Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Hobbies and Recreation
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

View Poll Results: Nudist experinces
Gal - Never been to a nudist anything, no desire to! 66 15.07%
Gal - Never been, but I wouldnt mind trying! 31 7.08%
Gal - Been to a nudist resort/beach once, never again 8 1.83%
Gal - Been to a nudist resort/beach and would go again 48 10.96%
Guy - Never been to a nudist anything, no desire to! 72 16.44%
Guy - Never been, but I wouldnt mind trying! 78 17.81%
Guy - Been to a nudist resort/beach once, never again 13 2.97%
Guy - Been to a nudist resort/beach and would go again 122 27.85%
Voters: 438. You may not vote on this poll

Reply Start New Thread

Old 12-25-2009, 01:21 PM

688 posts, read 1,489,590 times

Advertisements

I personally don't care if you walk down main street Mayberry, N.C., or anywhere else nude. Only 2 things I wonder about if nudity were general rule (not including cold or snowy weather). 1.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-25-2009, 01:25 PM

I personally don't care if you walk down main street Mayberry, N.C. or downtown New York or Cincinnati or Miami or Los Angeles or wherever nude. Only 2 things I wonder about if nudity were totally made legal. 1. Perverts, both of heterosexual and homosexual variety, and child molesters. 2. What about women on their periods? I know that sounds gross, but I've always wondered what women on their periods or men (or women) with bleeding hemorrhoids do at nude beaches or nudist colonies that only allow "full, non-clothing optional" nudity?

Old 12-25-2009, 01:26 PM

12,054 posts, read 23,344,730 times
Never participated, but frequently go to Orient Beach in SXM, which is clothing optional. I have met former students on that beach so it's a good thing I just go to enjoy the surf! I can just imagine the talk.

Old 12-25-2009, 01:42 PM

I will say this.... when I was younger, i used to go hiking in the Red River Gorge in Ky. Many people out there will know where this place is, at least in eastern half of U.S., if they are avid rappellers or rock climbers or like to canoe or kayak. Anyway, this area has lots of natural bridges and arches (Natural Bridge State Park has a sky lift somewhat like Gatlinburg's that goes to within a few hundred feet of Natural Bridge itself). A somewhat smaller, but much more secluded, bridge crosses Swift Creek, not too far from Campton and Pine Ridge, Ky. I would hardly call this a nudist area or the sand "beach" next to the creek a nude beach, but the area near (and under) the bridge ("Rock Bridge) would almost invariably, in warmer weather, have 1 or 2 people skinnydipping (sometimes many people would be there), and would be anything from local families with kids simply enjoying nature and God's green earth and cooling off in the water, to bikers or hippies or just plain party-hardy college students having an orgy. Sometimes on the way to or from college at U.K. in Lexington, would go to the gorge to "chill". Rock Bridge and Swift Creek made for some interesting and beautiful views in more ways than one. Merry Christmas!

Old 12-27-2009, 12:13 PM

1,437 posts, read 4,606,173 times
Never been and I don't think I would either if I had a chance

Old 12-27-2009, 01:13 PM

233 posts, read 743,987 times
A girl I was dating at the time introduced me to nude beaches. She has been going to nude beaches for quite some time, just never alone for obvious reasons. She either goes with her girlfriends or with a boyfriend. When she asked me if I wanted to go, as you can imagine I was all over this idea. My take, you feel free just lying on the each naked. Great feeling, its very relaxing.

I have gone several times back by myself and I enjoy it a lot. The only thing I don't like is that gay guys will always hit on me. They come up to me and start caressing my nipples then they offer sexual favors. not cool. When i go i just like to be left alone, reading a book.

Old 12-27-2009, 08:51 PM

Some s.o.b. starts coming up to me and caressing my nipples, he would be unable to caress anything else after that.

Old 01-04-2010, 01:33 PM

19,893 posts, read 18,440,811 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by mommabear2 View Post
No. Maybe I'm a prude but the only person who sees me in my natural state is my husband.

Another Californian here, i'm with you nothing wrong with my body, except i have very very large breasts, i would be thinking that i am being made fun at, or being stared at, maybe i am not programed right. I agree for my husband's viewing only. Most nudists think of it as being in a natural State, and then you have the perverts, that are only doing it for one thing only.

Old 01-04-2010, 08:30 PM

63 posts, read 37,056 times
On 2 separate occasions, I skinny dipped down in French Polynesia. Of course I stayed in the water. Not sure if i could walk around on a beach nude though. Give me a couple drinks though and I'd might.
The feeling is sooooo liberating.
Everyone should try it once.

Old 01-07-2010, 09:22 AM

1,326 posts, read 2,581,431 times
While not a nudist camp by definition, I attended the Rainbow Festival one year in Missouri.

I was working as a photographer for a newspaper in southern Missouri when the Rainbow Festival planned their annual get-together for the Mark Twain National Forest. In case you don't know what the Rainbow Festival is, basically, it's a bunch of eclectic people who get together every year around the 4th of July to celebrate freedom of self (i.e. run around naked and smoke dope).

Anyway, I was to go and camp out with them for three days in the forest. It was a very strange, but peaceful, group of people. I met one woman who said she was a computer programmer in Florida for 50 weeks a year and this was the only time she felt free to take her clothes off and run around with like minded people.

Towards the end of my trip, instead of thinking "Wow, what a great body", I would think "Lady, you've got a terrible sunburn, why don't you put some clothes on".

It was interesting experience.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Hobbies and Recreation