Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > House
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 09-02-2017, 09:48 AM

6,341 posts, read 14,689,197 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by TrapperL View Post
Yeah, Texans are funny like that. We get most of our water either from lakes but mostly under ground reservoirs. Having the poison migrate to the water is just not something we like here. Yeah, I know, stupid Texans. Imagine having stupid laws like that in effect so we don't poison ourselves or give cause to having some terrible disease like cancer or kidney failure, etc. Yeah, it's real laughable.
I'm not digging on you personally, but you can't seriously pretend that it's a huge deal for someone to protect his house from termites with a poison that doesn't have any known effects on mammals vs. the million+ pounds of air pollution released just since Harvey by the 30? Major petrochemical plants in/around Houston?

Texas shut off their pollution monitoring equipment to "prevent damage" to the equipment- never mind the fact that there are people breathing the stuff that's being released & now there's no way to even know the true amount that's been released.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-02-2017, 10:26 AM

2,441 posts, read 2,526,390 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Crashj007 View Post
Don't know if it will be a problem for you but your paver/lava rock plan will trap water next to the foundation. My daughter in a new home in texas city has had water laying on the ground this week seeping in through weep holes in the brick facing. Be sure that water can drain away well.
Nope. Because I am putting french drain pipe near the foundation as well.

Old 09-02-2017, 03:53 PM

2,221 posts, read 2,097,475 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Zippyman View Post
I'm not digging on you personally, but you can't seriously pretend that it's a huge deal for someone to protect his house from termites with a poison that doesn't have any known effects on mammals vs. the million+ pounds of air pollution released just since Harvey by the 30? Major petrochemical plants in/around Houston?

Texas shut off their pollution monitoring equipment to "prevent damage" to the equipment- never mind the fact that there are people breathing the stuff that's being released & now there's no way to even know the true amount that's been released.
Hah! After all the news coming out from Texas about their state legislators turning a blind eye to all the chemical plants not under scrutiny, I was waiting for someone to blow this back in his/her face. Anyone remember Waco, and the town that used to be there.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > House