Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Sports > Hockey
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 01-25-2013, 07:39 PM

8,289 posts, read 23,115,233 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by bostonguy1960 View Post
MilCity: did Chicago's NBC also cut off the Hawks game, if you've heard? I think nobody, including LA and Chicago, were able to see the Hawks-Kings after the switch, be that Pens-Flyers were 100% national later in the games. Heard there was no warning for a stoppage in play, even, when they switched your game.

Here in Boston, we had the full Pens-Flyers, with occasional cutins to the other game at intermission. The first half hour of the Kings game was shown in full before cutting to the other game, which they seemed to delay starting to allow all the country to see the banner rising in LA.
I don't think Chicago's market was cut off but I have a friend in Texas and Iowa and Iowa lost the game and my friend in Texas still got the game which is weird.

I just looked up Milwaukee/Wisconsin's blackout market and all WILD games are blacked out in WI not because we are such huge MN Wild fans but FS-WI is owned by the FS-North people in the twin cities so we do get a lot of Wild games on Fox sports when there is nothing else on.

However if you live in Racine or Kenosha Counties in Wisconsin, both Wild and Blackhawks games are blacked out which makes no sense because I don't think if you're in Kenosha or Racine you cannot get Comcast Sports net. Racine county borders Milwaukee so on one side of the street you are blacked out of all blackhawks games if you buy NHL Gamecenter or the TV league pass. Again if you live north of county line rd in Milwaukee county you are not blacked out, thank god because I bought NHL Gamecenter before checking it.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-27-2013, 06:12 AM

570 posts, read 581,280 times
their looking great 5-0...and Detroit next...enter the hawk fan give away, awesome franchise with the best looking jersey in all of sports, the red, love it...

Old 01-27-2013, 07:54 PM

8,289 posts, read 23,115,233 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bugsbunny7 View Post
their looking great 5-0...and Detroit next...enter the hawk fan give away, awesome franchise with the best looking jersey in all of sports, the red, love it...
"I see why they call it "Hockeytown" because, desolate land of abandoned buildings just doesn't have the same ring to it"

Old 01-28-2013, 12:21 AM

2,947 posts, read 5,193,788 times
I saw the OT against Detroit and Corey Crawford's on ice interview, via the free Center Ice preview. I like how the Blackhawks home games have an on ice player interview with the female holding the microphone. Not sure if they only do the interview after a win?

I don't think NESN does the on ice interview of Bruins players, though they do have a post game show, often with a player coming on to the set. But with Center Ice, outsiders don't get to see the actual post game show of any broadcast! I hate when it cuts away just before the commercial once the game ends!

Anyway, I thought Crawford kind of sounds like Crosby when he speaks...same tone and sound in a way? Same accent, if it's even an accent. Is he from Nova Scotia? Haven't been able to check yet. He speaks well, which most hockey players do, contrary to what hockey haters think, right?

Old 01-28-2013, 04:42 AM

I think hockey players are some of the most classiest guys , down to earth blue collar guys...check out JRs book great storys...

Old 02-08-2013, 06:29 AM

way to go hawks, nice payback, nail torres every chance you get...

Old 02-08-2013, 11:06 AM

467 posts, read 1,190,236 times
Default Here...maybe this will help!

Old 02-08-2013, 01:53 PM

head coach, beautiful...is it yours?

Old 02-23-2013, 04:17 AM

way to go HAWKS...a new record...

Old 02-23-2013, 12:06 PM

3,763 posts, read 6,711,977 times
I would be surprised if the Blackhawks didn't make it to the Stanley Cup.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Sports > Hockey