Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas > Houston
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 03-05-2008, 06:34 AM

407 posts, read 1,735,773 times

Advertisements

We also have an ozonator (ozone generator) on our 4 year old pool and it works great. It allows you to use less chlorine than a traditional system. So much less that we have more trouble believing that the chlorine setting is correct but the water tests OK.

We know a lot of people that have recently built pools with salt systems and we considered having our pool converted. We consulted a family friend in the pool business. He said "not so fast!". He believes that the technology is new and it's still to soon to tell how the systems will fair over a long period of time. It was enough to discourage us.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-05-2008, 06:57 AM

151 posts, read 182,069 times
I wonder if u can use no ozone or chlorine,just recycle & filter the pool water,but at a high rate ,imitating a creek flow.

There r crystal clear creeks in nature.

The "secret "of clarity I guess exists in the constant flow of water.

When water is still,all problems occur...

Old 03-05-2008, 07:21 AM

9,273 posts, read 26,486,142 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by arbucle View Post
My mothers pool was built in 1964 and it has never poped out or required anything except pump replacement and resurfaced every 15 years.What moron would ever drain a pool and leave it empty?Why would you ever leave it empty unless you are getting a new surface.My mother covers her pool for six months and it turns green and her son the expert puts shock in it in the spring and its all clean after a few treatments .As long as it is covered and no leaves or dirt get in it no problemo.Pools are great in houston.
Hmm, I've seen to people who aren't from Houston do it. Its not pretty. Up North and on the east coast people drain their pools all time during the winter, they get down here and don't understand we are built on mud. So, I wouldn't call them a "moron."

Old 03-05-2008, 08:07 AM

407 posts, read 1,735,773 times
Quote:
I wonder if u can use no ozone or chlorine,just recycle & filter the pool water,but at a high rate ,imitating a creek flow.
no, even clear creeks have bacteria growing in them. The chlorine and ozone are sanitizers. Beside even if that would work, you wouldn't be able to swim in it because you would introduce a lot of "germs". People are germy and oily... I know this because I have kids!

Old 03-05-2008, 08:24 AM

9,019 posts, read 14,282,260 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by harrygrath View Post

There r crystal clear creeks in nature.

The "secret "of clarity I guess exists in the constant flow of water.

When water is still,all problems occur...
The secret of clarity is continuous new supply of water in creeks. It's all completely new water every second.

Try recirculating your bathwater through your shower without adding new water. You can move that sucker all you want, but it's going to get gross pretty quick.

Old 03-05-2008, 10:41 AM

151 posts, read 182,069 times
Chlorine is bad for skin & has awful odour. Reminds u of hospitals.
Maybe ozone is the way to go...
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas > Houston