Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > House > Home Interior Design and Decorating
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 02-26-2020, 09:41 PM

61,734 posts, read 87,147,355 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by AnesthesiaMD View Post
It actually is the color palate my wife wants and loves. She has seen it in other homes, and that is what she wanted. I am the one who is unsure about it.
Then it's decided already and in progress. You just want our reassurance
Since it's all about making wife happy - you know the answers...
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-27-2020, 05:36 AM

4,725 posts, read 4,422,252 times
Honestly if the decorator is good (and it sounds like she is based on your saying that she has a great reputation and your wife has seen her work and loves it) then she should be able to carry out anything well
I am not a fan of gray but when done well, anything done well, it all works beautifully and I am sure you will love it. It's going to be a big change from what you had, so often there is a bit of shock for any change. Give yourself a little bit of time to get used to it and I am sure it will be lovely.

Old 02-27-2020, 05:53 AM

50,378 posts, read 63,993,273 times
Looking good!

Old 02-27-2020, 06:18 AM

18,466 posts, read 15,253,662 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mayvenne View Post
Honestly if the decorator is good (and it sounds like she is based on your saying that she has a great reputation and your wife has seen her work and loves it) then she should be able to carry out anything well
I am not a fan of gray but when done well, anything done well, it all works beautifully and I am sure you will love it. It's going to be a big change from what you had, so often there is a bit of shock for any change. Give yourself a little bit of time to get used to it and I am sure it will be lovely.
My wife seems to have no problem telling her “I like this. I don't like that.”.

I feel a bit awkward saying it, because I have no clue about any of this stuff. I am OK with multiple choice questions, like “Which do you like better, this runner or that one?” (A question from yesterday’s exam). I can confidently say “That one.” Judging from experience with this, I question whether my answer matters or not, but I am comfortable answering. But with the general stuff, I have no clue.

Old 02-27-2020, 07:38 AM

50,378 posts, read 63,993,273 times
Quote:
My wife seems to have no problem telling her “I like this. I don't like that.”.

I feel a bit awkward saying it, because I have no clue about any of this stuff. I am OK with multiple choice questions, like “Which do you like better, this runner or that one?” (A question from yesterday’s exam). I can confidently say “That one.” Judging from experience with this, I question whether my answer matters or not, but I am comfortable answering. But with the general stuff, I have no clue.
When a husband is asked, “This or that?”, it’s shorthand for, “Will you be reinforcing the decision I already made, or not?”

Old 02-27-2020, 08:05 AM

17,475 posts, read 66,064,806 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by gentlearts View Post
When a husband is asked, “This or that?”, it’s shorthand for, “Will you be reinforcing the decision I already made, or not?”

Girl, you can say that again!!!

But, after three decades I've turned the tables- I say, "you picked this one". My facial expression gives the approve/disapprove decision.

Old 02-27-2020, 08:21 AM

49,927 posts, read 59,955,675 times
It looks very nice. I could predict the changes she would recommend when I was looking at your before pix, although personally I didn't see much WRONG with them

I do think the new flooring is a mistake and will be something your wife regrets in a year or two. I would have just restained the existing classic floor. But the other changes look right in line with what's happening in a lot of homes today.

Old 02-27-2020, 08:29 AM

4,344 posts, read 2,233,865 times
I like it.

Old 02-27-2020, 08:29 AM

18,466 posts, read 15,253,662 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by BirdieBelle View Post
It looks very nice. I could predict the changes she would recommend when I was looking at your before pix, although personally I didn't see much WRONG with them

I do think the new flooring is a mistake and will be something your wife regrets in a year or two. I would have just restained the existing classic floor. But the other changes look right in line with what's happening in a lot of homes today.
I was concerned about the tiles too, but my wife said she showed it to her in a finished home and she liked it. I am waiting until the wood floors around it are stained before I make a final judgement, which again, will be irrelevant. They are going to be stained the same color as the stairs, which I am told will blend well with the tiles.

Old 02-27-2020, 08:40 AM

49,927 posts, read 59,955,675 times
Quote:
I was concerned about the tiles too, but my wife said she showed it to her in a finished home and she liked it. I am waiting until the wood floors around it are stained before I make a final judgement, which again, will be irrelevant. They are going to be stained the same color as the stairs, which I am told will blend well with the tiles.
I get what you mean.

Don't get me wrong … they're lovely, but they're just a very distinct style that will look like this specific "era" in a few years. But like you said, then you just get to go through all this fun again!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > House > Home Interior Design and Decorating