Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > House
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 05-16-2023, 02:04 PM

14 posts, read 8,024 times

Advertisements

Okay so the thing is I'm not in that apartment now or even in that country. I'm in the US now so thought about buying one off amazon US to bring it with me there. I never tested the water in my apartment over there but I know for a fact we only get hard water there. So with that information, don't buy one in the US then? The issue is the selection over there is very limited.. you only have 1 or at most 2 options.

The thing is my skin has gotten much worst throughout the years. Now it can be stress and age and something related but the water would also make a lot of sense as well The water here is very dirty as well.

So you say go and test the water out first... then buy a shower head filter there? However, the big issue is selection is extremely limited... only 1 or 2 only. And those are probably not that good ones compared to the ones in the US?

But what about the comments all on all these shower head filters even the aquabliss expensive one... having people say they found paint corroded or chipped off when replacing the filters? Some people say that has to be very dangerous since they been using it that way for months probably till they went and replace the filters? The idea of paint being in your water filter and you using it to clean yourself but water getting in your eyes, isn't that very dangerous? I heard if you get paint in your eyes that is very dangerous. So wouldn't paint in the filter and then having it come through the shower head be dangerous then? They say because all these are plastic and not metal, this will always happen? Or is this not a big concern? Because this is one thing that has me concerned about buying a showerhead water filter.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-16-2023, 02:17 PM

22,568 posts, read 47,624,621 times
If you don't like the reviews, don't buy the product.
You are WAY overthinking this.

Old 05-16-2023, 02:19 PM

23,265 posts, read 18,777,131 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by louischandler View Post
Okay so the thing is I'm not in that apartment now or even in that country. I'm in the US now so thought about buying one off amazon US to bring it with me there. I never tested the water in my apartment over there but I know for a fact we only get hard water there. So with that information, don't buy one in the US then? The issue is the selection over there is very limited.. you only have 1 or at most 2 options.

The thing is my skin has gotten much worst throughout the years. Now it can be stress and age and something related but the water would also make a lot of sense as well The water here is very dirty as well.

So you say go and test the water out first... then buy a shower head filter there? However, the big issue is selection is extremely limited... only 1 or 2 only. And those are probably not that good ones compared to the ones in the US?
Not sure I understand all this. Where is "here"? What country is "that"? Are you saying you want some sort of showerhead filter you can take along with you when you need to travel to some other country? In any case, water is extremely local. The minerals and other contaminants, even chemical treatments vary widely from place to place regardless which country you happen to be in.

If you travel back and forth between two apartments that you use on a continuous basis, you could have the water at each one analyzed for minerals, chlorine, other chemicals and contaminants and then shop online for the most appropriate filter to remove them. Depending on what the contaminant is you may only be able to reduce the concentration, not eliminate it. Then plan to buy the filter wherever you can get it, bring it with you on your next trip, then leave it installed there. International shipping is possible. You aren't limited to buying something in a local store. Just be sure the attachment fitting for the filter will be compatible with the plumbing where you want to use it.

However, if your skin is "getting worse throughout the years" as you move from country to country, the common denominator for the problem is YOU, not the water. Talk to a dermatologist. They may be able to suggest what your skin problem actually is, what contributes to it (underlying metabolic condition, nutritional deficiency, an actual disease process, your diet, and yes, the water you bathe in), and how to manage it. Filtering the water you shower in may or may not be part of the solution.

Last edited by Parnassia; 05-16-2023 at 03:43 PM..

Old 05-16-2023, 02:41 PM

I meant I'm in the US right now so figure i would buy one here through Amazon US and then bring it back with me when I go out of the country. I figure because any showerhead filters bought though Amazon US is going to be much better. The thing is where I am at with my apartment, it is extremely hard to get certain items. I checked online and the selection for showerhead filters is extremely limited... you only have 1 or 2 choices... that's all. You could order the aquabliss one but you would be paying a huge premium... it would cost almost double what you pay here in the US. Many other ones it has to be imported.

The water where I stay at is very hard and is hard through the city. People have told me this. Someone even mentioned years ago... one of the companies tested the water not that far from where I am located... so it's not exactly that area but not far away like in the other side of the highway. They said the water tested to be one of the worst ever in the world. So does that give you a clue of how bad the water is? There are tons of minerals and sendiments in the water and others have said this. Many people in the city mentioned unless you have a home water filtration system... you will have this issue. So I want to at least filter the showerhead because you wash your face and hair there. I don't want a full apartment/house water filtration system mainly because I don't plan to live there full time. I would want to move around to different apartments.

My skin rarely had issues when in the US. The issue was when I went to that country. I am not moving from country to country... I'm in that country or in the US. My skin seems to get better in the US probably because the water here is not hard. Also lot of people who moved to that country mentioned their hair has gotten worst and many even use bottled water to wash their hair etc. It is for sure the water over there. I just want to know, what shower water head filter should I buy here to bring over there. The thing with testing the water, I know 100% it's hard water because unless you have a water filtration system, it's hard water always. I spoke to several people over there about this.

