Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > House
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 05-27-2013, 07:31 AM

36,499 posts, read 54,108,088 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Three D's View Post
Hi, I have problems with our 3 cats puking on the carpets too. Yes, I went out and purchased the cheapest Bissell Carpet Cleaner Machine @ Walmart. I use it all the time to clean the carpets after the Spray foam Resolve makes clean spots and the rest of the carpet looks crappy. I love how the machine cleans and makes the house smell nice. Their carpet cleaners are geared towards pet stains etc. Also they have a fiber cleaner that gets out tough stains. I would get a machine to own it will save you in the long run. Good luck!

P.S. Just curious - what food do you feed your cats? I was feeding Science Diet, they got sick, switched to Iams, they got sick, switched to Blue, they got sick. After all the HIGH cost of cat food I did the 180 and went to the cheap stuff - Fancy Feast wet food. Guess what they still get sick all 3 cats. I'm tired of spending so much money on food they just barf up. The vet told me to get the all natural food and they still get sick. What to do? Reply if you can.
I guess I can hijack my own thread! Go on over to Cats forum and you will see many many thread about puking cats and best cat foods. Grocery store brands are notoriously bad and Fancy Feast is like mcDonalds. I feed Oscar RX Royal Canin rabbit and I feed Langley Before Grain. They still sometimes barf up hairballs but I almost lost Oscar before I realized how sick he was and got him the proper treatment and food. It is not natural for cats or anything to constantly puke. it is bad on their insides and teeth. It should not be ignored.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-27-2013, 12:12 PM

4,096 posts, read 6,219,292 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by The Three D's View Post
P.S. Just curious - what food do you feed your cats? I was feeding Science Diet, they got sick, switched to Iams, they got sick, switched to Blue, they got sick. After all the HIGH cost of cat food I did the 180 and went to the cheap stuff - Fancy Feast wet food. Guess what they still get sick all 3 cats. I'm tired of spending so much money on food they just barf up. The vet told me to get the all natural food and they still get sick. What to do? Reply if you can.
We had trouble with both the Science diet and Iams so we switched to some low carb cat, high protein food and that has worked great. It's expensive but the portions are small so it not bad. Now they only barf when they eat flowers someone has brought me.
-Natures Variety Instinct Raw Bites, frozen raw food
-Evol, dry food

We used Resolve on the spots but do the whole rug as well with a machine. It is true that the machines break down often. Some don't release all the water out of the piping so it rusts and clogs, have to run it weekly to avoid that. Others crack and leak. It's an endless cycle of keeping the machine up and running.

Old 06-11-2013, 12:37 PM

3 posts, read 6,397 times
Default Hair Balls

Quote:
Originally Posted by accufitgolf View Post
Never had a cat that did not barf ocassionally. I think it is the hair ball think even though not always a hair ball. We have two. One barfs more then the other. I know of no way to prevent them from barfing.
You maybe correct about the hairball thing. But I am dealing with puking cats every time they eat and not one but all 3 cats are barfing. I have switched to a new grain free food Innova Prime. So far so good. Thank you for your input.

Old 04-12-2014, 08:35 PM

3 posts, read 6,397 times
Hi Everyone, Thank you for all your responses. It's nice to know that I am not the only one with pets puking and the carpet cleaning problems. Since my original post I have made some changes.

My 3 cats are now on a Natural diet (1 year) - Nature's Choice - The brand has chicken, potato, rice. I mix them together to give them the variety of the Nature's Choice Brand. The puking has minimized greatly. At feeding time they all fight to get to the bowl.

As for carpet cleaning I am still using the Bis-sell carpet cleaner I mentioned in my original post. I clean it thoroughly after each use to keep the machine in tip top shape. I either use the bis-sell cleaners or I have sprayed the resolve carpet foam stuff and let is sit for a bit and then use the bis-sell carpet cleaner machine to extract the dirt etc.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > House