Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > History
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 02-03-2008, 06:49 PM

746 posts, read 846,227 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by earthwar View Post
Thats nice that you embrace American history as your own. All to often in this day in age many are trying to rewrite history to fit his/her own personal beliefs and cultures. I think many people believe all black people came from "sub-saharan" Africa because of the whole "afro-american" profile. They probably should do away with the "afro" part. Or start profiling white people as "Euro-americans" or something. EW

Well, i think Miss Shona makes a great point and i've stated this before. I'm black american and because of racial mixing i'm fair skinned with curly hair. Having visited a few Egyptians musuesms I can definitely say, that the Egyptians resemeble modern day Black Americans. I think this is part of the reason, that modern day Black Americans latch on to the culture. However, this is directly related to what Miss Shona decribed most black americans in this country are of a brown complexion more so than of a sub-sharan darker complexion wonder why this? Well, the obvious the racial mixing of sub-sharan blacks, european, and indian mixtures within many black americans. While I agree with most on here I think the Egyptians were clearly a race of black people. I wonder if people found my body 5000 years from now (and lets assume I did great things lol) how would they classify it if (black are still hated and whites are in favor?). Would I all of a sudden become "red" lol or would I remain in the race of negroid?

Old 02-03-2008, 09:28 PM

14 posts, read 82,885 times
Default The Original Egyptians were black

Originally Posted by TriMt7
In the end, though, it doesn't matter. In the end, the "cradle of civilization" is NOT Egypt, but Sumeria

Really so Sumer is the cradle of civilization lol!!!! This is really a different subject. But I will say if you want to put Sumer history ahead of Egypt thats find go ahead but you still run into the same problem. Genesis 10:8-12 here you will find the founder of ancient Sumer. Nimrod a son of Cush. They called themselves sag giga. Lets just discuss Egypt my friend because you will be shock when you find the truth about ancient Sumer.

CalendarHome.com - - Calendar Encyclopedia

Old 02-04-2008, 04:25 PM

17,291 posts, read 29,402,468 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by The Ruler View Post
Originally Posted by TriMt7
In the end, though, it doesn't matter. In the end, the "cradle of civilization" is NOT Egypt, but Sumeria

Really so Sumer is the cradle of civilization lol!!!! This is really a different subject. But I will say if you want to put Sumer history ahead of Egypt thats find go ahead but you still run into the same problem. Genesis 10:8-12 here you will find the founder of ancient Sumer. Nimrod a son of Cush. They called themselves sag giga. Lets just discuss Egypt my friend because you will be shock when you find the truth about ancient Sumer.

CalendarHome.com - - Calendar Encyclopedia

If you're going to rely on Genesis in any discussion about Sumeria, I will most certainly NOT engage in the discussion with you, lol.

On the other hand, I think I just discovered the cultural co-option by Afrocentrists extends to just about every possible ancient civilization except the Chinese (for now).

Oh well. Some things are a lost cause.

Old 02-04-2008, 04:49 PM

17,291 posts, read 29,402,468 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by fred5 View Post
Reseach Chiekh Anta Diop, who has remarked on that stella (I believe Trigger and Basil Davidson may have as well). I don't even use that stella to prove anything, as there were various racial types living in Egypt, and undoubtedly some were similar physically to very darked skinned Nubians. An Egyptian was classifed as such not because of race, but because of nationality. However, the point I am making is that the Egyptian civilization was founded by indegenous Africans who would be usefully classified as "black" the way the term is understood today. The cultural was "African", and the people as a whole were physically similar to East African groups today. That is not to say there wasn't admixture in Egypt, because there certainly was (from both the south and north). But as a whole, it is not historically correct to take Egypt or its people away from its indegenous African roots.
By your very definition, the entire planet is a "black civilization" since we all come from apes that evolved in Africa into humans, and then spread out.

Again, I'm willing to admit Egyptians were "black" if we apply modern racial classifications to ancient civilizations. If we lived 3000 years ago, we wouldn't be having this conversation in this context.

Old 02-04-2008, 05:16 PM

310 posts, read 1,196,977 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by TriMT7 View Post
By your very definition, the entire planet is a "black civilization" since we all come from apes that evolved in Africa into humans, and then spread out.

Again, I'm willing to admit Egyptians were "black" if we apply modern racial classifications to ancient civilizations. If we lived 3000 years ago, we wouldn't be having this conversation in this context.

Can you prove beyond a reasonable doubt that we evolved from apes? EW

Old 02-05-2008, 12:02 AM

14 posts, read 82,885 times
Default The Original Egyptians were black

fred5

The origins of Egyptian civilization started in the south

I agree fred5. Here are some more facts inregards to the origin of the Egyptians. Far more than the linguistic affinity is the other cultural elements. Such as the different totemisn.The totems of Egypt was the same as the totems of the Africans south of Egypt. Cultigens like cotton, the oil palm fruit and the watermelon etc. all of these things are African. And what about the pyramids. Can a different race of people come into Egypt and build a pyramiding race. If they did I would like to know then were are their pyramids. Were did they learn this extraordinary accomplishment.

Protohistoric period of ancient Egypt ANU he is from the land south of Egypt
Egyptian Nobleman "Tera-neter"

The birth place of Osirus and Isis in the Book of the Dead. Their birth place is in the south close to nubia, not in the Delta. In Nubia is the first site of the struggle between Set and Osiris. Osiris tombis in Abydos in the south. The French Egyptologist Abbe Émile Amélineau

The Valley of the Kings In the south

They still exist in Egypt today
AALBC.com's Thumper's Corner Discussion Board: TODAY'S...BLACK EGYPTIANS

Last edited by The Ruler; 02-05-2008 at 01:07 AM..

Old 02-07-2008, 04:46 PM

So if early Egyptians were black, were black people the founders of slavery?

Old 02-07-2008, 05:16 PM

2,336 posts, read 7,779,163 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by earthwar View Post
So if early Egyptians were black, were black people the founders of slavery?
Why do you think that the Egyptians invented slavery?

Nevertheless our "most recent" encounter with slavery (which was clearly created by and to benefit Europeans) was the most horrendous in the history of mankind really. In my opinion...it really should stand on it's own ~ with no comparision to be made to the slavery of ancient peoples.

Old 02-07-2008, 05:23 PM

10,203 posts, read 27,120,494 times
Historically, there have been different forms of slavery (see here but North American slavery existed since the late 1600s.

And, as far as I know the Egyptians are not among the first to have slaves, and the introduction of this subject may be deemed off topic.

Old 02-07-2008, 05:58 PM

I thought they used slaves to build pyramids and wasn't there mention of slaves in Egypt in the bible which has evidence that the Moses story was real. EW
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > History