Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas > Houston
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 05-13-2011, 05:32 PM

644 posts, read 1,354,224 times

Advertisements

My price range is $300,000 to $350,000. I have 3 kids ages 14, 11 and 8. So, later this fall they will be in 9th grade, 7th grade and 3rd grade.

Thanks for the response!

Kris
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-13-2011, 07:53 PM

2,628 posts, read 8,836,288 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by vegankris View Post
Kingwood has metro bus service??? Hmmm, could you get by with just one car in Kingwood? My husband has a car for work, but I choose to not own one because I prefer to walk, bike or take the bus. But, where I currently live, it is very convenient. I just heard on another thread about how impossible it would be to live in houston without a car. I have never actually lived in suburbia, so I know it would be a big transition, but I really like the idea of all the bike and walking trails in Kingwood. I want my kids to be able to walk or bike to school since they have always done that even up here in the north with sub zero temps.

I love public trans, so if Kingwood has that option, I think it's great!
If you want a city where you don't need a car, Houston is not for you. Sorry to be blunt but it is what it is. This is a car-dependent city, period. If the no-car/public transporation scenario is real important to you then I don't think you would be happy here.

Old 05-13-2011, 10:22 PM

4,900 posts, read 13,741,755 times
Sent a DM. I think only one car is a workable situation in Kingwood if you live in certain neighborhoods close to town center.

Old 05-13-2011, 10:39 PM

644 posts, read 1,354,224 times
Well...after an exhaustive search via google I do believe that I can live in kingwood without a car. My husband has a car, so if I really need one in the evening or on the weekend, it's available.

I love the fact that I can take a bus from kingwood directly to the whole foods in downtown houston. I know it is kinda long, but it will give me a chance to do some reading uninterrupted. Since I stay home and all three kids will be in school most of the year, it is easy for me to dedicate a day to shopping in houston via bus. The bus is also great to take the kids to downtown houston for fun stuff to do in the summer in case they get bored in the smallish town of kingwood. I've been using public trans since my kids were babies, so they are totally comfortable with everything public trans entails

I got some ideas for some great neighborhoods near the town center part of kingwood that would allow me to bike there for retail needs. All in all, I'm pleasantly surprised. I also have to admit that kingwood looks BEAUTIFUL.

Thanks for the info!

Kris

Old 05-19-2011, 07:28 PM

4 posts, read 8,316 times
Hello Friends,

I am looking to buy a house in Oakhurst ..i need some information about

Devon street Builders.....> Looked but didnt find any reviews about this builder .

Texas First Home Builders ...> Reviews are not that good ...

Any suggestions ??

Thanks
Andy

Old 05-19-2011, 08:46 PM

4,900 posts, read 13,741,755 times
Andy, do you mean Oakhurst Kingwood? I have never heard of either of those builders and I live there, are they in the new section under construction? What is your price range?

Old 05-20-2011, 05:26 PM

4 posts, read 8,316 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by chris_ut View Post
Andy, do you mean Oakhurst Kingwood? I have never heard of either of those builders and I live there, are they in the new section under construction? What is your price range?
Thanks for your reply ....yes i am looking in kingwood , Devon street builders are in new section..these guys took over New Mark Construction sites and property in oakhurst when New mark Homes filed for chapter 11.
my price range is around 200K

Thanks

Old 08-22-2011, 03:18 PM

1 posts, read 2,030 times
Default houston bus

I'm reading this after the fact but I just am curious how you are doing with the Metro commute into town for shopping etc. From my experience there is quite a difference between the park and ride Metro and the general city transit system. I haven't tried it since I've lived in Kingwood. Growing up in the Heights - once was enough for me to learn that I was never getting back on that bus again. Between the urine odor, stained seats and some of the rudest people I've ever encountered I know why people in Houston prefer to have their own car...

Quote:
Originally Posted by vegankris View Post
Well...after an exhaustive search via google I do believe that I can live in kingwood without a car. My husband has a car, so if I really need one in the evening or on the weekend, it's available.

I love the fact that I can take a bus from kingwood directly to the whole foods in downtown houston. I know it is kinda long, but it will give me a chance to do some reading uninterrupted. Since I stay home and all three kids will be in school most of the year, it is easy for me to dedicate a day to shopping in houston via bus. The bus is also great to take the kids to downtown houston for fun stuff to do in the summer in case they get bored in the smallish town of kingwood. I've been using public trans since my kids were babies, so they are totally comfortable with everything public trans entails

I got some ideas for some great neighborhoods near the town center part of kingwood that would allow me to bike there for retail needs. All in all, I'm pleasantly surprised. I also have to admit that kingwood looks BEAUTIFUL.

Thanks for the info!

Kris

Old 08-31-2011, 07:43 AM

1 posts, read 1,993 times
My family and I are relocating from Southern California to the Houston area. I really like the Kingwood area but my husband's job is in the Clear Lake area. Is it an acceptable commute??

Old 08-31-2011, 07:53 AM

3,333 posts, read 9,178,143 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jlove75 View Post
My family and I are relocating from Southern California to the Houston area. I really like the Kingwood area but my husband's job is in the Clear Lake area. Is it an acceptable commute??
Sure. Does he own a helicopter? If not, then you need to google the map and see for yourself.

Ronnie
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2022 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas > Houston