Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > House
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 01-12-2019, 11:51 PM

8,779 posts, read 9,465,700 times

Advertisements

Ive noticed this, but I have also noticed the people who usual do this are also the ones with barley any walking room in the garage spaces in my area.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-13-2019, 02:11 PM

28,803 posts, read 47,746,519 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by kokonutty View Post
Yeah, it's about people who have garages and don't use them for their cars not about people who take an undue interest in their neighbors' vehicles down to the make and color and repeat same as if it matters. Is there a point in such minutiae?
Take a chill pill. You're too excited about something that is so unimportant to this discussion as to verge on the absurd.

Old 01-13-2019, 02:20 PM

11,025 posts, read 7,860,275 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tek_Freek View Post
Take a chill pill. You're too excited about something that is so unimportant to this discussion as to verge on the absurd.
Please deal with reality, not home schooled psychology.

Old 01-13-2019, 02:36 PM

6,381 posts, read 4,221,654 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tek_Freek View Post
And what? Did you not read the subject line for this thread?
Now the thread is changing to looking in open garages and seeing a mess, without any cars!

Old 01-13-2019, 05:46 PM

28,803 posts, read 47,746,519 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by kokonutty View Post
Please deal with reality, not home schooled psychology.
The reality is you are overreacting to a single, simple post on an open forum. Doesn't matter if the psychology is home schooled or professional.

Your reaction absurd. Get over it. Find someone else to harass over nothing. Seriously, how empty is your life that you do such a thing?

Old 01-13-2019, 09:37 PM

6,738 posts, read 2,917,378 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by saibot View Post
By your logic, my family must not use the water heater, washer, dryer, tools, or bicycles, because they are in the garage and are therefore unnecessary junk.

People who have adequate storage space for all of the above without using the garage need to realize how privileged they are.
How long did you have to think about it before coming up with that ridiculous argument? Having a water heater in the garage isn't storing unused junk, I'm talking about an all too common practice of being unable to step foot inside a garage.

I live in a very nice, middle class neighborhood in a gated community, and I could point out at least a dozen homes who have their garages stuffed to the brim with unnecessary junk.
I have cabinets, work bench, water heater, garage sink, etc, and it is all neat as a pin and will hold three cars with room to walk around. It's all about caring and having a little pride.

Old 01-13-2019, 09:39 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by WouldLoveTo View Post
No they don't. They stay like new forever if you garage them AND never drive them.

I had an always garaged car that still developed rust because it was a daily driver in the northeast. I even had a garage at work for a few years. It probably took longer to rust than comparable cars that were always outside, but it still developed rust.
Sounds like you are a victim of your environment. Sorry about that, where I live rust doesn't exist...
Move to Calif, you'll love it and your car will love you for it...

Old 01-13-2019, 09:44 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ringwise View Post
Are you serious? I store a lot of stuff in my garage that I use all the time, just not every day. I show dogs, and have popup tents, crates, mats, wagons, coolers, etc in my garage that I use about twice a month. When I'm not using them, I'm not going to store them in my house or cart them around in my car. So yes, they go in the garage. And no, they're not junk.

The audacity of folks that have decided because they do something a certain way, that it's the "only" way to do things. That anything in a garage is junk. And that folks that don't part their cars in a garage are trashy scum, and not good neighbors.
My goodness, sounds like I hit a nerve, chill out my man. If you enjoy the clutter, by all means, go for it.
You can store all of the things you mentioned in a NEAT manner, build shelves and cabinets.

A place for everything, and everything in it's place.

Next time I'm in your area I'll stop by and give you some suggestions, we'll clean that place up and you wife will love you again...

Old 01-14-2019, 08:53 AM

6,381 posts, read 4,221,654 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Grumpy ol' Man View Post
My goodness, sounds like I hit a nerve, chill out my man. If you enjoy the clutter, by all means, go for it.
You can store all of the things you mentioned in a NEAT manner, build shelves and cabinets.

Next time I'm in your area I'll stop by and give you some suggestions, we'll clean that place up and you wife will love you again...
People have the right to use their space as they see fit❗️I would never try to convince others to live as I do or to be highly organized and think that’s the way it should be for all. The garage without cars might be highly beneficial for certain people, who am I to judge❓

One of my former boses had papers and folders stacked all over his office, the floor, desk, plan tables, etc. He could call me on the phone and direct me to a certain area, pile and folder. He knew where everything was, to the exact document and could quickly find it.

The take away, his brain worked a certain way, mine works differently so there’s no right, wrong or better way, it’s whatever works for you and what you prefer❗️

Old 01-14-2019, 09:06 AM

17,403 posts, read 11,997,448 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Grumpy ol' Man View Post

Firstly, I'm not a man. But props to you for your sexist assumptions.

Secondly, you mentioned in another post that you live in a gated community. Then proceeded to tell everyone else how they should store things in their own home.

We live in a free country. I can store things in a neat manner, or a messy manner. That's none of your business. You say that I can "go for it and enjoy clutter", then tell me you'll stop by and give me unasked for suggestions for keeping my place cleaned up. How dare you make the assumption that I want your advice on anything.

My garage is neat. I have shelves, cabinets and boxes. I do not store my car in there. Interesting that you assume because I have things stored in my garage in stead of parking my car, that the garage is a mess. You would be wrong in that assumption.

Lastly, I think it's you that needs to chill out, since you are obsessively insisting that everyone live like you do, by having a place for everything and everything in its place. You are the very reason I will never live in a gated community. Nosy Nellies that have nothing better to do than judge their neighbors.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > House