Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas > Houston
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 05-22-2012, 09:05 PM

8 posts, read 159,975 times

Advertisements

Can you guys give me some advice on the Westpark tollway? I didn't know that it was electronic tolls only. I came to my friend house out in fm 1093. I look up on google map and it said I have to go through a tollway. I brought some money to pay the toll. I also have an EZTag on my car, but I don't know if it still has some money left, so that is why I brought some extra cash with me to pay for the toll. I was planning to go on alief clonidine which follows westpark tollway. However, I took a wrong exit from westheimer to beltway 8. This was my first time going over there so I didn't know the directions. I'm so worried now that I will get a ticket or something. Is there like 2 free passes? I didn't know it was only electronic toll.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-22-2012, 10:20 PM

1,534 posts, read 3,493,463 times
You should be ok. EZ tag will pick up the tab and if your account is empty, I think they'll just send you a notification and if you pay it, you will be fine. If you set up auto debit on your ez tag, it will just withdraw money from that account once it gets low.
I would call EZ tag office and explain what happened, ask them to look up your account and they'll tell you what you owe.

Old 05-23-2012, 06:32 AM

391 posts, read 922,670 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by yesterdayoncemore View Post
Can you guys give me some advice on the Westpark tollway? I didn't know that it was electronic tolls only. I came to my friend house out in fm 1093. I look up on google map and it said I have to go through a tollway. I brought some money to pay the toll. I also have an EZTag on my car, but I don't know if it still has some money left, so that is why I brought some extra cash with me to pay for the toll. I was planning to go on alief clonidine which follows westpark tollway. However, I took a wrong exit from westheimer to beltway 8. This was my first time going over there so I didn't know the directions. I'm so worried now that I will get a ticket or something. Is there like 2 free passes? I didn't know it was only electronic toll.
Westpark Tollway and Fort Bend Tollway are both all-electronic toll roads, no manned toll gantries. Hopefully HCTRA will start converting all toll roads in Houston to this so there is no confusion to drivers.

Old 05-23-2012, 06:54 AM

833 posts, read 1,885,106 times
Call the toll company right away and let them know what happened. They will get it straighten out for you. Waiting until you get a notice they are less likely to work with you.

Old 05-23-2012, 07:22 AM

96 posts, read 234,323 times
access your account online through www.hctra.org and it will show you all your charges and the toll booths you went through. Put a credit/debit card on the account and it will automatically deduct $40 when your account gets low. Never have to worry about low funds again.

Old 05-23-2012, 08:28 AM

8 posts, read 159,975 times
I don't want them to automatically deduct because my mom put in more than $100 for her, my brother, and I. We barely use it. They took away from the balance because we haven't use it for over 2 years. My mom tried calling in about it before. They told her that if you don't use it for awhile that's why. I only use the tollway about once every 2 years. I never been on the westpark tollway.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas > Houston
View detailed profiles of: