Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > House
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 05-31-2021, 04:54 PM

3,376 posts, read 1,971,971 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by cayennev8 View Post
OMG, sick, severe dementia, medical personnel. These people are living in hell trying to take care of the walking dead. You should take them a casserole not complain.
Yes indeed. That would be the neighborly thing to do. It's not the neighbors who are parking where the OP doesn't want them to park, it's the medical personnel who probably don't even give it a second thought. They're there to do a job and leave. The actual neighbors have so much pain going on in their own lives I doubt they are keeping track of where the medical personnel park.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-31-2021, 04:56 PM

3,147 posts, read 1,603,686 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kim in FL View Post
Open the door and say,” hi guys !! Could you please play somewhere else? I just planted seed and you’re trampling my garden. Thank you!” Easy peasy.. this is something agree that you have a right to address. If the kids don’t listen, don’t post about it here, go over and knock on the door. Being a casserole.

You’re not the mean neighbor lady, just the nosey one. It’s ok... your neighbor will soon be gone and the house will be sold to a family with 6 little kids and 3 large labs.
I agree with telling the kids but why should she bring a casserole? She is only asking that they respect her property and in my neighborhood we are the ones who welcome new neighbors.

Old 05-31-2021, 05:19 PM

3,376 posts, read 1,971,971 times
I have a feeling I'll catch a lot of heat for this but here goes:

First, talk with the medical personnel who are actually parking in front of your house. Don't bother the neighbors with this since they're not the ones doing the parking, they most likely did not tell the personnel to purposely park there and they have enough going on in their lives.

Now for the biggie: If your view continues to be blocked by visiting staff and your neighbor continues to have a nicer, unobstructed view out of their window, let them enjoy it. The neighbor is very ill and might not have a long time left to enjoy the view. You can go anywhere and see a view any time you want. This is where true courtesy and kindness comes in.

Old 05-31-2021, 05:38 PM

23,311 posts, read 18,865,187 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Maddie104 View Post
I agree with telling the kids but why should she bring a casserole? She is only asking that they respect her property and in my neighborhood we are the ones who welcome new neighbors.
Do you really need an excuse to do something nice without expecting payback? The casserole is a gesture of good will. Like giving someone the good news before giving them the bad. Considering the ongoing medical situation with these folks it would also be a friendly gesture during a difficult time. Reminding them that they have a human being for a neighbor, not a grouch who does nothing but complain. If you must, consider the casserole, bottle of wine, plate of cookies, bunch of flowers, a bribe. If they accept and enjoy whatever she hands them maybe they'll feel indebted and want to return the gesture by telling the kids to play somewhere else.

Old 05-31-2021, 05:56 PM

10,349 posts, read 13,951,345 times
Streets are public and as such people have the right to park in them. If they are blocking your driveway that's one thing but if not, tough noogies. They're within their legal right.

Old 05-31-2021, 06:13 PM

3,147 posts, read 1,603,686 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kim in FL View Post
Open the door and say,” hi guys !! Could you please play somewhere else? I just planted seed and you’re trampling my garden. Thank you!” Easy peasy.. this is something agree that you have a right to address. If the kids don’t listen, don’t post about it here, go over and knock on the door. Being a casserole.

You’re not the mean neighbor lady, just the nosey one. It’s ok... your neighbor will soon be gone and the house will be sold to a family with 6 little kids and 3 large labs.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Parnassia View Post
Do you really need an excuse to do something nice without expecting payback? The casserole is a gesture of good will. Like giving someone the good news before giving them the bad. Considering the ongoing medical situation with these folks it would also be a friendly gesture during a difficult time. Reminding them that they have a human being for a neighbor, not a grouch who does nothing but complain. If you must, consider the casserole, bottle of wine, plate of cookies, bunch of flowers, a bribe. If they accept and enjoy whatever she hands them maybe they'll feel indebted and want to return the gesture by telling the kids to play somewhere else.
I have lived in a wonderful neighborhood for the past twenty years and I have in fact hosted a party for new neighbors . . . without expecting a payback so I find it odd that this new neighbor who has cars parked in front of her home and kids playing on her lawn should take over a casserole for such a simple reasonable request. Frankly anyone would see that for what it is.

Old 05-31-2021, 06:28 PM

67,650 posts, read 60,959,349 times
Oh goodness. Just ask the medical personnel why they are parking there instead of in front of the patient's house. See what they say before you do anything else.

Oh and tell them to leave you more room to get out of your driveway regardless of where they park.

Last edited by KathrynAragon; 05-31-2021 at 07:07 PM..

Old 05-31-2021, 07:06 PM

20,115 posts, read 9,028,155 times
never seen a bigger collection of weenies and cowards. Why not just ask the work people to give you a few feet of room near your driveway? Afraid to talk to them? Chances are they will. If they don't ask your neighbor if they could ask them to allow a few feet. Pouring concrete?...planting bushes? ...lmao .... oregonwoodsmoke answered this pages ago...

Old 06-01-2021, 04:49 AM

10,746 posts, read 26,030,489 times
Quote:
Because her f-ing neighbor is dying and she’s having a hissy for over a legally parked car.

Like I said, won’t be long before a nice family with 6 loud kids and 3 large labs will move in. Gladys will have a stroke over that!! ROFL!!

Old 06-01-2021, 04:58 AM

10,746 posts, read 26,030,489 times
Quote:
I have lived in a wonderful neighborhood for the past twenty years and I have in fact hosted a party for new neighbors . . . without expecting a payback so I find it odd that this new neighbor who has cars parked in front of her home and kids playing on her lawn should take over a casserole for such a simple reasonable request. Frankly anyone would see that for what it is.

She’s not a ‘new’ neighbor and the neighbor she’s complaining about is about to drop out... hence the medial personnel at the house.

The casserole is a neighborly gesture... “gee, I’m sorry your mom, aunt, sister is on her death bed while I sit home, staring out my window, complaining to strangers about your home health/hospice nurses parking in the street”

As for the kids, yes, open the door and ask them to play elsewhere.

But they won’t knock on the door for either situation so what’s the point in advising it really?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > House