Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > House
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 01-01-2014, 05:13 PM

5,046 posts, read 9,624,436 times

Advertisements

Sinks are an interesting study and such an individual thing. And even with one person, taste can change over time. I loved the idea of the sort of three bay sink. Then two but deep was very handy. Equal sizes. Then we got a good deal on a Kohler big two deep sink design with one side smaller. As you know that's not metal and that makes a difference. When it gives out I think we'll go to a large deep single sink.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-01-2014, 05:27 PM

3,158 posts, read 4,591,937 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by cully View Post
This is gorgeous. I love when a kitchen can have a look of the rest of a home, with furniture like a living room.
Sure~ View from living room ...

Old 01-01-2014, 05:46 PM

43,011 posts, read 108,071,598 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by cully View Post
Sinks are an interesting study and such an individual thing. And even with one person, taste can change over time. I loved the idea of the sort of three bay sink. Then two but deep was very handy. Equal sizes. Then we got a good deal on a Kohler big two deep sink design with one side smaller. As you know that's not metal and that makes a difference. When it gives out I think we'll go to a large deep single sink.
Deep sinks are important to me. That's why I noticed the short divide.

They're not truly deep sinks if they have a short divide because water can't be filled up very far.

Old 01-01-2014, 05:53 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by golfgal View Post
And how many people do you have in the kitchen with you cooking with you---that's the point. It's fine for one person, but you have no real space for a second person. If you are the only on that cooks and cleans in your kitchen it's not an issue but the OP mentioned needing room for several people in the kitchen.

I miss my big island, they are wonderful if done right but narrow, small islands are just not functional.

Your kitchen is lovely and I LOVE your table!!

Thank You~~` There just the two of us now, hubby & I , we have three children ..We can have a least 5 in the prep area at the same-time around Island, plus still room to move around , cook on stove top or work in the sink. Here a pic of my son with his wife New Years Eve... The son 5'10 wife 5'7..So you can kinda get ideal on room/ space ...

Old 01-01-2014, 05:56 PM

2,856 posts, read 10,436,100 times
I guess I'm having commitment issues. I can't seem to commit to anything I pick. I know what kitchens I like when I see them but have no idea how to put them together on my own. Any tips on doing that?
I don't have money for a designer or anything...

Old 01-01-2014, 06:00 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by golfgal View Post
And how many people do you have in the kitchen with you cooking with you---that's the point. It's fine for one person, but you have no real space for a second person. If you are the only on that cooks and cleans in your kitchen it's not an issue but the OP mentioned needing room for several people in the kitchen.

I miss my big island, they are wonderful if done right but narrow, small islands are just not functional.

Your kitchen is lovely and I LOVE your table!!
Quote:
Originally Posted by WildCard~ View Post
Thank You~~` There just the two of us now, hubby & I , we have three children ..We can have a least 5 in the prep area at the same-time around Island, plus still room to move around , cook on stove top or work in the sink. Here a pic of my son with his wife New Years Eve... The son 5'10 wife 5'7..So you can kinda get ideal on room/ space ...
Golfgal, I'm starting to get the impression that your family members need significantly more space than average Americans. No offense intended. It's just you're going on and on about there not being enough space for more than one person in response to pictures of kitchens that can comfortably hold multiple average sized American family members, similar to the children in WildCard's picture.

Old 01-01-2014, 06:03 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by KH02 View Post
I guess I'm having commitment issues. I can't seem to commit to anything I pick. I know what kitchens I like when I see them but have no idea how to put them together on my own. Any tips on doing that?
Your main problem will be committing to a specific look you pick, and a designer can't help you commit.

Post pictures of a kitchen you'd like to replicate, and we'll help you find the colors and finishes.

Old 01-01-2014, 06:09 PM

2,856 posts, read 10,436,100 times
Problem is most of the kitchens I want to replicate have painted cabinets and my husband is not having it. Hmmm...I'll look around and post a pic so perhaps you can help me out. Thanks.

Old 01-01-2014, 07:32 PM

Quote:
Problem is most of the kitchens I want to replicate have painted cabinets and my husband is not having it. Hmmm...I'll look around and post a pic so perhaps you can help me out. Thanks.

I had the hardest time as well, my old was flat ugly and didn't work... I switch my mind so many times not funny, we had a custom cabinet builder, he designed the lay out after asking many Q about what I didn't like about my old kitchen, all came down to it didn't function or flow right, plus it made a small space seem smaller inclosed ...My husband kept saying there no room for an Island, I never use my counter to per-pair food on, where as the cabinet builder said sure there is, he made up a graphic out cardboard set it on the floor, so we could get a visual , yeah we had the space... I was glad I held out for the Island It knew I wanted Cherry wood cabinets but floor, counters , back splash was a nightmare , I can't my mind so many times not funny... It took six months but we are happy,... My advice pick what you love!

Old 01-01-2014, 07:50 PM

11,113 posts, read 19,547,135 times
Quote:

Lowe's or Home Depot have kitchen designers, and run discount offerings. No charge for the design service either.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > House