Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > House
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 04-28-2023, 05:00 AM

11,276 posts, read 19,569,713 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by selhars View Post
Really? Just stop it.

Well we call it a yard here. Because it IS a backyard.
Not everyone has a SFH on a 1/2 acre, or 3, or 5, 50, or 100, OK?

I'd love to know how many people or what percentage of people who are so super anti-yard chemicals -- once or twice a summer -- ironically think nothing of personally ingesting every pill or pharmaceutical that comes along, or put makeup chemicals on their skin and face every day....or eat meat which is supposedly bad for the environment, or drive gasoline using cars which is also bad for the environment.

Well it's all a matter of degree. If one uses chemical in one way, they may try to make up for it by avoiding some other chemical, we aren't talking about those other things. Right now we're talking about chemicals to stop the grass from growing in your back yard. It seems a bit extreme

Lots of people use chemicals to make their lawns grow, and to kill weeds and critters in their lawns, all in the name of the perfect lawn. It's not something I will ever understand, but different strokes. I like all the weird stuff that grows in my yard, and don't love mowing, but it comes with owning a house.

I never heard of anyone actually trying to make their grass not grow, in order to not have to cut it.

Perhaps you could hire a goat? Or just pay someone to come each week and mow?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-28-2023, 05:33 AM

10,611 posts, read 12,123,920 times
Did you miss it? I already said why paying someone else is problematic.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > House