Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas > Houston
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 04-09-2011, 07:19 AM

1,211 posts, read 3,558,741 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by DJboutit View Post
She is a hermaphrodite here album title is born this way with this album title she proved it 110% I can not stand her

dude....you should look into one of the "enhancement" products available online if you're unhappy with your own gear.... You should at least "try" and mask your envy next time!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-09-2011, 07:31 AM

3,160 posts, read 4,368,556 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by DiverTodd62 View Post
You have no idea. She may be the most talented woman in music. Trained in classical, played recitals, sang at clubs, plays four instruments, had her own band at age 15, accepted at age 17 to the prestigious NYU School of Arts, writes all her stuff and then some (first label contract was as a songwriter for others). She didn't win a TV contest or come out of a Disney show or emerge as a one hit wonder, she played hole in the wall bars for years and made it the old-fashioned way. Google Stefani Germanotta.

your interpetation of the truth is, well... interesting...
Lady Gaga - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

Old 04-09-2011, 08:16 AM

6,870 posts, read 14,863,076 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by DJboutit View Post
She is a hermaphrodite here album title is born this way with this album title she proved it 110% I can not stand her

You must like her a little bit. You have all these pics of her stored on your computer.

Old 04-09-2011, 08:24 AM

9,598 posts, read 16,571,410 times
My wife, daughter and sister in law went. They said she put on one of the best performances they have ever seen. Definitely not a place for the socially conservative or thumper types, though.

Old 04-09-2011, 08:34 AM

23,177 posts, read 12,231,255 times
Originally Posted by DiverTodd62
You have no idea. She may be the most talented woman in music. Trained in classical, played recitals, sang at clubs, plays four instruments, had her own band at age 15, accepted at age 17 to the prestigious NYU School of Arts, writes all her stuff and then some (first label contract was as a songwriter for others). She didn't win a TV contest or come out of a Disney show or emerge as a one hit wonder, she played hole in the wall bars for years and made it the old-fashioned way. Google Stefani Germanotta.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bily Lovec View Post
your interpetation of the truth is, well... interesting...
Lady Gaga - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
What's your interpretation? Nit pick with the minute details all you like, bios often get related differently, but show me where the general substance of what I said is wrong. Let's compare some quotes from your own reference to what I said...

"She learned to play piano from the age of four, went on to write her first piano ballad at 13 and began performing at open mike nights by age 14"

"An avid actor in high school musicals, Gaga portrayed lead roles as Adelaide in Guys and Dolls and Philia in A Funny Thing Happened on the Way to the Forum."

"At age 17, Gaga gained early admission to the New York University's Tisch School of the Arts"

"There she studied music and improved her songwriting skills by composing essays and analytical papers focusing on topics such as art, religion, social issues and politics."

"By the second semester of her sophomore year, she withdrew from the school to focus on her musical career.[31] Her father agreed to pay her rent for a year, on the condition that she re-enroll for Tisch if she was unsuccessful. "I left my entire family, got the cheapest apartment I could find, and ate **** until somebody would listen," she said.[24]"

"She also started the Stefani Germanotta Band with some friends from NYU. They recorded an extended play of their ballads at a studio underneath a liquor store in New Jersey, becoming a local fixture at the downtown Lower East Side club scene."

"During her early time at Interscope, she worked as a songwriter for fellow label artists"

"Gaga subsequently struck a music publishing deal with Sony/ATV.[47] As a result, she was hired to write songs for Britney Spears and labelmates New Kids on the Block, Fergie, and the Pussycat Dolls."

The list of musical projects and endeavors preceding Fame is too long and varied to repost here, read all the rest at wiki. When I said "most talented" I wasn't trying to diminish other highly talented performers, that was a reaction to the ridiculous "no talent" comments from those who can't see past the pop image. The point stands, she got where she got the hard way, on her own, by sheer determination and sticking to her music through many difficult years.

Old 04-09-2011, 09:12 AM

6 posts, read 6,972 times
Wow this was ****ing amazing!! She was a little late but that's okay. People were dressed up and everything. This was pretty cool. The crowd went totally INSANE when she came out! The Toyota center was shaking Saw some people collapsing. I lost my voice but that dosen't matter. Everybody was dancing and screaming throughout the entire concert. It's gets crazier every year. Her show was the best show I have ever seen. Just wow. So much effort she puts into it. Amazing. Craziest concert ever!
The haters might not like her but she is definitely the most successful and loved artist and if she continues like this, she will soon be the most successful artist of all time We will be back next year! Not sure if I would do floor again. Her audience is too crazy and I can't compete with a 300 lbs little monster bodyslamming me to get to the front lol.

Old 04-09-2011, 09:19 AM

15,982 posts, read 35,228,339 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by crbcrbrgv View Post
I get the feeling that the average Texan likes Lady Gaga about as much as the average New Yorker likes George Strait.
You're behind times. Gaga is not looked down upon in Texas.

Old 04-09-2011, 10:43 AM

6,870 posts, read 14,863,076 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by GaGaFan View Post
Wow this was ****ing amazing!! She was a little late but that's okay. People were dressed up and everything. This was pretty cool. The crowd went totally INSANE when she came out! The Toyota center was shaking Saw some people collapsing. I lost my voice but that dosen't matter. Everybody was dancing and screaming throughout the entire concert. It's gets crazier every year. Her show was the best show I have ever seen. Just wow. So much effort she puts into it. Amazing. Craziest concert ever!
The haters might not like her but she is definitely the most successful and loved artist and if she continues like this, she will soon be the most successful artist of all time We will be back next year! Not sure if I would do floor again. Her audience is too crazy and I can't compete with a 300 lbs little monster bodyslamming me to get to the front lol.
That sounds like a lot of fun. I'm glad you enjoyed yourself. I really miss going to concerts and your enthusiasm has got me wanting to go to one again.

Old 04-09-2011, 04:03 PM

3,283 posts, read 6,054,392 times
i didnt realize the average age of the CD poster was 87.

she definitely speaks for a lot of adults and most importantly kids who don't have very many other people willing to speak for them. i have only heard her singles played on the radio but i cant remember any of them being dirty or full of curse words. so i dont know what stranglehold she is supposedly putting on society as one poster stated

generally the more outrageous the front person is and the number of people who come to a show dressed up/in costume the more awesome the experience. the first time i saw the Addicts play i still cant get over how awesome it was. or reggie and the full effect even

hell her being mistaken for a transgender person may be the most socially important thing she'll ever do

Old 04-09-2011, 07:28 PM

8,895 posts, read 20,007,186 times
I like a wide range of music so I like both Lady Gaga and George Strait.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas > Houston
View detailed profiles of: