Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas > Houston
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 04-16-2012, 09:21 AM

150 posts, read 306,149 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by LizzySWW View Post
She did tell her version of the story to the police at the time of the accident. The police let her go because her story was credible. The boys tell a story that may have happened, but is pretty hard to believe.

And yes, as a Mother, I do find it hard to believe that another Mom would run over children with her car on purpose.

Why would an innocent woman (she claims to be) go public when websites are instantly created to paint her as monster who gets a thrill out of running over black children? After reading some of the sick comments on those sites, it's probably safe to assume she's scared to death of going public.

My guess is that there weren't witnesses. It's hard to believe people could see a crime so violent on children and not share it with police at the scene.

It's possible, but what makes more sense? A Mom trying to help kids in a dangerous situation or 13 year olds (who know they're going to be in trouble with police for illegally riding go carts in the streets) fabricating a story to take the heat of their wrong doings.

Maybe I just can't wrap my head around this Silverlake Mother plotting to potentially kill neighborhood kids.

What do you see more often:
1) kids lying to avoid trouble
2) irresponsible female drivers about hurt kids with their vehicle
First of all, how did race become apart of this conversation? Are the comments on this board coming from people, who are defensive because you believe these African American boys are lying on this white lady? If this were a Black woman involved in this incident, I wonder if your opinion would be the same. Let me guess you would feel the same no matter what race the person is. BULL! Would you be so quick to choose sides based on what you read in the media without knowing all the facts? It seems people are so thick here (Can't get through) you cannot comprehend the point I am trying to make.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-16-2012, 09:23 AM

150 posts, read 306,149 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Pemberly283 View Post
And thank tha lord above! The mom was able to much later, call ambulance, snap pictures of child in neck brace and talk about post traumatic stress syndrome! Cozy! It's a insurance stunt and money grab, the mom is exploiting those children and should be ashamed.

Pemberly, if these were children, I am sure you would not being saying this. No matter what happened, this is a pretty insensitive comment. You should be ashamed.

Old 04-17-2012, 06:53 PM

17,183 posts, read 22,929,208 times
It is fascinating to me that when I google about this story, the boards frequented by black people have an entirely different view than boards frequented mainly by white people.

It seems like blacks do see the possibility of racism rearing its ugly head in such incidents particularly since the woman *may* have believed that the boys did not live in the subdivision which is a relatively upper class subdivision with expensive homes. OTOH, most white people cannot believe that there might have been some racism involved or that the woman was in the wrong.

I don't know which is the case for this incident, but I suggest that either is possible and that we need to wait and see what the outcome is.

Old 04-17-2012, 08:51 PM

8,895 posts, read 20,007,186 times
Unless someone is mentally off, I can't see any woman (black, white, asian or hispanic) intentionally running into children with a car -- that is why I have a tendency to believe the woman (regardless of anyone's race). Quite frankly, I get sick of seeing race brought up in every incident in every news story that involves people of more than one race. Sometimes events are racially motivated and sometimes race has nothing to do with it other than the people involved are of different races. This case, I seriously doubt we will ever hear the actual story.

Old 05-18-2012, 08:50 PM

1,668 posts, read 4,708,717 times
Default Jeep Mom - Not guilty

She's innocent.

Some people acted like they wanted this Mother locked away for life.

The truth is this Mom was helping a local boy, but he accidentally hit her car when pulling his go kart off of the street, and to avoid trouble with police...he lied & said she hit him & said "you don't belong here".

Mrs. Johnson deserves more than an apology.

PEARLAND, Texas – A woman will not face charges after crashing her Jeep into a boy on a go-cart.
A grand jury on Friday decided not to indict Deanna Johnson in the incident.
The boy’s family claimed Johnson, who is white, intentionally hit their son, who is black.
They claim she told the boy that he didn’t belong in the neighborhood.
The 13-year-old victim lives just two blocks away from the site of the accident. (Houston Chronicle 5/4/12)

Last edited by LizzySWW; 05-18-2012 at 09:07 PM..

Old 05-19-2012, 12:11 PM

17,183 posts, read 22,929,208 times
Unfortunately, the parents of the boys still believe them (I think teenagers certainly lie to try to get out of trouble, but the parents think they were truthful). Deanna Johnson still has two civil suits pending against her.

I am relieved that the racial overtones seem not to have been born out. I am also interested that Mrs. Johnson says that the boys were walking around and showing no signs of injury in the two hours preceding the Moors calling the ambulance. It's not bad to get the boys checked out, but certainly if you saw them walking around with no sign of injury, you would not be very concerned. I am assuming the Brazoria county police would have been witnesses to that fact. The Brazoria County police are in general very thorough.

Link to the entire article

No charges in go-cart incident - Your Houston News: News

Old 05-19-2012, 02:10 PM

2,945 posts, read 4,993,376 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by nana053 View Post
It is fascinating to me that when I google about this story, the boards frequented by black people have an entirely different view than boards frequented mainly by white people.

It seems like blacks do see the possibility of racism rearing its ugly head in such incidents particularly since the woman *may* have believed that the boys did not live in the subdivision which is a relatively upper class subdivision with expensive homes. OTOH, most white people cannot believe that there might have been some racism involved or that the woman was in the wrong.

I don't know which is the case for this incident, but I suggest that either is possible and that we need to wait and see what the outcome is.
It's the "but the president is black so racism can't EVER exist anymore" mentality.

I try to avoid any hmmm maybe racism thoughts because it can be just now. But REALLY, when it's a situation between a white person and a black male - ages 10 to adult hood there's always a slight wonder of racism from black people.

There's still a slight sense that a young black guy is up to no good unless he looks and dresses like Carlton from Fresh Prince. Even slightly up to no good. The media and rappers/rap lifestyles don't help it any.

It's just kinda true. A young white guy can be walking/exercising/jogging at 11am pitch black in $300k home neighborhood and there's not even a thought that he might be doing something untoward. Black? Hmm. There's a miniscule sense unless he's dressed just right to look like he has the money to be living there.

I know many people who classify simply by vehicles for black guys. If he's driving any sort of old lady car - Lincoln, Cadillac, Chysler 300s etc you know those big HUGE batmobiles and what's on the tires is even a little bit shiny - he's probably a thug or wannabe thug, smart drug dealer or just into some kind of buying and selling. The same with any kind of Dodge. Especially the Magnums and Chargers.

Again, society, the media, the ones who prove this right and rappers and such don't help this any.

Old 10-14-2022, 04:57 PM

5 posts, read 842 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by LizzySWW View Post
She's innocent.

Some people acted like they wanted this Mother locked away for life.

The truth is this Mom was helping a local boy, but he accidentally hit her car when pulling his go kart off of the street, and to avoid trouble with police...he lied & said she hit him & said "you don't belong here".

Mrs. Johnson deserves more than an apology.

PEARLAND, Texas – A woman will not face charges after crashing her Jeep into a boy on a go-cart.
A grand jury on Friday decided not to indict Deanna Johnson in the incident.
The boy’s family claimed Johnson, who is white, intentionally hit their son, who is black.
They claim she told the boy that he didn’t belong in the neighborhood.
The 13-year-old victim lives just two blocks away from the site of the accident. (Houston Chronicle 5/4/12)
She deserves prison and should have to pay those children damages, I personally know her and this is who she is. She is a mean person and a miserable soul.

Old 10-14-2022, 05:00 PM

5 posts, read 842 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by nana053 View Post
Unfortunately, the parents of the boys still believe them (I think teenagers certainly lie to try to get out of trouble, but the parents think they were truthful). Deanna Johnson still has two civil suits pending against her.

I am relieved that the racial overtones seem not to have been born out. I am also interested that Mrs. Johnson says that the boys were walking around and showing no signs of injury in the two hours preceding the Moors calling the ambulance. It's not bad to get the boys checked out, but certainly if you saw them walking around with no sign of injury, you would not be very concerned. I am assuming the Brazoria county police would have been witnesses to that fact. The Brazoria County police are in general very thorough.

Link to the entire article

[url=http://www.yourhoustonnews.com/pearland/news/no-charges-in-go-cart-incident/article_edc5815c-879c-567b-96e8-b357fb64e3c3.html]No charges in go-cart incident - Your Houston News: News[/url]
Fortunately the parents believe their children, if you read the comments by Deanna then there would be no room to believe she was telling the truth. She's an entitled bigot that treats everyone this way.

Old 10-14-2022, 05:02 PM

5 posts, read 842 times
She wasn't helping the the boys she is guilty as hell and everyone knows it. You can lie and try to act like you are her defender but it looks like you are Deanna with a false profile. BIGOT!!!!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas > Houston