Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > House > Home Interior Design and Decorating
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 01-27-2014, 09:07 AM

545 posts, read 513,304 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by me-anon View Post
I see that this thread is a bit old but the Milan is exactly why I was googling about this manufacturer and found this thread. The sides and back are bonded leather; only the seating area isn't. The cushions are indenting after 4 years of wear and need to their padding replaced. There are numbers of people complaining online that Macys won't do anything about these complaints. Even on the macys.com website there are a few reviews of people with cushion problems like me. I also had after only a year some cracks/rips in the bad of the sofa after the first year.
I have not had these problems with the Milan, and we have had it for maybe 6 years. I have a 120 pound Rott and a 90 pound German Shepherd and now a 60 pound pit/choc lab mix who running leaps onto the thing daily, plus my wife and family. It is a solid piece of furniture in my experience. We abuse the thing. I do not know the difference between bond and other leather but the sofa seat back is against the wall in our case while the chaise setback is exposed, but who really can tell the difference? Maybe if you want more of a museum show piece you could get shinier leather or down pillows, etc. but if you actually use the thing it has proven a solid, durable piece.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-17-2014, 04:19 PM

2 posts, read 17,326 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by davenj08 View Post
We have been looking for new sofa sets for our living room and after going to Ashleys, Raymour & Flanigan and Macys furniture stores, the only ones we liked so far were a set of Chateau d'Ax. I have never heard of them before but I checked with two sales associates and they both mentioned that its a very good brand, comparable to Natuzzi. I placed an order but have the delivery is set out a month from now because I need time to research and cancel in case the brand has negative reviews.

I looked up online and it has both - great reviews and terrible reviews. Not sure which ones to believe. Any feedback will be very helpful!
Hello, no doubt you have by now found a set you are happy with, but for the sake of other viewers with a similar question, I'm going to post my experience. I had never heard of Chateau d'Ax until I found some at a store in 2006. It was a chocolate colored roll arm style set with baseball stitching. Sofa, loveseat, over-sized chair and ottoman. My husband loved them, but I was not sold. We went ahead and bought them, and I have to say that after more than 8 years, the set looks brand new! It has held up amazingly. We have 6 children, and often have large family gatherings with 20-30 plus children dropping food, muck (we live in the country), milk, sand, etc all over this set. I once even spilled hot candle wax all over one of them and it came off like NOTHING after it cooled. You'd never know!

Even now, when we have guests come over for the first time, they think we have just purchased the set and ask where we found them. They are shocked to find out that we have had them so long. They wipe up super easy, are incredibly durable, the most comfortable couches I have ever sit on! In fact, you can't lay on them for more than a few minutes without falling asleep. The leather is soft and supple. I think we oiled them once, in the first year we got them. There is no cracking, wrinkling, drying, uneveness or evident wear. I would definitely buy them again!

Old 02-23-2014, 05:55 PM

1 posts, read 15,602 times
Yeah, well quality doesn't matter IF YOU NEVER GET THE SOFA. We ordered one from Macy's in Cincinnati in early November, 2013. As I write this, it is FEBRUARY 23, and the order has already BEEN DELAYED 5 TIMES!! We have NO CONFIDENCE in our latest ETA date (to Macy's) of March 3. We just moved one of our recliners from our basement, up to our living room, OURSELVES (we are not young people). I just submitted a complaint to Macy's Corporate, via their web site, that, in my opinion, they need to LEAN ON D' AX, AS A CORPORATION, TO DO BETTER. Try HIRING MORE WORKERS. (Oh wait...employers don't hire people anymore, do they?) Macy's is not Sears, nor J.C. Penny, nor Furniture Fair. They position themselves as one of the most upscale retailers (and their prices reflect that) in the USA. With that come customers who have higher SERVICE AND PRODUCT expectations! We have ordered AUTOMOBILES, to be manufactured to our specific details with respect to color and options, that have never come close to taking this long!!

Old 03-06-2014, 01:02 PM

1 posts, read 15,547 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by 7organicTomatoS View Post
Hello, no doubt you have by now found a set you are happy with, but for the sake of other viewers with a similar question, I'm going to post my experience. I had never heard of Chateau d'Ax until I found some at a store in 2006. It was a chocolate colored roll arm style set with baseball stitching. Sofa, loveseat, over-sized chair and ottoman. My husband loved them, but I was not sold. We went ahead and bought them, and I have to say that after more than 8 years, the set looks brand new! It has held up amazingly. We have 6 children, and often have large family gatherings with 20-30 plus children dropping food, muck (we live in the country), milk, sand, etc all over this set. I once even spilled hot candle wax all over one of them and it came off like NOTHING after it cooled. You'd never know!

Even now, when we have guests come over for the first time, they think we have just purchased the set and ask where we found them. They are shocked to find out that we have had them so long. They wipe up super easy, are incredibly durable, the most comfortable couches I have ever sit on! In fact, you can't lay on them for more than a few minutes without falling asleep. The leather is soft and supple. I think we oiled them once, in the first year we got them. There is no cracking, wrinkling, drying, uneveness or evident wear. I would definitely buy them again!
Hi can I ask if this sofa was a leather or fabric? I'm currently on a sofa hunt and recently come across this brand in "most reliable sofa" lists. Having recently had a TERRIBLE experience with another sofa company based here in the uk, I'm certainly doing my research to make sure we get a good quality sofa this time around.

Naturally, I guess any sofa company will have some negative reviews but just need to understand what are constant and serious issues with the brand or perhaps one-offs...or maybe I'm just hoping!

I've also been looking at Natuzzi but understand the Natuzzi sofas sold here in the uk are the higher end/Italian made ones compared to a lot of the Chinese manufactured ones being sold in retailers in the US. Would really appreciate anyone's input or advice for sofa companies (preferably that have a store in the uk).

Thanks!

Old 04-25-2014, 05:35 PM

1 posts, read 15,304 times
Hi all,

I just stumbled upon this thread after doing a search for Chateau d'Ax. I bought a three piece set from Macy's in Minneapolis about 6 years ago (without looking, I believe it was the Milan). I could not be more disappointed. After about 4 years, both the couch and the chair started to rip and tear. And we aren't especially hard on these pieces - only recently had our first child. I will take some pictures to show how poorly the leather has held up. Outside of a house and a car, this was the largest purchase I've made, and I really hoped it would last for years.

Does anyone have any idea on if it is possible to get the pieces repaired or replaced or a discount applied towards a next purchase? It is to the point where it is embarrassing to have people over.

Thanks in advance for your advice.

John

Old 05-17-2014, 04:32 PM

1 posts, read 15,174 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by 7organicTomatoS View Post

This sounds like the same set we bought 9 Years ago. I'm afraid I can't give it such glowing reviews.
After about 6 years, we started noticing delamination on the chair back. Now there is delamination of leather on all of the pieces (except the ottoman). We have dogs that are on the furniture, but the issue is occurring in "non-wear" areas as well. This (to me) is indicative of poor leather quality. I enjoyed the look and feel of this set, but its time to go shopping again. Probably won't purchase this brand again.

Old 12-31-2014, 01:39 PM

1 posts, read 14,343 times
Default How good are Chateau d'ax Sofas

We have had our sofa and recliner for 2 years 1 month
I sit on the end of the sofa, my husband sits in the recliner and he is 50 lbs heavier than I am.
The portion of the sofa where I sit has flattened, the recliner that my husband sits on has not.
I called Macy's where the furniture was purchased and they told me there is nothing they can do. They suggested I call a upholstery company.

I am saying do I have to have this repaired every 2 years. What does this say about the quality of the sofa?

My niece purchased a similar sofa also a Chateau 'd Ax at Macy's at the same time and had to send it back twice. The second time they told her they could not fix it and gave her a full refund.

That shows you again the quality of the sofas.

Evidently they are using inferior materials. I have never had this happen and I had a lot of sofas in my lifetime.

Judy18k

Old 01-23-2015, 08:14 AM

1 posts, read 14,165 times
What tool is used to remove the feet?
I have a couch I need to move and need to remove feet to get it out of the door.

Old 02-11-2015, 11:38 AM

1 posts, read 13,970 times
Default "Metropolis" D'Ax Sofas

DBluuzman / Others

I hope you still monitor this site, because your experience seems valuable to my question.

I am a senior who recently moved to Fort Worth and am seeking some seating for my living room. I am on a fixed retirement and need to be careful about asset expenditures.

I found a beautiful leather sofa set called "Metropolis" from Chateau D'Ax. It has 100 % leather, top grain on contacts and split on sides and back, with 1.8 density cushions. Here is the link:

[url=http://www.havertys.com/furniture/metropolis-sofa]Living Rooms, Metropolis Sofa, Living Rooms | Havertys Furniture[/url]

I do not know if you are familiar with it, but these negative posts have me concerned.

Would you please give me your opinion on its quality? If you wish, you can email me at my address below.

Thank you

Bill
[email]libra9@earthlink.net[/email]

Old 10-31-2015, 02:48 PM

1 posts, read 12,530 times
Default not good

Chateau d ax looks good but does not hold up

Our leather sofa fell apart after 18 months
company and Macys would do nothing
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > House > Home Interior Design and Decorating