Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Hobbies and Recreation
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

View Poll Results: Nudist experinces
Gal - Never been to a nudist anything, no desire to! 66 15.07%
Gal - Never been, but I wouldnt mind trying! 31 7.08%
Gal - Been to a nudist resort/beach once, never again 8 1.83%
Gal - Been to a nudist resort/beach and would go again 48 10.96%
Guy - Never been to a nudist anything, no desire to! 72 16.44%
Guy - Never been, but I wouldnt mind trying! 78 17.81%
Guy - Been to a nudist resort/beach once, never again 13 2.97%
Guy - Been to a nudist resort/beach and would go again 122 27.85%
Voters: 438. You may not vote on this poll

Reply Start New Thread

Old 02-22-2012, 02:30 AM

393 posts, read 1,114,521 times

Advertisements

I've camped at both of the largest nudist resorts near the DFW area and greatly enjoyed it, purely because it gave me the freedom to walk and ride my bicycle around naked across multi-acre fields. I went during the off-seasons, so not many other people around, and hardly anyone my age or younger (that was weird; I'm middle age, but was much younger than almost everyone else).

I'm usually naked when I'm at home. This is more comfortable and saves on laundry. I live alone and I have a privacy fence around my back yard. Sometimes, it even gives me a thrill. Usually, though, I don't even think about it.

And, sometimes, when I'm feeling really edgy, I go to the nearby woods and meadows and run around naked in them. It often occurs to me that this might be the origin of stories about spooks and boogeymen.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-25-2012, 10:06 AM

1,081 posts, read 2,470,216 times
I voted that I've never been, and have no desire to go to one. I've got no desire to show myself off to masses of people. I think that's something that's better left to an intimate encounter between 2 people (or maybe 3, lol) in the privacy of their own home.

Plus, there are plenty of people out there that are scary enough to look at with their clothes on; I'd rather not even think about what some people look like without them!

Old 02-25-2012, 03:49 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by manyroads View Post
I voted that I've never been, and have no desire to go to one. I've got no desire to show myself off to masses of people. I think that's something that's better left to an intimate encounter between 2 people (or maybe 3, lol) in the privacy of their own home.

Plus, there are plenty of people out there that are scary enough to look at with their clothes on; I'd rather not even think about what some people look like without them!
As I wrote, I have been to a few nudist resorts, and I've been nude a lot of other places, too. I don't do it to be seen, nor to see anyone else. I do it for myself. If no one else were on this Planet, I'd probably be naked a lot more than I am. I wear clothes many times just to satisfy or please other people.

The majority of nudists I've seen are obese retirees. I'm not going to the resorts for their visual appeal. I'm just as happy wandering alone out in the back country as down by the pool.

Incidentally, some of these resorts have really good facilities. I went to Wildwood and Bluebonnet, out by Denton, Texas, and found they have nice club houses, swimming pools, big jacuzzi and large sauna, besides outdoor basketball and tennis courts. I go camping all over the country, and these are some nice camping facilities.

Old 02-25-2012, 04:58 PM

780 posts, read 1,343,391 times
Quote:

Besides giving a "thumbs up" to member name "Pooua" response to this, I'd like to add a few other points to your reply.

Saying that someone being naked--whether they're a 10 or a 1--should be left in the privacy of their own home, is shunning the lifestyle itself ( nudists aren't hurting anyone so why shouldn't they roam free nude if society in general, were okay with it? )

Being a nudist isn't about sex. If it is about sex, than the couple ( or 3 people, etc ) aren't true nudists.

Pooua is right--you don't attend a nudist resort or nudist event to look at others. If you do, you probably won't be very welcome. The activity isn't for anyone, but I can say though that when you are nude whether it is just roaming around the house, going skinny dipping ( which is my favorite! ) or hiking in the forest, there's one thing that describes it: Freedom. Ultimate freedom. Nothing else like it in the world!

