Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > House
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 10-09-2019, 03:22 PM

3,805 posts, read 6,377,122 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mayvenne View Post
First of all the bottom freezer is not a fancy thing. I remember way back ( I am old lol) in the 80's looking for refrigerators and using the bible at that time- Consumer Reports. They said the uncommon (then) freezer on the bottom was actually way more efficient than the usual top freezer. It was so unusual then I don't think I saw any like that and got the more common top freezer back then but it made an impression on me.
The last 2 units we had (the Kenmore by LG) were French Door and I really liked that. We REALLY liked the internal water which took up no space but was not through the door. That seems less and less common. I do think I want a counter depth so I know that is a trade off with space.
There is another retailer that also lists the repairs per units sold and that one had very poor data for Whirlpool which broke my heart. I like the one you just shared!
I looove my bottom freezer. I open the fridge door far more often than the freezer door. It's so nice to not have to open the door and immediately bend over (after a lifetime of doing so) to get something from the fridge. And I'm SHORT! And OLD. My back thanks me everytime!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-09-2019, 06:12 PM

4,985 posts, read 4,001,841 times
"What do you suggest?"

NO Water Line.
my neighbor is an insurance adjuster.
after washing machine water lines.....
Refrigerator water lines are #2 in claims.

Old 10-09-2019, 07:25 PM

6,981 posts, read 5,484,232 times
Hers a list of who whirlpool owns.
Maytag
Affresh Washer Cleaners
Amana
Ariston
Bauknecht
Consul
Estate
Gladiator GarageWorks
Kitchen Aid
Indesit
Inglis
Jenn-Air
Polar
Privileg
Roper
Stinol

Old 10-09-2019, 08:39 PM

16,569 posts, read 15,374,784 times
Too bad Kenmore is no more. We have relegated it to the garage as a second fridge. The thing may survive my children. I have paid less for used cars than what they are asking for some of the newer refrigerators.

Old 10-09-2019, 09:14 PM

216 posts, read 182,672 times
Buy from Costco using their Visa and get 2+2year warranty. I bought LG, its ice-maker broke on first year, was fixed on warranty

Old 10-10-2019, 03:33 AM

325 posts, read 165,375 times
get the extended warranty most of what's produced today is ready for the landfill as soon as it leaves the factory!!!

Old 10-10-2019, 06:00 AM

3,575 posts, read 2,220,964 times
I was thinking of purchasing the extended warranty as I have read as much as possible and it concerns me. I have always loved Jenn Air but they no longer carry the smaller refrigerator that were counter depth. I was considering Kitchen Aid and Bosch. I really liked the looks of the LG but linear compressors seem to not last long. I do want a bottom freezer since we have a garage freezer and use that most of the time . I am looking for a refrigerator on top. I appreciate all the replies.

Old 10-10-2019, 07:27 AM

898 posts, read 603,078 times
First step is to actually MEASURE the space where the refrigerator goes. From the dozens of models available, you might find that only 2 fit your available space. And not just width, height as well. Start there. You might have visions of a stainless french door bottom freezer unit, but end up with a white top freezer model because that's the only one that fits....

Old 10-10-2019, 08:02 AM

220 posts, read 472,024 times
We have a Samsung, about 7 years old, and I hate it. I will NEVER buy another Samsung refrigerator.

It is french door with the ice maker in the freezer and the water dispenser inside. I love this set-up with nothing through the door.

When it was a few years old we started having water pooling under the crisper drawers. To summarize tons of research.... design flaw and they don't cover it. We ended up kind of fixing it, but still happens periodically. Seriously, we have a siphon tube that we sue to drain our fridge regularly. Just ridiculous.

Also, a spring on the door flap-thingy broke. Fine....research, get $3 replacement from Amazon. Happened 2 more times over the years, then plastic in area broke and not fixable. Can't find replacement flapper and not paying hundreds in service for fridge that we need to siphon.

Will replace when I find a deal on new fridge. Will stick with french door & want internal water dispenser, but no way on earth will we even consider a Samsung.

Old 10-10-2019, 10:48 AM

6,981 posts, read 5,484,232 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by HappyRider View Post
Too bad Kenmore is no more. We have relegated it to the garage as a second fridge. The thing may survive my children. I have paid less for used cars than what they are asking for some of the newer refrigerators.
Whirlpool made Kenmore sears didn’t build their own appliances.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > House