Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > House > Home Interior Design and Decorating
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 07-03-2012, 03:14 PM

259 posts, read 823,264 times

Advertisements

Been a long time, but finally back working on my house. Been an extremely busy spring and summer.

What the bathroom looked like this morning when I started. Just quoting some of my pics from before as its been so long.

Quote:
Cleaned up.

What looks to be the old siding or such when the put an addition on at some point.

And what I found when I took the ceiling down, don't think your supposed to see light, lol. Time to get a new seal.

Probably will just take the ceiling 2x4's down as they are just sitting on top of the walls so I can just put in new ones.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-03-2012, 03:15 PM

And what it looks like now. I really wanted a one piece tub/shower just for the fact that there is no caulk joints or anything to worry about. And I didn't want to tile as if I ever rent the house its just one more thing to worry about. I just had to make sure all the door ways were 36" to get in in. Luckily the door to the outside off the living room was 36". But the opening to the bathroom wasn't so I just tore the casing out and will replace it with all new stuff which I really wanted to do anyways.

This is what it use to look like.

To the right of the new tub/shower where it is open now is where the toilet use to be. I put the tub on that wall to really open the bathroom up.

Where the small piece of board is on the ground is where the vanity is going to go to. It will be a 42" one as I figure I would rather have more counter space in case there's ever a girl living with me or here, lol.

Also to the right of the tub/shower I am going to box the bottom in as you won't be able to get to it because the toilets in the way. About 1/4-1/2 way up I am going to put shelves to the ceiling.

I rebuilt the vent pipe as it was outside the wall before so now I won't have to worry about it. Also tore down the old ceiling or lack there off and rebuilt it.

I also rebuilt some of the copper pipe in the basement.

My mess from today.

Hopefully I will have updates most everyday this week.

Old 07-03-2012, 05:04 PM

224 posts, read 947,193 times
Glad to see an update! Looking good!!

Old 07-03-2012, 05:27 PM

2,289 posts, read 5,774,983 times
I have enjoyed following your adventures. Your work is outstanding...thanks so much for sharing with us.

Old 07-04-2012, 12:33 AM

4,587 posts, read 4,216,957 times
Excellent work. Thank you for posting!

Old 07-04-2012, 08:27 AM

13,056 posts, read 18,121,249 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by wagonproject View Post
{ snipped........................

I figure I would rather have more counter space in case there's ever a girl living with me or here, lol.
With talent like yours they will be lining up around the block....heck if I were not married I would toss my name into the ring!!!!

Old 07-05-2012, 12:20 AM

15,632 posts, read 24,435,519 times
Another awesome update! I agree with nuts2uiam -- you're a catch for any woman!

Old 07-05-2012, 02:41 PM

20,793 posts, read 61,314,203 times
You have 5 years to wait until I will allow my daughter to marry you . She will be out of college by then and I will feel old enough to be a mother-in-law .

Old 07-05-2012, 06:56 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by A Nonny Mouse View Post
Glad to see an update! Looking good!!
Thanks a lot!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dollydo View Post
I have enjoyed following your adventures. Your work is outstanding...thanks so much for sharing with us.
Thanks! Trying to do my best and learn along the way, hopefully I don't mess up to bad, lol.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sweet*Tea View Post
Excellent work. Thank you for posting!
Thanks a lot!

Quote:
Originally Posted by nuts2uiam View Post
With talent like yours they will be lining up around the block....heck if I were not married I would toss my name into the ring!!!!
Trying to find that girl still! Seems like most my age want to party or just aren't ready to settle down. But thats a whole nother story, lol.

Quote:
Originally Posted by golfgal View Post
You have 5 years to wait until I will allow my daughter to marry you . She will be out of college by then and I will feel old enough to be a mother-in-law .
Hopefully in 5 years I will be done Maybe even have the kitchen remodel by then too! So she won't have to put up with my remodeling mess

Old 07-05-2012, 07:13 PM

7,136 posts, read 12,675,732 times
Thank you for the pictures and the update. I'm so impressed by your work. I wish my dear daughter could find a nice and talented guy like you.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > House > Home Interior Design and Decorating