Old 02-26-2012, 11:08 AM

1,081 posts, read 2,470,216 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Pooua View Post
The majority of nudists I've seen are obese retirees. I'm not going to the resorts for their visual appeal. I'm just as happy wandering alone out in the back country as down by the pool.
That statement seems to fit with another statement that you made about clothes feeling "confining". So is that the major appeal of it... that it's largely a bunch of overweight people whose clothes pinch and bind them because of their excess weight and thus feel more comfortable without their clothes clinging to their bodies?

Quote:
Originally Posted by skylar0201 View Post
Besides giving a "thumbs up" to member name "Pooua" response to this, I'd like to add a few other points to your reply.

Saying that someone being naked--whether they're a 10 or a 1--should be left in the privacy of their own home, is shunning the lifestyle itself ( nudists aren't hurting anyone so why shouldn't they roam free nude if society in general, were okay with it? )

Being a nudist isn't about sex. If it is about sex, than the couple ( or 3 people, etc ) aren't true nudists.

Pooua is right--you don't attend a nudist resort or nudist event to look at others. If you do, you probably won't be very welcome. The activity isn't for anyone, but I can say though that when you are nude whether it is just roaming around the house, going skinny dipping ( which is my favorite! ) or hiking in the forest, there's one thing that describes it: Freedom. Ultimate freedom. Nothing else like it in the world!
Skylar, I didn't mean to shun the lifestyle, if that's how I came across. I was just trying to state that personally I see no appeal to it... I never have and most likely never will. Perhaps that's because I was brought up by Christian parents with pretty traditional values who very well may not have been as open-minded about certain things as other parents, but that's just how it is. Like Pooua said in another post, I also consider myself to be a reasonably good-looking middle aged man, but I certainly don't have the body I did when I was in my twenties, so personally I don't feel any particular desire to have everything out there for all to see.

To clarify, I don't see anything wrong with people enjoying this lifestyle, though, as long as they are not breaking any laws or infringing on other peoples' rights.

I understand your comment about not going to a nudist resort or nudist event to look at others, but can you honestly tell me that you NEVER find yourself sort of checking out the bodies or body parts of the more attractive members of the opposite sex at these events?

If from your experiences as a nudist, you have become so desensitized to seeing the human body in the nude, that you don't even find yourself getting at least a little bit excited or aroused at seeing members of the opposite sex in the buff, wouldn't that pose a problem when you developed a relationship with someone and wanted to get intimate with them? Just curious.

Old 02-26-2012, 02:36 PM

Quote:
That statement seems to fit with another statement that you made about clothes feeling "confining". So is that the major appeal of it... that it's largely a bunch of overweight people whose clothes pinch and bind them because of their excess weight and thus feel more comfortable without their clothes clinging to their bodies?
I don't think that is the main reason for the appeal, even for myself. Clothes have always irritated me, even when I was concentration-camp underweight. Plenty of nudists (mostly where I'm not, apparently) are young, fit and good-looking.

Quote:
Skylar, I didn't mean to shun the lifestyle, if that's how I came across. I was just trying to state that personally I see no appeal to it... I never have and most likely never will. Perhaps that's because I was brought up by Christian parents with pretty traditional values who very well may not have been as open-minded about certain things as other parents, but that's just how it is.
I was brought up in a conservative, Christian family, too, and none of them have anything good to say about nudity. Nor am I a rebel; I behaved as I was told to behave, and I advocate those positions. However, I am not confined just to the beliefs of society. I try to think outside the box (and outside my clothes). I am not my flesh, nor am I a slave to my flesh. The world is under the subjugation of man, and I wish to learn all of it. Nothing should be hidden from me.

In my first 25 years, there were many times when I was required to disrobe, at the whims and convenience of others. I hated it! I did not want to take showers with everyone else in junior high or high school or the Navy. As for the Navy, you really don't get to keep much of your dignity in boot camp. So, now I really don't care what society thinks of my running around naked. I do it because I want to do it. It is my freedom to do it.

Quote:
I understand your comment about not going to a nudist resort or nudist event to look at others, but can you honestly tell me that you NEVER find yourself sort of checking out the bodies or body parts of the more attractive members of the opposite sex at these events?
Oh, I do it all the time! Maybe it bugs the daylights out of the "real" nudists, but I enjoy seeing nude female bodies immensely (though, no, I don't get sexually aroused by just seeing a naked woman, no matter how good-looking or sexy she is). That just isn't the reason I'm there, and I would go even if no one else were there. As it happens, I'm rarely around the owner of one of those more attractive bodies, though.

