Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > House
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 06-29-2023, 04:31 AM

948 posts, read 1,140,753 times

Advertisements

In the market shopping for our new home. Found this property with lots of upgrades that includes quartz countertops. So far we have used only granite and not sure if courtz is a safe bet. Any thoughts?
Anything to watch out for on buying a house that has courtz countertops on kitchens and most bathrooms?

Any advices and tips are greatly appreciated.
Thanks in advance.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-29-2023, 04:44 AM

7,602 posts, read 3,260,039 times
I had Quartz installed in my kitchen in 2012. It is maintenance free. I have Quartz that is a marble look alike and almost everyone that comes in my house compliments "I like your marble countertops."

I have marble in the bathrooms. Those are going to need to be buffed up/out at some point. I have been careful, but, the marble is porous (even though it's sealed).

I have never experienced granite. But, it's too formal and gaudy looking for my taste. I prefer something simpler. Granite is out of favor (in favor of Quartz).

I had white tiled/grouted countertops that were a maintenance nightmare (especially in the kitchen). The Quartz has saved me an innumerable amount of time and frustration dealing with keeping the grout clean, etc.

Old 06-29-2023, 05:00 AM

948 posts, read 1,140,753 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Wile E. Coyote View Post
I had Quartz installed in my kitchen in 2012. It is maintenance free. I have Quartz that is a marble look alike and almost everyone that comes in my house compliments "I like your marble countertops."

I have marble in the bathrooms. Those are going to need to be buffed up/out at some point. I have been careful, but, the marble is porous (even though it's sealed).

I have never experienced granite. But, it's too formal and gaudy looking for my taste. I prefer something simpler. Granite is out of favor (in favor of Quartz).

I had white tiled/grouted countertops that were a maintenance nightmare (especially in the kitchen). The Quartz has saved me an innumerable amount of time and frustration dealing with keeping the grout clean, etc.
Thank you so much for your response Wile. But I heard you have to be careful placing hot substance on quartz like pans, coffee pots and stuff as it’s not that heat tolerant like granite. Was that an issue in your case?

Old 06-29-2023, 05:35 AM

2,445 posts, read 1,068,779 times
We have quartz in kitchen ,laundry room, all bathrooms and on a desk thats built in. I absolutely love it, easy to care for always looks beautiful.

Old 06-29-2023, 05:55 AM

50,379 posts, read 64,021,617 times
Big yay. Quartz is beautiful and indestructible. No problem putting hot things on it, and it doesn’t stain.

Old 06-29-2023, 06:54 AM

3,798 posts, read 2,326,664 times
Just did quartz in my kitchen remodel. The price was right, the color is right and the durability/maintenance requirements are right. Absolutely love the new countertops.

Old 06-29-2023, 06:54 AM

4,542 posts, read 2,687,302 times
Well, you shouldn't be putting excessively hot things on any countertop surface, anyway. That's what trivets are for.

Rather than trying to find the indestructible surface to resist the irresistible abuse, why not just treat your belongings with care?

Old 06-29-2023, 07:16 AM

3,971 posts, read 4,042,534 times
I never put anything hot directly on quartz. I love it though. Just be mindful if you get it.

Old 06-29-2023, 08:22 AM

15,439 posts, read 7,502,350 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by gentlearts View Post
Big yay. Quartz is beautiful and indestructible. No problem putting hot things on it, and it doesn’t stain.
We have quartz and it occasionally will get a grey rub mark from a belt buckle or a pan sliding across the surface. A quick scrub with Barkeepers Friend and the marks are gone. We've had no issues with putting hot pans on the counters.

Old 06-29-2023, 08:26 AM

17,399 posts, read 16,547,378 times
We have granite counter tops which I would get again but I also would not hesitate to get quartz counter tops. Both are durable and look beautiful.

I would not get soapstone, marble or any other softer material.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > House