Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Sports > Hockey
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 01-08-2009, 08:36 PM

269 posts, read 913,987 times

Advertisements

Did anyone else see the Wings score tonight??? 6-1 ... what happened were the Dallas player's hands cold???? I like it, I love it, I want some more of it!! Sorry but all my friends are Stars fans so it's a great night!!!!!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-08-2009, 09:41 PM

2,790 posts, read 6,352,683 times
IMHO, the biggest mistake Pittsburgh ever made was letting Hossa and Conklin end up in Detroit. The two of them are worth 100 Crosby's.

I don't plan to watch the all-star game, as it has turned into nothing more than a glorified popularity contest. I would be interested in see the criteria be the best players statisically-speaking from each position ineach league. That way you really would get the creme de la creme.

Old 01-09-2009, 05:28 AM

15,432 posts, read 25,818,588 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by gnab gib View Post
Another Wings fan here. I was born and raised in Michigan, but my family was all about football. I started paying attention to the Wings in the early '90s, when they started winning. Then I met my wife, who's from the metro Detroit area (Livonia), and she was a HUGE Wings fan. Now we watch all the games together. And we're going to our first Wings game as a couple in just a few weeks, when they come to D.C. to play the Caps! I can't wait! She's been to lots of games at the Joe, but this will be my first time seeing them in person!
The first time I saw them live was also at a Caps game. Stevie Y. was out that time. I saw him the next year when he was skating on one leg. I hope to get to this game but it's harder to get tickets now. I remember how easy it was to get tickets to the 1998 Finals. I bought tickets for game 6. Of course the Wings swept the Caps that year! Argh!

Old 01-09-2009, 04:54 PM

1,590 posts, read 4,576,168 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by dkf747 View Post
I bought tickets for game 6. Of course the Wings swept the Caps that year! Argh!
Only you thought it could go to six games

Go wings!

Old 01-09-2009, 08:39 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by S6Sputnik View Post
Only you thought it could go to six games

Go wings!
Ok. Here's what happened. I don't buy tickets often. When I called Ticketmaster, I told them I wanted tickets for "Game 3". I was so excited when I got them that I failed to notice that "Game 3" was interpreted as the 3rd game in Washington (game 6). It wasn't until I was getting ready to head for the real game 3 that I discovered they were for game 6. As you can imagine, I felt really stupid. This was a once in a lifetime chance for me that I will never get back. The only way I could get another chance like this is if the Caps face the Wings in the finals this year. That's my bonehead story.

Old 01-09-2009, 10:31 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by dkf747 View Post
Ok. Here's what happened. I don't buy tickets often. When I called Ticketmaster, I told them I wanted tickets for "Game 3". I was so excited when I got them that I failed to notice that "Game 3" was interpreted as the 3rd game in Washington (game 6). It wasn't until I was getting ready to head for the real game 3 that I discovered they were for game 6. As you can imagine, I felt really stupid. This was a once in a lifetime chance for me that I will never get back. The only way I could get another chance like this is if the Caps face the Wings in the finals this year. That's my bonehead story.
OMG that is FUNNY, I am sure the situation was GRIM at the time but 10 years later it is quite a great story

Old 01-12-2009, 11:33 AM

So the Wings are playing within 3 hours of my HOME and I cannot make the game due to my sons BIRTHDAY!!!! bummer.

Well give my boy a win!!! Go Wings!

Old 01-12-2009, 05:35 PM

269 posts, read 913,987 times
Wings vs Dallas again ... AWESOME!!! Let's Go Redwings!!!!

Old 01-13-2009, 11:11 AM

14,862 posts, read 42,882,290 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by txhawk36 View Post
Did anyone else see the Wings score tonight??? 6-1 ... what happened were the Dallas player's hands cold???? I like it, I love it, I want some more of it!! Sorry but all my friends are Stars fans so it's a great night!!!!!
The Stars were on a VERY LONG road trip. They logged more miles last week in that stretch than most other teams. They were in 4 time zones in 4 days. Two flights were delayed due to weather. I don't blame them for being tired and worn out. If the wings had to do that much traveling they would be just as bad of a show on a game like that as the Stars were.

Quote:
Originally Posted by txhawk36 View Post
Wings vs Dallas again ... AWESOME!!! Let's Go Redwings!!!!
THE STARS WON!!! THE STARS WON!!! THE STARS WON!!!! WOO-HOO!!!! GO STARS

Can't help it. When it comes to the Stars playing the wings here in Dallas............ I can not STAND THE WINGS! Their fans are the absolute WORST in the league and the way they behave in public at a game here in Dallas.

Old 01-13-2009, 03:38 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by momof2dfw View Post
The Stars were on a VERY LONG road trip. They logged more miles last week in that stretch than most other teams. They were in 4 time zones in 4 days. Two flights were delayed due to weather. I don't blame them for being tired and worn out. If the wings had to do that much traveling they would be just as bad of a show on a game like that as the Stars were.
We Wings fans know all about the long travel. I don't like using it as an excuse, so I'm not sure that I can accept it for the Stars.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Sports > Hockey