Also, I'm an amateur scientist and photographer, and I don't see very well. Most of what I see with one eye does not perfectly register with the image from my other eye, and both usually are blurry. I can't see anything in sharp focus that is more than about a dozen feet from me. All of that means that I need a long time to examine just about anything, whether it is a rock, a tree or a woman.

Quote:
If from your experiences as a nudist, you have become so desensitized to seeing the human body in the nude, that you don't even find yourself getting at least a little bit excited or aroused at seeing members of the opposite sex in the buff, wouldn't that pose a problem when you developed a relationship with someone and wanted to get intimate with them? Just curious.
In the first place, I'm a 45 year-old virgin, and it looks like I'll be a virgin the rest of my life. So, your question is moot in my case. However, there are other ways to express sexual invitation than merely appearing nude. The times when I've actually been sexually aroused were when both of us were clothed and not touching, and she did something special to show affection or interest in me.

I'm an intellectual. I try to base my actions and reactions on thought. I have a strong enough will that I demand my body respond according to my thoughts. If I intend that I will not be sexually aroused, no power on Earth is going to cause it.

Old 02-26-2012, 02:45 PM

27,074 posts, read 11,841,613 times
I love the freedom of being in the natural state-naked!

In my atrium (4 outside walls but no roof) or back porch, I sit often among the plants and flowers, all of us in our original duds.

But: Being around others doing the same does not appeal to me!

Old 02-27-2012, 03:38 AM

780 posts, read 1,343,391 times
Quote:

Skylar, I didn't mean to shun the lifestyle, if that's how I came across. I was just trying to state that personally I see no appeal to it... I never have and most likely never will. Perhaps that's because I was brought up by Christian parents with pretty traditional values who very well may not have been as open-minded about certain things as other parents, but that's just how it is. Like Pooua said in another post, I also consider myself to be a reasonably good-looking middle aged man, but I certainly don't have the body I did when I was in my twenties, so personally I don't feel any particular desire to have everything out there for all to see.

To clarify, I don't see anything wrong with people enjoying this lifestyle, though, as long as they are not breaking any laws or infringing on other peoples' rights.

I agree w/ what you're saying, and where you come from, and yes, the lifestyle is not for everyone.

No, I think it is human nature to look at someone who you find attractive, but many folks automatically think that being a nudist = sexual desires. Not saying you in particular, are, but most non-nudists I have discovered through conversations, feel this way.

I think when it comes to developing intimate relationships, no, I believe most nudists know to properly separate their lifestyle in general, with having sexual relations.

Old 01-22-2015, 02:40 AM

26,143 posts, read 19,825,082 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by SunnyKayak
Haulover is the best in the states that I have been to. It a shame Ameica has such hangups that there isnt any more either by a lake or ocean.
I went to one SunnyKayak in Mass one time.... A beach (On the ocean side) -- IT WAS FUN!!!!!!!!!!!

Sadly no one in my family is like me,they are all conditioned to think its wrong and thats quite sad.........

Old 01-22-2015, 08:56 AM

Location: East of Seattle since 1992, 615' Elevation, Zone 8b - originally from SF Bay Area
44,551 posts, read 81,085,957 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Fat Freddy View Post
Back in the 60's and 70's when we went to the beach, being nude was natural. To cover parts of the body with swim suits seemed perverse.

Of course we were aware of the general attitude toward nudity, so we had our own special spots to swim and lay in the sun.

Many of the special spots still exist as "Nude Beaches", but to intentionally seek them out for the express purpose of being nude in public seems in itself a perverse act.
That's when I participated, about 1970. A friend and I were hiking on Mt. Veeder in Napa, CA, and came across an interesting place. This was a former resort turned into a sort of "hippie" community
with a nice big pool. As I was only 17 at the time, it was quite enjoyable to play pool volleyball with the
residents there.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Hobbies and Recreation