Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas > Houston
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 03-26-2012, 10:32 AM

35 posts, read 60,288 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shr1ke View Post
Anyone living in Bridgeland now? I would love to hear your feedback on the master planned community!
Hi there I don't know if you're still considering a move to Bridgeland but if you are, I would highly recommend it.

First of all let me say it is extremely close to where I work so I don't have the commute problem that many talk of, if I did I may have a very different outlook.

I moved here with my family from Scotland just over a year ago and when we were looking where to stay, we looked at Tomball area, Fairfield, but ultimately decided on Bridgeland, purely because we knew our kids would not need to change school after a year when we moved out of leased house into our own home.

In making that decision we trully lucked out, the quality of life here is something we never thought we could have. There is a great feeling of open space, plenty of nature trails, parks for the kids, and lakes which can be used for recreations such as canoeing our fishing. We weren't really outdoor people before we moved here, we are now.

During the summer the swimming pool complex opens and feels to us like as good as anything you find in a high end holiday resort. Also the place always looks great, there's a team of gardeners constantly working to ensure the landscaping is in perfect condition.

Another thing we like is the fact it is so new and so far only a fraction developed, we feel like we're kind of in at the start of something exciting and new. We just built a home in a new section and moved in a month ago, when we signed for the house there was only 3 other occupied houses in the street, now there's over a dozen in that short time and they're sold before they're finished, so the builders are struggling to keep up with the demand. All positive stuff in my opinion.

Hope this helps a little and feel free to contact me if you need to pick my brains further.

Cheers,
Craig.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-26-2012, 02:38 PM

293 posts, read 756,523 times
Here is an article about the projected growth in the Cy-Fair - Bridgleland area. The Grand Parkway should be a HUGE boost to Bridgeland.

Grand Parkway to boost new development in Cy-Fair - Community Impact Newspaper

Old 03-27-2012, 07:06 AM

73 posts, read 158,938 times
Thanks. That is an interesting article! Good information!

Old 03-27-2012, 02:22 PM

1,461 posts, read 5,597,258 times
This will alleviate a substantial amount of traffic on HWY 290. This master planned development has seen substantial growth ever since The Howard Hughes Corporation took over. The best thing about this community is its amenities, but above all the expansion of Grand Parkway in the area. What size product are you looking into? My buyers purchased in the 80'' product with Partners in building and my other client with Highland Homes in the 65'' product both builders are great. The Craftsman, English Tudor, Classical and French style development towards the front of the community off of FRY Rd isn't to great in my opinion, but it seems to be doing okay.

Old 03-27-2012, 03:43 PM

1,110 posts, read 2,585,470 times
Towne Lake is around there, another huge attention *****.
i've drien thru bridge land, it was pretty nice. havent been since 09

Old 03-28-2012, 07:35 AM

Towne Lake has done some major work on each of their entrances to the community and now have Tukerton Rd running through through the development.

Old 03-28-2012, 07:54 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Beto View Post
Towne Lake has done some major work on each of their entrances to the community and now have Tukerton Rd running through through the development.
Yeah, I we have seen the work that they are doing. Cypress Creek Lakes has also been doing a lot of digging. I guess that they are starting up the new Rec Center.

Old 03-28-2012, 09:35 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shr1ke View Post
Yeah, I we have seen the work that they are doing. Cypress Creek Lakes has also been doing a lot of digging. I guess that they are starting up the new Rec Center.
They are and just recently bricked the lake area on Fry road with their logo. Some buyers chosse Cypress Creek lakes for its value in price per sq ft vs Bridgeland or Towne Lake. My client purchased an inventory home last month with Perry Homes and was able to move in with 2 1/2 weeks.

Old 03-28-2012, 06:16 PM

12,735 posts, read 21,777,154 times
Developer yields to neighborhood opposition | Prime Property | a Chron.com blog

Old 03-28-2012, 07:50 PM

Fantastic news!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas > Houston