Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas > Houston
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 01-16-2012, 08:21 PM

3,440 posts, read 5,719,893 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Trae713 View Post
Jones play completely changed the momentum of the game and put the Texans behind and they could never recover. Yates didn't play well, but it was just his eighth game as a QB. He still made some pretty good throws and escaped pressure nicely. Can't wait to see what he'll look like with an actual offseason with the coaching staff. Schaub might be on the PUP list to start the season, so Yates may start the first six games.

But Jacoby has got to go. A four year veteran in this league should not be making the mistakes that he is making. Basically gifted the Ravens 7 points since the ball was on the one yard line. He has not improved since his rookie year. Texans can draft a WR in the first round (Alshon Jeffrey please) and put Walter as the #3.

Because Gary Kubiak has coddled Jacoby Jones and has too much faith for him, for the little reward Jacoby may even have. It finally bit Kubiak in the ass on Sunday (almost twice).

The defense disagrees with you. That young, nasty defense is going to be a force for the 20-teens. As long as the world doesn't end.
Despite Jacoby's mistake, the Texans were recovering quite well in the second half and had the Ravens on their heels with Foster's incredible running.

In the second half the Ravens didn't know what to do about Foster.

THEN, the last interception killed any hopes of the Texans advancing.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-16-2012, 08:33 PM

9,221 posts, read 15,961,448 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Black Jack22 View Post
Despite Jacoby's mistake, the Texans were recovering quite well in the second half and had the Ravens on their heels with Foster's incredible running.

In the second half the Ravens didn't know what to do about Foster.

THEN, the last interception killed any hopes of the Texans advancing.
Foster's big rushes came in the second quarter, not second half. Jacoby's mistake changed the entire game. Look at it like when Watt got the INT against Dalton. You knew then and there that Cincy wasn't going to win it. What Jacoby did felt the same way. It's asking a lot for a rookie against one of the best defense IN THE LEAGUE. That's asking a lot...

Old 01-16-2012, 08:57 PM

3,440 posts, read 5,719,893 times
Quote:
Foster's big rushes came in the second quarter, not second half. Jacoby's mistake changed the entire game. Look at it like when Watt got the INT against Dalton. You knew then and there that Cincy wasn't going to win it. What Jacoby did felt the same way. It's asking a lot for a rookie against one of the best defense IN THE LEAGUE. That's asking a lot...
Yates was intercepted not too far from the endzone man. The Texans were still using Foster effectively in the second half.

Had they scored on the last drive, the Texans would have won that game.

Had Jacoby not dropped the ball, the Texans would have just won by more.

2 less turnovers by Yates and the Texans would have easily been playing the Patriots.

No doubt Jacoby's mistake hurt the Texans but the Texans were never really out of the game until the last interception.

The Ravens could never do anything with Foster during the first or second half.

They should have sat out Yates and put in Dehlomme.

Old 01-16-2012, 09:30 PM

18,131 posts, read 25,300,410 times
This is the year that I got the most into football.
I really got to enjoy it, but I feel like narrators/commentators/analysts suck really bad.
Seem to be more concerned with being sensationalist than doing a true analysis of the game.

Has any of these sensationalist clowns done a true analysis of Jacoby Jones's mistake and pointed out that maybe the sun blinded him?
But I'm sure they can tell you 1000 useless facts about the game.

Jacoby Jones bone-headed play - YouTube

Old 01-16-2012, 09:46 PM

23,177 posts, read 12,231,255 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Black Jack22 View Post
Yates was intercepted not too far from the endzone man. The Texans were still using Foster effectively in the second half.

Had they scored on the last drive, the Texans would have won that game
The interception was a long bomb and if it had been incomplete we would have still had 40 yards to go. And if we had made the TD that would have only TIED the game not won it. Unless we went all-in for the 2pt conversion which wasn't going to happen. I know we did last game of regular season, but only because that game had no meaning.

Old 01-17-2012, 12:17 AM

433 posts, read 701,737 times
Quote:
Where did I say that? The only thing I've said before is that if Yates continues to play well, then the Texans could look at trading Schaub. Yates didn't continue playing well and hit the rookie wall. He only played eight games after running the scout team after there was no offseason. No one knows what his ceiling is. At worst, he is a capable backup.
Quote:
If Yates continues to perform like he has, then the Texans would be smart to trade Schaub to a team like Washington, for their first round draft pick. Then, draft a stud WR like Justin Blackmon to be the Andre Johnson replacement in the future (because AJ is not getting any younger and the Texans need a playmaking number two WR, because Walter/Jones ain't it). It's time to start looking ahead and past Schaub. Besides, who knows how he'll play with the type of foot injury he had. He was already Bledsoe-like on mobility. Not to mention trading Schaub and not having to deal with his contract and contract extension will help the Texans resign Arian Foster and Mario Williams.
Quote:
And Schaub is really a system QB. There is nothing special that he does. He's all stats, like Drew Bledsoe. He can't get away from pressure, he DOES have a noodle arm (how many times has AJ and other receivers had to stop and wait on Schaub's throws), and he's still good for a pick a game. He is no where near the level of Brady, Rodgers, Brees, or both Mannings. With experience in the system and an actual offseason, I think Yates can do what Schaub has done.
Joe Montana was a system quarterback. I'm sure most would consider what he did as special.

Old 01-17-2012, 12:45 AM

15,982 posts, read 35,228,339 times
I don't even care about the Texans and that game pissed me off.

I'll give J. Jones props though; he put some much effort and fail into losing that game. I think he took up the wrong sport; Track and Field is calling. All running, but no catching.

Old 01-17-2012, 10:16 AM

9,221 posts, read 15,961,448 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by pach84 View Post
Joe Montana was a system quarterback. I'm sure most would consider what he did as special.
I clearly said if Yates continues to perform like he has. Like how you didn't bold thy at part. He hit the rookie wall at the worst time. Schaub wasnt a high draft pick either. Let's see what Yates can do with an offseason. He has already shown good poise at times.

What does Schaub do that Yates can't with experience?

Old 01-17-2012, 10:24 AM

1,806 posts, read 4,313,818 times
3 interceptions against the Ravens c'mon, Andre drops a key 3rd down play pass, miss fg, Jacoby Jones..., bad play calling on 4th and 2 its :22 left. keep giving the ball to Foster.

Old 01-17-2012, 10:36 AM

168 posts, read 470,337 times
I think that the tombstone will read:

Jacoby "Butterfingers" Jones

But lets talk about Arian Foster. Man can that guy run or what! He is like a train plowing through that defensive line, cutting it like a hot knife through butter!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas > Houston
View detailed profiles of: