Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > House > Home Interior Design and Decorating
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 08-03-2010, 06:11 AM

759 posts, read 3,144,105 times

Advertisements

I'm repainting my daughter's bedroom this week and I need some warm white/cream color suggestions. I dont' trust myself when I pick out the white/cream colors, because the last time I did it, I painted the wainscoting in the den a white color that had gray undertones.

She's 6 years old, so she has a lot of pink in her room, and it's only 11 x 10 with one window, so I want a bright preferably cream color or white.

I'm open to all brands of paint. I would prefer someone who has actually used a color in their room. My head is swimming from looking at the color charts, and I find even when I use the paint visualizers, the color looks different when I get the sample.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-03-2010, 10:55 AM

10,875 posts, read 13,808,411 times
You can go to the home depot and they have large color sample catalogs. Check out the whites and lights pamphlet. I'd go with a light peach or violet to make it look more "girly" but still light and neutral. You can also get color samples inexpensivly so you can get colors on the wall to see what they will really look like before jumping in.

Old 08-04-2010, 08:57 AM

757 posts, read 2,082,850 times
I have the perfect paint color for you....Shaker Beige by Benjamin Moore. If you like another paint brand, they can color match it. We used Shaker Beige in our prior home. It is a warm light beige. No pink undertones! I hate beiges that get a pinky undertone at night. Just a pure light beige that really looks great at night and during the day. I've not met a beige that I like better. The trim color that I really like is Bone China from Sherwin Williams...a great creamy color great for all trim. We also used greenbrier beige from BM in our last home. It's much darker than Shaker Beige, but again no pink undertones at night. It reminded me of a rich latte...in the end I liked Shaker Beige much better since it was lighter and made the room look bigger than the darker Beige. If you want something lighter than Shaker Beige, I suggest Manchester tan from BM. I used that with Greenbrier beige for trim. Manchester Tan is a very muted light light beige and a really great color. Not white, not yellow creamy, just very light beige. On the wall, it may be too light for me, but would be a great substitute for plain white on the walls.

Old 08-05-2010, 12:36 PM

681 posts, read 2,359,360 times
I recommend Belvedere Cream by Behr. This shade was used in all the main living areas of my house and it's a warm ivory that glows. After five years, I still love the shade! It also pairs very well with muted aqua greens and golden tans.

Old 08-06-2010, 04:36 PM

I picked out a color yesterday morning at Lowe's, cause I am short on time. My daughter is coming back from visiting relatives on Monday, and I work 12 hour shifts until then, so I ended up picking Bermuda Sand (Olympic). It is a nice warm creamy color with no yellow undertones and it really warms up the room. I was also surprised at how nice the Olympic paint was to work with. I've used BM and Sw, but this stuff was just as good if not better. It didn't take me long at all to paint the first coat, and I'll be doing the second coat tonight.

KittySkyfish and MJohnson--thanks for your suggestions. I am planning on repainting the living room since my floors are now very light, I need something a little darker than I have now. I'll look into your suggested colors

Old 08-06-2010, 06:20 PM

I almost made a big mistake!!! I actually used Valspar Bermuda Sand. The nerve of Lowes to carry 2 brands next to each other in the store that have the same name! I realized my mistake when I had to get another gallon of paint and looked for Bermuda Sand in Olympic and noticed it was very tan..
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > House > Home Interior Design and Decorating