Old 05-16-2023, 03:31 PM

23,265 posts, read 18,777,131 times
I meant I'm in the US right now so figure i would buy one here through Amazon US and then bring it back with me when I go out of the country. I figure because any showerhead filters bought though Amazon US is going to be much better.

What does Amazon have to do with it? Most of the products shown on Amazon are NOT Amazon products. Just because you ordered something on the Amazon website doesn't guarantee it's any better or worse than the same product you buy elsewhere. Amazon simply provides a portal for more manufacturers and vendors. You'd need to contact the vendor listing the specific filter about shipping and delivery. While you might place your order through Amazon, the vendor may offer international delivery options. Yes, you'll pay extra for that convenience.

My skin rarely had issues when in the US. The issue was when I went to that country. My skin seems to get better in the US probably because the water here is not hard.

The entire USA does NOT have "soft" water! This country is not exempt from hard water problems. Far from it. As I mentioned before, water quality is extremely local, even two wells close together can have very different water. There are thousands of water sources across the USA. Just like other countries. The water quality can be worse or better in every area. There are thousands of locations within the USA that have terrible water quality too...hardness included.

What might be making more of the difference is how all those raw water sources are being treated. If the raw water source where your overseas apartment happens to be is really contaminated with coliform bacteria or other hazardous microorganisms it may require a lot more heavy-handed chemical treatment to render it safe to drink or bathe in. It also follows that more heavily disinfected/chlorinated water can be harder on skin.

A very important take home lesson here is that a showerhead filter will not make the water softer.

Last edited by Parnassia; 05-16-2023 at 03:57 PM..

Old 05-16-2023, 04:17 PM

I mean when I'm in the US, there are lot of options to choose with the showerhead water filters when ordering in the US. But when I'm outside the Us, the selection is extremely limited. I'm not using Amazon US when I'm outside the US. There is literally only 1 or 2 showerhead water filter options only if I choose to buy online. The point is either you won't be able to get certain products on amazon... or you can buy you have to pay import taxes for it to ship to the US which is a hassle. Also some items if you buy from the US to ship it, they might not allow you to ship it. That is the other issue. Example when I tried to order an electronic from Amazon US to where I'm located, it wouldn't allow it.

Yes I know the whole US doesn't have soft water. But where I'm located when I"m in the US like right now, I'm pretty sure I have soft water. That was the point I'm trying to make here. So the thing is there is 100% hard water where I'm located outside the US. Others have confirmed this already.

Yes I heard a showerhead filter won't make the water softer. It does however get rid of minerals and chlorine and also heard that if you have skin issues or hair issues, it should help. So that is the reason why I want to get one. Also, I have no intention to get any water softener system or water filtration system because I don't plan to be in that apartment long term. I heard if you get that, you will get soft water but that is only for people in an apartment or house long term etc.

So wanted to know from people here... anyone use any of these showerhead water filters and can give opinion? There is also other one called Aqua Earth that cost $30. So there is many options out there.

Old 05-16-2023, 04:20 PM

Aqua Earth - $30

https://www.amazon.com/Aqua-Earth-Ac...4275405&sr=8-9

So there is aquabliss, aquahome group 15 stage or 20 stage, bwdm which is the cheapest, then there is Aqua Earth. There are of course many more but these are the ones that have like over 5000 reviews.

Old 05-16-2023, 06:09 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pitt Chick View Post
If you don't like the reviews, don't buy the product.
You are WAY overthinking this.

Well I need to get a showerhead water filter. So want to know if anyone here uses one that they can recommend. And if so, I have to assume it has to be one of those 5 I listed since these are the most reviewed on amazon.

Old 05-16-2023, 07:12 PM

91 posts, read 76,212 times
Why not get a filtering system from the source?

Shower is just one part.

Old 05-16-2023, 10:27 PM

You mean the whole house filtration system right? I mentioned I can't do that because I am in an apartment and I do not plan to stay there long term. This would make sense for someone that plans to stay in their apartment or house long term.

I want something where it is portable where I can just connect it to the shower filter and that's all. The shower is the only thing that is important because I would use the water to wash my face and shower and wash my hair.

So anyone have a specific recommendation for a waterhead shower? I was going to order the most expensive one Aquabliss at $36 but then when I read comments about the paint inside the showerhead being corroded has me concerned. Lot of comments say they are terrified because when they went to replace the filter months later, they notice the paint chip which mean during those months, the paint has been on the water so that would mean the water been contaminated by the paint right? That sounds very dangerous since you are using that water on your body, face and your eyes.

Is there a reason why many people don't comment on this? All I hear about are how they are great or bad but unless you type in paint in the comments or look at the critical reviews, you won't read this. Now if there was not this issue, I would get the Aquabliss. But almost all these showerhead water filters are plastic and not metal... so almost all of these have this issue? I got to assume some people don't even notice this and thought okay it seem to work so good review?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > House