that sell them before buying.

We sold ours to the used sporting goods sotre. Don't know if they are still around. He said he had a bunch of them. They don't really get 'used' up. Check out second hand first.

"Made things worse, as you get older?" That's interesting. Care to elaborate? I've never been on one, but was on a horizontal "spine-stretcher" (not sure of name) in PT's office---oh, it was heavenly!!!

Old 04-01-2018, 04:32 AM

1 posts, read 7,228 times
Sure, inversion therapy by use of inversion tables doesn't work for everyone but its actually a proven method popularly used to relieve lower back pain and other back-related issues. Actually, it's good to know that the tables really work.

Lower back pain is a common condition affecting a good number of individuals at some point in their lives. In America, statistics from the American Chiropractic Association indicate that approximately 31 million Americans experience persistent low-back pain at any given time.

Experts have also estimated that as much as 80% of the American population will experience back problems at some time in their lives.

Inversion Therapy is basically the technique in which you perform short stretches in an upside down position to stretch and decompress the spine and relieve back pain.

So how does it work? Well, existing theory is that by shifting your body’s gravity, the pressure on your back eases off while providing traction for the spine. Inversion therapy is therefore an effective solution for people suffering from;

Chronic lower back pain
Sciatica
Poor circulation
Scoliosis

Inversion therapy benefits include reduced back pain, joint pain relief, increased height, improved posture, improved spinal health, increased flexibility, and reduced need for surgery

If you have spinal complications, performing inversion exercises can help by;

Decreasing inflammation
Create more protective fluid around spinal discs
Increase blood circulation throughout the surrounding muscles
Remove waste from the spine

Inversion tables are some of the best equipment for reducing back pain. An inversion table is a special type of table specially designed to use gravity to relieve pressure on the spine, which becomes compressed over time. This method is referred to as Inversion Therapy and the process is known as spinal decompression. According to fitness experts, hanging in an inversion table upside down position or at a specific angle where your head is lower than your feet will decompress your spine, relieving pain and pressure.

Although most of these tables are designed to help stretch your back to relieve back pain, you can choose a brand that lets you use the table to exercise. For example, there are those that let you work your abs and perform torso rotations. So, you get to shed some excess fat while reducing your back pain, which is a win-win.

The good news is that you don’t have to go to the gym for these sessions. You can do them right at the comfort of your home.

PS: Before using an inversion table, it’s advisable to consult your doctor to avoid any health complications.

Old 04-13-2018, 10:27 PM

1 posts, read 7,165 times
My entire body aches and I feel so sick for about three days now after using my inversion table. I'm 24 years old. But it works wonders for my husband though.

Old 07-04-2018, 06:16 AM

1 posts, read 6,957 times
Default Miracle

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stone_Sculpture_Artist View Post
I bought the Teeter Hangups. A little more money, but well worth it. The results have been dramatic for me thus far. For the past 6 months I was unable to even put my own socks and shoes on, or stand without using support to get upright. All that is gone now.

I have worked my way up to full inversion and do about 10 minutes of upside down crunches, twice a day, with another20 minutes of traction. This is supposed to force the last disk inward back into place and build muscle around it to hopefully hold it there. So far so good.

I have went from being incapacitated, using a walker to stand, sit, could not even roll over in bed, etc. to going for 2 mile walks in under 9 days now. There is no placebo affect with me, it's real.

I had partial paralysis and with the help of my girlfriend after 3 days 5 min a day, I started to gain feeling back in my legs. I experienced an orgasm on day 4. I hadn't had one in years!

A week later I am able to walk on my own. I expect to be jogging within the month. My docs can't explain it. This stuff really works.

Old 07-08-2018, 01:39 PM

20,726 posts, read 16,358,121 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mikey F View Post

I had partial paralysis and with the help of my girlfriend after 3 days 5 min a day, I started to gain feeling back in my legs. I experienced an orgasm on day 4. I hadn't had one in years!

A week later I am able to walk on my own. I expect to be jogging within the month. My docs can't explain it. This stuff really works.
By golly, I'll have what HE'S having! Now, was your GF also inverted at the time?

Old 11-29-2018, 08:47 PM

5 posts, read 12,260 times
Default HARISON heavy duty inversion table

I also have an inversion table. I bought the HARISON heavy duty inversion table from Amazon. The 407 one. I have to say that it is great to work on releasing my back pain and stretch my spine. Thanks for the first person who invented this machine!

Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Health and Wellness