Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > History
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 01-13-2014, 09:31 PM

804 posts, read 619,485 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by lilyflower3191981 View Post
Of course you won't. Japanese-American were not Americans. Your tears are saved for "Other" Americans who are way more superior than Japanese-Americans.
It's seems that you think you know what I am thinking and continue to put words in my mouth.
No. My tears are for those thousands of Americans who lost their lives defending this country. Many of those fighting in the war would exchange the interment camp barracks for the wet trenches they had to sleep in without any hesitation.
Internment camp were not Nazi death camps, mortality rate was not any higher than anywhere in the US. Do you think the mortality rate among American troops on Iwo Jima was anywhere close to that?

Last edited by risotto11; 01-13-2014 at 09:50 PM..
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-13-2014, 09:36 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by j_k_k View Post
Of course, when your idea of protecting freedom involves depriving some Americans of freedom, that sacrifice gets cheapened. At least, it doesn't look to me like the Japanese Americans' freedom got a whole lot of protecting.
This generation knows nothing about sacrifice. Just enjoy the fact that you typing those words in English and not in kanji.

Last edited by risotto11; 01-13-2014 at 09:50 PM..

Old 01-13-2014, 09:40 PM

39,247 posts, read 27,650,711 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by risotto11 View Post
It's seems that you think you know what I am thinking and continue to put words in my mouth.
No. My tears are for those thousands of Americans who lost their lives defending these country. Many of those fighting in the war would exchange the interment camp barracks for the wet trenches they had to sleep in without any hesitation.
Internment camp were not Nazi death camps, mortality rate was not any higher than anywhere in the US. Do you think the mortality rate among American troops on Iwo Jima was anywhere close to that?
And many Japanese-americans have lost their lives defending this country during world war II as well after they were allowed to join the army.

This thread is about internment camp not Iwo Jima. Believe me, I know a lot about Iwo Jima, My bro was a Marine remember?

Old 01-13-2014, 09:47 PM

Quote:
This generation knows nothing about sacrifice. Just enjoy the fact that you typing those word in English and not in kanji.
This generation appreciates the freedom we enjoy. It is because of those who have sacrificed, a Mixed Asian kid like my brother could join the Marine corps and received the respect he earned and well deserved.

I learned NEVER take my freedom for granted a long time ago. Did you?

You are not the only one appreciates the vets, you are not the only one who knows the sacrifice of the soldiers.

Old 01-13-2014, 10:08 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by lilyflower3191981 View Post
And many Japanese-americans have lost their lives defending this country during world war II as well after they were allowed to join the army.

This thread is about internment camp not Iwo Jima. Believe me, I know a lot about Iwo Jima, My bro was a Marine remember?
Yes. About 14,000 japanese americans served in WWII. For comparison, in Iwo Jima alone about 12,00 American soldiers were killed or missing. How about that sacrifice?

Old 01-13-2014, 10:27 PM

Quote:
Yes. About 14,000 japanese americans served in WWII. For comparison, in Iwo Jima alone about 12,00 American soldiers were killed or missing. How about that sacrifice?
What's your damn point? What does this have ANYTHING to do with Japanese-Americans who considered America their home?

You honestly believe those in the internment camp were responsible for the missing and dead soldiers? How about sent them directly to gas chamber? You happy now?

Old 01-13-2014, 10:39 PM

Quote:
Again, in your eyes, Japanese-Americans who served and lost their lives meant nothing. Number is too little. Maybe all of them should be killed simply because they looked like the enemies. You are going to accuse me of putting words in your mouth again?

Japanese-Americans had absolutely nothing to do with the war SOMEBODY ELSE started. Get over it already!

Last edited by lilyflower3191981; 01-13-2014 at 11:15 PM..

Old 01-13-2014, 10:56 PM

Another history 101 lesson for you

George Takei on the Japanese internment camps during WWII - EMMYTVLEGENDS.ORG - YouTube

Old 01-13-2014, 11:38 PM

6,560 posts, read 14,471,600 times
Quote:
This generation knows nothing about sacrifice. Just enjoy the fact that you typing those words in English and not in kanji.
This set of generalizations knows nothing about logic, liberty or life. Just enjoy the fact that there isn't a forum rule against addlepated posting.

Old 01-14-2014, 08:58 AM

Quote:
No. My tears are for those thousands of Americans who lost their lives defending this country. Many of those fighting in the war would exchange the interment camp barracks for the wet trenches they had to sleep in without any hesitation.
Right. and If you believe Japanese-Americans during World War II had anything to do with Iwo Jima and mortality rate of troops, you are out of your mind. Plain and simple. Your guilt trip just makes your look like a drama queen. No more, no less.

So, Take your false sense of patriotism somewhere else.

Oh, by the way, if you believe that Japanese-Americans should have been put in the internment simply because they looked like the enemies, I have some news for you. "Other" Americans whom you saved your tears for should have been put in the internment camp as well for the sake of national security since national security is your only pathetic defense and justification for internment camp. According to the history,

"On February 19th 1942 Roosevelt signed Executive Order 9066. Under the terms of the Order, some 120,000 people of Japanese descent living in the US were removed from their homes and placed in internment camps. The US justified their action by claiming that there was a danger of those of Japanese descent spying for the Japanese. However more than two thirds of those interned were American citizens and half of them were children. None had ever shown disloyalty to the nation. In some cases family members were separated and put in different camps. During the entire war only ten people were convicted of spying for Japan and these were all Caucasian."

World War Two - Japanese internment camps in the US

A hard pill for you to swallow, i know. But nobody can change the history, that is the beauty of it. You just have to deal with it.

Last edited by lilyflower3191981; 01-14-2014 at 09:19 AM..
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > History