Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > House > Home Interior Design and Decorating
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 08-11-2014, 04:26 PM

67,650 posts, read 60,944,294 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by nightcrawler View Post
love it. i too dont see the problem of waiting your turn. just how long does it take for a person to do number one, or brush your teeth. seriously?????

and just why can your guests ever use the regular bathroom, whats so secretive???? I just dont get this modern concept that guests, which are not strangers but family and friends, that they have to have their own bathroom??????

same with us, it was my and my 3 biys, sharing one bathroom, we managed.
everyone in our neighborhood managed with one bathroom for decades.....thats just the way the houses were built, you had one bathroom, becuase that's all one house needed was one bathroom....

better than an out house behind the barn.....................
Well, of course it's more desirable to have indoor plumbing than an outhouse, but you just proved the point the other poster was making. You don't NEED an indoor bathroom, but you prefer one. She doesn't NEED two bathrooms, but she prefers to have two. Just as you prefer not to take the trek outside to use the john - though it certainly wouldn't kill you, and thousands of your ancestors survived it perfectly well - she prefers not to share a bathroom with three other family members.

To each his or her own.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-11-2014, 04:29 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ohky0815 View Post
I never said someone had to live up or down to my standards. I just told the poster to have her kids learn to aim and shed/hed live fine if they had 1 bathroom.
I doubt that - most people, given the choice, would PREFER not to share a bathroom with two boys and a husband, even if their aim was good.

And I'm pretty sure the other family members would enjoy having fewer people sharing the bathroom for that matter.

Old 08-11-2014, 04:31 PM

I can't wait to put in the new backsplash in our kitchen. I've already got the material sitting in my garage!

MUCH easier to wipe down and keep clean than a painted wall in my opinion - and I prefer the way tile looks over a painted wall. But then that's just my personal opinion.

Old 08-11-2014, 05:12 PM

5,624 posts, read 6,846,119 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by KathrynAragon View Post
I can't wait to put in the new backsplash in our kitchen. I've already got the material sitting in my garage!

MUCH easier to wipe down and keep clean than a painted wall in my opinion - and I prefer the way tile looks over a painted wall. But then that's just my personal opinion.

Old 08-11-2014, 06:25 PM

18,471 posts, read 31,643,914 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ohiogirl81 View Post
Good point. And I don't understand the horror of sharing a bathroom - or even a sink! - with a member of your own family.

And how can anyone not cringe in disgust when some spoiled brat home buyer complains because a five-year-old house hasn't been "updated"? Seriously?

The waste in our lifestyles is repulsive, and HGTV just fuels our unsustainable consumer culture.

Like a peeping tom with a flashlight? LOL

oh wait, you remember, I really did have that.....

it has since stopped, since we had the police go there.

love you!!!!

and I agree with your post, as usual!!

Old 08-11-2014, 06:29 PM

18,471 posts, read 31,643,914 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by KathrynAragon View Post
Well, of course it's more desirable to have indoor plumbing than an outhouse, but you just proved the point the other poster was making. You don't NEED an indoor bathroom, but you prefer one. She doesn't NEED two bathrooms, but she prefers to have two. Just as you prefer not to take the trek outside to use the john - though it certainly wouldn't kill you, and thousands of your ancestors survived it perfectly well - she prefers not to share a bathroom with three other family members.

To each his or her own.

im not disagreeing with the original poster but the HGTV BS we hear all the time of what we must have.

believe me, I wish I had my own bathroom all to myself, but I just have a really good lock on the door..............................

Old 08-11-2014, 06:43 PM

41,959 posts, read 75,205,836 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by nightcrawler View Post
oh wait, you remember, I really did have that.....

it has since stopped, since we had the police go there.
Oh, yes ... Hope I didn't dredge up any bad memories.

Old 08-11-2014, 07:19 PM

All I can say is that it's the 21st century in the good ol' US of A and I want 2.5 bathrooms minimum AND a dang back splash.

Old 08-11-2014, 10:48 PM

11,011 posts, read 11,026,533 times
An extra bathroom and even an extra powder room is hardly waste - to me. I don't think that means I've fallen for the wasteful HGTV culture or whatever. It means that I don't want to share a bathroom with my slobby teenage daughter or have to constantly go upstairs to use the restroom when I can have a powder room on the first floor. I'm likely in the majority in that opinion.

My very non-HGTV parents have eight bathrooms. So an extra bathroom and a half hardly merits mention.

Old 08-12-2014, 03:26 AM

5,284 posts, read 20,052,779 times
I grew up with one bathroom.......yes I could do it again but would prefer not to. Like Kathy 2.5 bathrooms or more is what is comfortable. My husband and I prefer to have our own bathrooms.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > House > Home Interior Design and Decorating