Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Health and Wellness
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 01-11-2010, 07:07 PM

2,901 posts, read 12,724,950 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jason28 View Post
I concur, Fox news is terrible but thats exactly the point. By the time Fox news is showing it, it is even more of a joke.
well you have a point there.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-11-2010, 09:42 PM

5,644 posts, read 13,225,081 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jason28 View Post
Technically the common cold is a pandemic but you don't see mass hysteria over it. When all news reporting agencies, the WHO, the CDC, and the US Government are all screaming "OMG WE'RE ALL GONNA DIE!!" and it kills 1/10th of the amount of the normal flu it is offically a joke. Somebody here had an agenda and it was to make a crap ton of money off vaccines. Control the information and you control weak minded people = profit. And by the way, all a pandemic means is:
  • emergence of a disease new to a population
  • agents infect humans, causing serious illness
  • agents spread easily and sustainably among humans

And we also have a choice to eat two boxes of oreos each day and can claim ignorance when we die from a heart attack ten years later. The vaccine ingredients are terrible and the FDA, CDC, WHO, and the US Government all pushed for everyone in the universe to get this vaccine. There over reaction to H1N1 is beyond stupid.

Also everyone I know who got H1N1 was fine. I happened to catch the normal flu this year and it was awesome. I have been sick the last week, off from work with my feet kicked up watching movies in a snuggie. I hope I catch it again next year.

You didn't have the flu.....NO ONE that has really experienced FLU would ever consider it an awesome experience.

You may have had a flu-like illness but you didn't have FLU

Old 01-11-2010, 09:46 PM

2,482 posts, read 8,732,192 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by bluedevilz View Post
You didn't have the flu.....NO ONE that has really experienced FLU would ever consider it an awesome experience.

Exactly what I was thinking. Everyone here is dismissing the flu as if its the common cold. Its not. I had the flu, just the normal flu which I hear is a notch below the swine flu. I thought I was going to die. And had my mother not rushed me to the hospital after getting a 105.7 on the thermometer, I probably would have. You think the flu is having sniffles? You think the flu is just staying home in bed and hanging out? I couldn't decide whether I was going to die or whether I wanted to die from feeling so godawful. I'd tell you to try it but as I said, I'd never wish it on anyone.

Old 01-12-2010, 07:00 AM

4,264 posts, read 9,278,166 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by bluedevilz View Post

Just because this poster wasn't deathly ill means they didn't have the flu? There are mild cases of the flu just like there are mild cases of any other disease. Not everyone gets deathly ill as evidenced by all the reports of those who had the swine flu, not everyone got as sick.

Old 01-12-2010, 07:04 AM

3,631 posts, read 14,551,923 times
We are considering this is the network that hired Sarah Palin as a political consultant.............

Old 01-12-2010, 07:11 AM

5,644 posts, read 13,225,081 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ajzjmsmom View Post
Just because this poster wasn't deathly ill means they didn't have the flu? There are mild cases of the flu just like there are mild cases of any other disease. Not everyone gets deathly ill as evidenced by all the reports of those who had the swine flu, not everyone got as sick.
Not true...

Lots of people "think" they have the flu when they really have another viral illness, stomach "flu" etc...

Influenza by definition includes high fever 100 to 104 typically, almost always SEVERE muscle aches and pain, headaches, eye pain and MUST include upper respiratory symptoms as well....almost never includes GI sympoms

The term "flu" gets tossed around a lot and used as a generic term for what is really a common cold....rhinovirus.

TRUE influenza....the disease that flu shots are exactly designed to protect people from....is a debilitating illness as anyone who has actually experienced the flu or treated patients with flu can attest.

Old 01-12-2010, 07:39 AM

3,631 posts, read 14,551,923 times
My daughter had H1N1 [diagnosed at doctors office] and it was really hard on her.

Old 01-12-2010, 07:42 AM

7,841 posts, read 18,995,793 times
Been there...done that...had a flu shot foisted upon me in the air force back in '69 ( I was too intimidated to dis-obey an order ). Even at the young age of 19, I sensed that putting poison into my body wasn't a good thing. I had the flu once or twice over the years, but it was never as bad as the flu shot side effects. IMO, this whole scare tactic was mainly to drum up business for the pharmaceutical companies. But that's just the way I see it. Eveyone does whatever makes the most sense to them. To each his/her own.

granynancy wrote:
We are considering this is the network that hired Sarah Palin as a political consultant.............
Here's what my wife facetiously had to say about this fantastic addition to an already incredible team of unbiased journalists:
It's about time Fox enlisted the help of an objective intellectual to balance out their coverage!

Last edited by CosmicWizard; 01-12-2010 at 07:52 AM..

Old 01-12-2010, 08:07 AM

9,912 posts, read 13,900,220 times
I'm one happy little lemming like tool who never watches Fox News and thinks it's hysterical that Americans in their droves are still enamored with the crap that Rupert Murdoch sprouts off as fact. (THANK JEEBUS Australia doesn't have to put up with him anymore)

If I had to weigh it up in my tiny mind (and I DID) what WHO says vs what Rupert says..........no contest.

Happily vaccinated here, thanks all the same. No evil side effects, no snout, no curly tail, no swine flu. Yep good to go!

Old 01-12-2010, 09:51 AM

2,839 posts, read 9,982,205 times
I'm glad that we did not get the H1N1 flu this year, but not everyone who gets the regular influenza feels like they're on death's doorstep. My family had it (Influenza B) last year. My daughter was pretty sick (lethargic and on the couch for six days), but the rest of us were miserable for a day or two, then just mildly ill for several more days. The cough hung on for about three weeks for all of us... that was probably the worst part. DS got it the mildest, and bounced back very quickly. If DD were not so sick, it would have barely registered on our sick-meter. DH took two days off from work, and the rest of us laid low for the week, but really, it was certainly not panic-inducing, and not all of us were affected the same way.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Health and Wellness