Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > House > Home Interior Design and Decorating
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 01-23-2012, 10:46 PM

43,011 posts, read 108,061,041 times

Advertisements

That top color is 100% better! Is it still wet? Give it time to dry. Live with it for a bit. Paint a big patch right over top of those other colors.

If you think still it's off, just know you're heading in the right direction. Look for something close to it on the color chips at the paint store.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-24-2012, 08:04 AM

252 posts, read 387,103 times
I'm just amazed that I picked a color that is heading in the right direction - feel like I'm starting to learn a bit here.

I'm going to go back to Loews and try one shade up and one shade down, and see how I feel about it all. It's definitely very close to emulating the color of the room I saw on apartment therapy that I really loved. What I find really interesting is that despite how dark this room can get, how much that color pops over the lavender behind it.

No words for what a bad color choice I originally made for this room.

Old 01-24-2012, 10:32 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Livinginburbank View Post
What I find really interesting is that despite how dark this room can get, how much that color pops over the lavender behind it.
My son's room is the darkest green you can imagine. I was fearful when he picked it. It's actually stunning.

Here's it is so you can remind yourself of what's truly dark whenever you think a color is dark!

I'm not saying go this dark. I'm just saying don't be afraid of color.

http://www.mmmiata.com/28%20dark%20kelly%20green.jpg (broken link)

Old 01-24-2012, 06:14 PM

20,793 posts, read 61,314,203 times
Are you set on "pastels"? BM has a color called Dry Sage. I have that in my house and I just LOVE the color. It's a light sage green. It looks amazing with any natural wood tones but it also is great with the creamy whites you have already. The "swatch" on the computer almost looks brown/gray but is is not at all.

I like the top color in your photo the best. The other two are way too yellow based.

Old 01-24-2012, 06:54 PM

12,477 posts, read 17,794,686 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by golfgal View Post
Are you set on "pastels"? BM has a color called Dry Sage. I have that in my house and I just LOVE the color. It's a light sage green. It looks amazing with any natural wood tones but it also is great with the creamy whites you have already. The "swatch" on the computer almost looks brown/gray but is is not at all.

I like the top color in your photo the best. The other two are way too yellow based.

I have a sage in my dining area and love it! Get loads of compliments on it.

Old 01-24-2012, 07:25 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by PippySkiddles View Post
I have a sage in my dining area and love it! Get loads of compliments on it.
I am definitely more of a pastel kind of person, but I will look into sage as well. thank you for the recommendation.

Old 01-24-2012, 07:27 PM

Any thoughts on this adorable media stand from Pottery Barn?

Metropolitan TV Stand | Pottery Barn

I want to get rid of all the crap I have from Ashley's Furniture, including the piece I previously referenced that I "wouldn't" give up.

Any thoughts on if it would compliment this piece at all that I purchased from Ethan Allen for my audio equipment?

ethanallen.com - tango door chest | ethan allen | furniture | interior design

Old 01-24-2012, 10:18 PM

12,477 posts, read 17,794,686 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Livinginburbank View Post
Any thoughts on this adorable media stand from Pottery Barn?

Metropolitan TV Stand | Pottery Barn

I want to get rid of all the crap I have from Ashley's Furniture, including the piece I previously referenced that I "wouldn't" give up.

Any thoughts on if it would compliment this piece at all that I purchased from Ethan Allen for my audio equipment?

ethanallen.com - tango door chest | ethan allen | furniture | interior design

I love the chest; not so much the TV stand. But you know what---it's your preference. Your choice. You have to live with it. Trust your instinct.

Old 01-24-2012, 10:23 PM

Based only on those two pieces, it seems you're going to end up with an eclectic look again.

From looking at the pictures of your inspiration rooms, I know eclectic isn't your goal.

The whole reason you came here for advice is because nothing in your room goes together.

I don't want you to end up with a bunch of new furniture and still have the same problem.

Old 01-24-2012, 10:39 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hopes View Post
Based only on those two pieces, it seems you're going to end up with an eclectic look again.

From looking at the pictures of your inspiration rooms, I know eclectic isn't your goal.

The whole reason you came here for advice is because nothing in your room goes together.

I don't want you to end up with a bunch of new furniture and still have the same problem.
Which is exactly why I'm posting before purchasing - the last thing I want to do is end up back where I started.

So, no pottery barn tv stand. I really do love the Ethan Allen piece, so I may want to think about how to make the room blend around that style.

As I get rid of the rest of the misfits, hopefully this will happen. I just need to make sure that I'm not buying more misfits. And, I want to veer more towards quality pieces that will last yet still fit into my budget.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > House > Home Interior Design and Decorating