Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > House > Home Interior Design and Decorating
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 06-12-2016, 01:38 PM

1,168 posts, read 1,227,194 times

Advertisements

Your Guns.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-12-2016, 01:50 PM

17,077 posts, read 13,369,227 times
Flashlight, tissues, breath mints, vibrator

Old 06-12-2016, 08:54 PM

461 posts, read 509,213 times
Socks, undergarments....

Old 06-13-2016, 12:20 AM

23,652 posts, read 13,992,303 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Robino1 View Post
Sounds like that is what the OP is doing. Sounds also like they are trying to get ideas of what to put where. Instead of attacking, maybe make suggestions instead?

I keep my night clothes in the middle drawer.

Belts and clutch purses are in the bottom drawer. Misc stuff in the top drawer.
THANK YOU!

One of the things I found in the drawer was a kitten chain pull. At first, where it was to go was doubtful since it didn't have a chain connector but I found some more loose chain and was able to put it up on display. Suppose I need to go over to Lowe's and buy a package or two of chain connectors to keep in the bolts sliding tray box. More clutter but at least it's in order clutter.

Quarters, nickels, and dimes go into old 35mm film "canisters". The quarters will be used quickly enough, the other coins not so much. Alas, I tossed my most recent empty spice bottles into recycling so it may be while before one is available for the pennies for whatever their eventual fate is.

As for the drawer.....the Nick Knight drawer seems to be my best answer. I've always strived to be that much in order for a place where I would drop my day to day contents....but have never gotten to that point. In the apartment, I tried to do it with my father's Chinese jewelry box....but that often got buried on the bedside table top under books and such.

The next two drawers down, bigger drawers, I don't know yet. On the surface, they currently contain loose boxes of ammo, magazines, old targets, rope that I was trying make into a costume weapon with a lariat at one end and a monkey fist at the other, and "inspirational" picture sources. Things to be recycled, sent to more appropriate storage locations, and maybe things to be kept right where they are at.

As to what can go in them, well maybe a small box containing my assortment of neck wallets. If it is deep enough, one of the camp lanterns I have so many of. Perhaps the bedroom's toolkit and equally, a first aid kit.

Perhaps......I'll see when I get them cleaned out.

Thanks all.

Old 06-13-2016, 11:33 AM

13,131 posts, read 20,995,508 times
Oh for crying out loud! Lets be honest here, the top draw sole purpose should be to hold the sex toys and related items! You don't want to be fumbling around in the moment trying to remember if what you want is in the hall closet, under the shoes, behind the box of Special K, or is it int he glove box or where?????? You need it right there, in arms reach, ready to grab and use.

Old 06-13-2016, 11:42 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rabrrita View Post
Oh for crying out loud! Lets be honest here, the top draw sole purpose should be to hold the sex toys and related items! You don't want to be fumbling around in the moment trying to remember if what you want is in the hall closet, under the shoes, behind the box of Special K, or is it int he glove box or where?????? You need it right there, in arms reach, ready to grab and use.
Well, A and B.

A: Alas, no man in my bed......unless you count my boy cat. Oh, POUNCE ME, MY GREAT EGYPTIAN GOD, pounce me!

B: The Net these days being what it is....who is to say those things aren't next to the computer?

..............and then, there is C: Coming home today, I did use the drawer as my Nick Knight drawer and you know what?

Just about filled it up.

Old 06-13-2016, 12:17 PM

6,039 posts, read 6,055,061 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by TamaraSavannah View Post
THANK YOU!

One of the things I found in the drawer was a kitten chain pull. At first, where it was to go was doubtful since it didn't have a chain connector but I found some more loose chain and was able to put it up on display. Suppose I need to go over to Lowe's and buy a package or two of chain connectors to keep in the bolts sliding tray box. More clutter but at least it's in order clutter.

Quarters, nickels, and dimes go into old 35mm film "canisters". The quarters will be used quickly enough, the other coins not so much. Alas, I tossed my most recent empty spice bottles into recycling so it may be while before one is available for the pennies for whatever their eventual fate is.

As for the drawer.....the Nick Knight drawer seems to be my best answer. I've always strived to be that much in order for a place where I would drop my day to day contents....but have never gotten to that point. In the apartment, I tried to do it with my father's Chinese jewelry box....but that often got buried on the bedside table top under books and such.

The next two drawers down, bigger drawers, I don't know yet. On the surface, they currently contain loose boxes of ammo, magazines, old targets, rope that I was trying make into a costume weapon with a lariat at one end and a monkey fist at the other, and "inspirational" picture sources. Things to be recycled, sent to more appropriate storage locations, and maybe things to be kept right where they are at.

As to what can go in them, well maybe a small box containing my assortment of neck wallets. If it is deep enough, one of the camp lanterns I have so many of. Perhaps the bedroom's toolkit and equally, a first aid kit.

Perhaps......I'll see when I get them cleaned out.

Thanks all.
This is how hoarding works.

You could cash in those rarely used coins.

All the rest...sounds like you're just making excuses to relocate them, thus hang onto them for future never-going-to-happen projects.

Old 06-13-2016, 12:33 PM

1,009 posts, read 1,572,107 times
Repeat after me: Knick-knack. Knick-knack. Knick-knack.

Whew. I feel better.

My nightstand has one drawer and I keep books and reading glasses in there.

Old 06-13-2016, 05:53 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by elhelmete View Post
This is how hoarding works.

You could cash in those rarely used coins.

All the rest...sounds like you're just making excuses to relocate them, thus hang onto them for future never-going-to-happen projects.
Well, give me a chance. I haven't started sorting the lower drawers yet.

The "costume" rope will probably end up with dive gear or the like, someplace where rope is likely to be used. Used targets will end up in recycling. Magazines will be sent to the weapons safe (which I didn't have when they went in the drawer) while ammo will be put in another vault. The "inspirational" pictures will remain where they are for they are the sources of fantasies of a younger age.

The neck wallets are an interesting thing. They are rather essential for festivals because I'm in costume and they are the best choice for ID and credit cards and cash. Hidden, safe, and rather accessible. They are easy enough to get at an office store....and small enough to be misplaced in the home. So I have a few of them around. I find that the ones with the strap on the narrow end of the rectangle are far better than those with the strap on the wide end, so I know not to buy more of the latter than what I have already. Now that there is a central place to put them all, hopefully I won't be buying anymore.

I will probably cash in the coins eventually.....to turn them into rolls of quarters, the most efficient coin around since many machines take them and give back no change.

Old 06-13-2016, 09:49 PM

29 posts, read 46,790 times
For keeping just the extra things!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > House > Home Interior Design and Decorating