Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > House
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 08-22-2023, 11:45 AM

983 posts, read 545,175 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by victimofGM View Post
At work a parking garage was built to include HVAC equipment to serve a section of the hospital. As such, it includes a restroom and office for performing chemical water test and monitoring equipment remotely via different control panels and computers. They installed under the sinks an electric tankless water heater. It seems to work well.

Have you ever seen such products included in homes? I can see the benefit of such a product in water and energy savings since the water heater is directly below the sink and provides nearly instant hot water instead of running for several minutes to allow the hot water to get from the tank or central home tankless water heater to the far away sink. Such a set up would limit use of water heater tank or central tankless water heater to large use like laundry or bathing. A sink water heater would not need to be as hot as the water used for bathing nor laundry so it could be set to a lower temperature.
I don't have an undersink version but I have a tankless/on demand water heater. I had my bathroom and laundry room remodeled last year and the plumber replaced the big old water heater with a tankless water heater mounted on the wall. I had an issue with space and this helped to give me more space. It works really well. The other end of the house takes a few minutes to get hot water but that was true with the old water heater.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-22-2023, 01:52 PM

9,144 posts, read 6,196,866 times
I have an undersink Rheem tankless water heater for my pool bathroom. I didn't want to run hot water to the outside bathroom so I had the tankless water heater installed for the sink and shower.

It works fine for the infrequent times we need it.

These work on flow rate rather than traditional storage capacity of large tanks that keep 40-50 gallons of water at 120 or so degrees all the time.

https://www.rheem.com/products/resid.../#buying-guide

Old 08-22-2023, 02:15 PM

23,311 posts, read 18,865,187 times
Yes. My UK relatives have installed them in all their homes. They also tend to use point-of-use water heaters for bathrooms. Many of their previous homes had historical designations that restricted structural modifications. The structures pre-dated hot water plumbing. Point of use heaters required a lot less renovation.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > House