Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas > Houston
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 03-09-2012, 06:33 AM

112 posts, read 432,692 times

Advertisements

There is a huge amount of land and construction going on in the area for awhile now. It seems like they are putting up more commercial zones, I was hoping they left that land empty. Now, it's just going to be increased traffic, noise. I wish they would leave more breathing room and not just build, build on every chunk of land. This really disappoints me. I like my residential areas to remain that way. Throwing a big commercial zone in the middle of a nice, peaceful residential area just takes away all that.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-09-2012, 06:44 AM

833 posts, read 1,886,945 times
Do you ever not complain about something on here? All you do is whine, whine whine. If you do not like it here than move to another state or another country already.

Old 03-09-2012, 06:47 AM

112 posts, read 432,692 times
I do like it here, but when unexpected development arises, people do get upset. It's normal and I'm just trying to find out what is going to be built there.

Old 03-09-2012, 06:51 AM

7,891 posts, read 11,413,575 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by parisby View Post
I do like it here, but when unexpected development arises, people do get upset. It's normal and I'm just trying to find out what is going to be built there.
Development in Houston should not be unexpected. Keeps going with no zoning and super strong economy. No zoning means great restaurants have to be good and stay good or someone will move in next door and beat them at their game. This area was so hot in the early 80s then the crash came and it sat doormant for decades. I am surprised it took this long not at their is development here.

Old 03-09-2012, 07:29 AM
cla

898 posts, read 3,308,520 times
Do a search - this has already been discussed on another thread.

Old 03-09-2012, 08:04 AM

660 posts, read 1,616,978 times
Quote:
There is a huge amount of land and construction going on in the area for awhile now. It seems like they are putting up more commercial zones, I was hoping they left that land empty. Now, it's just going to be increased traffic, noise. I wish they would leave more breathing room and not just build, build on every chunk of land. This really disappoints me. I like my residential areas to remain that way. Throwing a big commercial zone in the middle of a nice, peaceful residential area just takes away all that.

just more houses.. i heard they cost $400,000 and up..

they are building kroger at spring green at westpark tollway..

Old 03-09-2012, 08:40 AM

504 posts, read 1,150,623 times
Quote:
I don't see how it can be a surprise. For the last 1-2 years there have been signs on these properties that they are being proposed to be used as commercial properties.

It's not a surprise at all and should actually be expected as there is little commercial activity that far west on CR Blvd. The community needs it.

Old 03-15-2012, 10:02 PM

5,976 posts, read 15,273,721 times
Default "Luxurious multifamily development"

Yeah, I recall that in the 80's in the Westchase district... now ghetto.

Luxury multifamily development announced for Cinco Ranch | Ultimate Katy

This is not a new idea; for those old enough to rememer, there was new idea about "beautiful Southwest Houston" in the 80s as well called the Colonial House, and it too had it's own ammenities, not a Starbucks of course, but video store, sundry store. The area is now known as the Gulfton Ghetto:

Colonial House - YouTube

Old 03-16-2012, 12:07 PM

6,202 posts, read 11,454,719 times
The Cinco Ranch Mall. Katy-Gaston will be turned into a very long on/off ramp for the Westpark Tollway (with a non-access overpass over S. Fry Rd) that leads directly to the main entrance at the Cinco Ranch Blvd traffic signal-controlled intersection.

Old 03-16-2012, 12:36 PM

3,333 posts, read 9,175,701 times
Aldi.

Ronnie
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas > Houston