Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > House
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 03-27-2016, 08:48 AM

14,246 posts, read 14,720,946 times

Advertisements

I have a Panasonic cordless answering system with 5 handsets. One thing I wanted to be sure was that the system I bought used standard size batteries. I am not sure of the system number (to lazy to go look) but the handsets are KX-TGA470

I have been very happy with it.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-27-2016, 11:38 AM

17,472 posts, read 66,002,677 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dude111 View Post
I have an AT&T model 4200 Cordless phone,I love it!!!!! (Its one that came out in 1984) -- The range is excellent!!!!!! (46Mhz)

I also just got a 1.7Mhz phone a couple weeks ago as I have always wanted to have one of the FIRST CORDLESS PHONES ever made! (Late 70s) -- Im waiting to have a new rechargable battery installed in the handset........ (1 has been ordered)

Those are said to have THE BEST range of all!!!!!!

Those and the 46Mhz phones ARE THE ONLY GOOD ONES EVER MADE.. The rest are garbage and not as good..... (Range not as good,etc)

I have heard there are 27Mhz phones also but I havent ever seen any of those! (But I havent l00ked either so)

Huh.
My "cordless" phone can go with me anywhere- and I can call halfway around the world whether I'm at home or "halfway around the world".

Most people call them "cell phones".

Old 03-27-2016, 11:47 AM

2,801 posts, read 2,308,287 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dude111 View Post
I have an AT&T model 4200 Cordless phone,I love it!!!!! (Its one that came out in 1984) -- The range is excellent!!!!!! (46Mhz)
A security freak that uses a Cordless phone? You know it is much easier for someone to listen to your calls on that than a Cellphone right?

Old 03-27-2016, 11:49 AM

2,801 posts, read 2,308,287 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by K'ledgeBldr View Post
Huh.
My "cordless" phone can go with me anywhere- and I can call halfway around the world whether I'm at home or "halfway around the world".

Me too, I have not had a wired phone in almost 15 years.

Old 03-27-2016, 11:55 AM

26,143 posts, read 19,825,082 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by K'ledgeBldr

Yes but this is an actual ANALOGUE cordless phone

Old 03-27-2016, 01:23 PM

1,080 posts, read 1,191,325 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bones View Post
Update....
Lost power last night and this morning all lights are lit up. Called Uniden and they say it was a power surge and not covered under warranty..... At the end of the conversation I told them " I will not buy any more Uniden piece of crap" ...she hung up on me.....LOL....
take it back to the place of purchase for a refund or exchange. and this time get the extended warranty if you bought the phone at wal mart they will cover surges if you opt in for the extended warranty!! and buy a surge protector!!

Old 03-27-2016, 02:44 PM

7,982 posts, read 4,283,738 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ground_pounder View Post
take it back to the place of purchase for a refund or exchange. and this time get the extended warranty if you bought the phone at wal mart they will cover surges if you opt in for the extended warranty!! and buy a surge protector!!

After 8 years? lol

Old 03-27-2016, 02:46 PM

957 posts, read 2,020,043 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ground_pounder View Post
Strange things happen when threads are brought back from the dead. The failure happened 2,770 days ago, or more than 7.5 years. Pretty sure Walmart won't refund at this point.

On a note that might be more relevant, I've noticed good cordless phones are getting harder to find. I use a 2 line phone (have a home office) , and can't find much decent if I ever need a replacement.

Old 03-27-2016, 02:56 PM

1,080 posts, read 1,191,325 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cali Doll View Post
After 8 years? lol
well then forget it LOL you got your moneys worth from it

Old 03-27-2016, 07:52 PM

15,205 posts, read 12,067,837 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bones View Post
Barking Spider, I was going to town tomorrow, but had to make a run for some faucet parts today. I stopped by my neighborhood STAPLES store and talked to the manager and explained the whole situation with Uniden and that the phone was only 5 weeks old. He stated that the return policy was 14 days but they stretch it a bit sometimes. He gave me a new phone with no problems...... I took the insurance for 2 years no questions asked return for $8....figure it's worth it.
Gotta love STAPLES......

Since this thread was revived....here's the update....I wasted the $8 on the 2 year insurance, but it was a good waste...LOL

The AT&T set is "still" going strong that Staple's replaced the "Unicrap" with...
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > House