Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > House
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 03-09-2018, 08:36 AM

18 posts, read 10,565 times

Advertisements

"According to the above you're looking to put in a vanity in the brown spectrum - that's a clue. You also state "natural stone floor." How natural? Natural gray or natural brown? That's another clue."

This is exactly the point of my question. Stone tile can be either beige or gray and the wood vanity color will be chosen to coordinate with one or the other. I was asking whether or not those who have one of these color schemes likes it or hates it.

I prefer to use color on things that can be changed (decor, paint) and have the permanent pieces more neutral. I don't, however, like white tile in so large a room.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-09-2018, 10:04 AM

2,951 posts, read 2,519,662 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Okey Dokie View Post
FWIW, We’re in the process of building and did both bathrooms in beige. I think it’s a more “classic” neutral. Gray is a “trendy” neutral.
Perfect explanation on grey and beige.

Old 03-09-2018, 01:44 PM

34,939 posts, read 56,958,583 times
I hate trendy color schemes. I cannot stand when you do something and a few years later it is called out of date. I think both gray and beige will go out of style in a few years.

Why not go with something classic like white or marble? I know someone redoing their small master bath and they decided on white subway tile for the walls and a white and black basketweave tile for the floors. Their original 80's bath was gray so that was out. I think the whole gray color palate trend is on its way out thankfully. Too cold IMHO. It is becoming one of those "What were we thinking?" trends. Jay

Old 03-09-2018, 03:44 PM

18 posts, read 10,565 times
If the room was smaller, I'd consider white. But at 17' x 13', I'm afraid white marble will look like a mausoleum (or at least a tomb). And I have an association of white marble with hotel lobbies for some reason. Most lobbies are not white in reality, but in my head they are.

Old 03-09-2018, 05:14 PM

15,637 posts, read 10,393,078 times
I'm going through the same process of choosing colors and fixtures for our new master bedroom. My goal is to marry our master bedroom color theme with our master bathroom along with the color theme with the rest of the house: continuity of style and color. I find it restful to my eye to have a continuous color theme in different tones throughout the house.

beige is a tough color. it can be anything from pink to brown. i'm not a fan of most beige colors, although I love many shades of off white. gray can be anything from blue to brown. greige is my preferred color these days. greige goes with everything between white and black.

Last edited by texan2yankee; 03-09-2018 at 05:25 PM..

Old 03-10-2018, 03:23 PM

7 posts, read 3,055 times
id go with gray if those were my choices.

i went with bright white and a super pale blue in our bathroomm.

Old 03-12-2018, 02:22 AM

12 posts, read 5,952 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by statistician_5 View Post
We are gutting and remodeling our (rather too large) master bathroom to remove the pink color, way too many mirrors, and enormous walk up jetted bathtub.

We're trying to choose between a beige/tan and gray color scheme. I prefer gray but my husband thinks it it to industrial/commercial looking.

Does anyone have any thoughts? Do you have one or the other and love it? Hate it?
I preffer gray, it looks more elegant, but not the dark gray, it makes the bathroom dark and cold, maybe that's why your husband wants beige. You can do gray and add a splash of color to make it cosier.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > House