Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas > Houston
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 07-26-2012, 02:44 PM

9,053 posts, read 17,210,253 times

Advertisements

For those that want to boycott but love the sandwiches - McDonald's Southern Style Chicken sandwich is very close. I like it better because they don't hang onto the cooking oil as long as CF.

A lot of people do vote with their wallet. I have not been to a KFC in almost ten years - when those videos came out about the mistreatment of the animals. In fact, I am slowly, and sadly, turning vegan as time goes on - and more comes out about our meat. I really, really, really like meat - but it's becoming more difficult to eat it in good conscience.

Old 07-26-2012, 02:50 PM

418 posts, read 742,808 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by SouthernBoy205 View Post
What happens on Aug 1?
On Mike Huckabee's show, he encouraged showing support for the company by visiting a Chick-Fil-A store on August 1. I plan to.

Old 07-26-2012, 02:55 PM

12,735 posts, read 21,799,850 times
Awesome!

Old 07-26-2012, 02:57 PM

4,439 posts, read 5,355,605 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lost_In_Translation View Post
I'll inform the cow.

Old 07-26-2012, 02:57 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by cheryjohns View Post
For those that want to boycott but love the sandwiches - McDonald's Southern Style Chicken sandwich is very close. I like it better because they don't hang onto the cooking oil as long as CF.

A lot of people do vote with their wallet. I have not been to a KFC in almost ten years - when those videos came out about the mistreatment of the animals. In fact, I am slowly, and sadly, turning vegan as time goes on - and more comes out about our meat. I really, really, really like meat - but it's becoming more difficult to eat it in good conscience.
I love their chicken nuggetts and cookies n' cream milkshake

Old 07-26-2012, 03:04 PM

17,183 posts, read 22,940,749 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dopo View Post
Just wondering,
Is Chick-fil-A a tax exempt organization just like Pat Robertson's TV network?
No, of course not, it's a privately held corporation.

Old 07-26-2012, 03:05 PM

2,277 posts, read 3,963,728 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Glossa View Post
On Mike Huckabee's show, he encouraged showing support for the company by visiting a Chick-Fil-A store on August 1. I plan to.
Mike huckabee, the big government conservative. He's never met a social program he didn't like or an atheist he did.

Old 07-26-2012, 03:07 PM

17,183 posts, read 22,940,749 times
Btw, in Chicago, the particular one they don't want would need a zoning variance. The religious views are secondary. The problem is congestion. They already have a restaurant in down town Chicago, but it does not have a drive thru like they want with this one. The area they want it in is too congested and that is why the zoning was denied. The alderman is trying to enhance his political rep in a hip liberal part of town with his statements, but the zoning board cannot deny a variance based on religion and he probably knows that.

Old 07-26-2012, 03:09 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by nana053 View Post
btw, in chicago, the particular one they don't want would need a zoning variance. The religious views are secondary. The problem is congestion. They already have a restaurant in down town chicago, but it does not have a drive thru like they want with this one. The area they want it in is too congested and that is why the zoning was denied. The alderman is trying to enhance his political rep in a hip liberal part of town with his statements, but the zoning board cannot deny a variance based on religion and he probably knows that.
smh

Old 07-26-2012, 03:52 PM

8,030 posts, read 9,060,168 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by EasilyAmused View Post
You do support companies that dont believe in gay marriage. You built the roads with your tax dollars to get the supplies to the store. I mean they guy couldnt have built Chick-fil-a without you.
According to BO, yep.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Topaz View Post
In 50 years, the people defending Chick-Fil-A will look just like the people who defended segregation. On the wrong side of history.
That's what some would like to think, but it's not right.

Until you can show me that homosexuality is a predetermined, 100% obvious at birth trait like race or gender, it cannot be compared to racial discrimination or sexism. Not even close. In fact, I think to do so is insulting to African Americans and Blacks, and yes, many will (and have) said that. And until you show me that homosexuality is a religion, this is not comparable to something like anti-semitism either.

Quote:
Originally Posted by testmo View Post
I guess I just can't put my mind around it, but I have a hard time understanding how people equate the push for gay rights as the "PC movement." Were the rights for black people and native Americans a PC push? Or if this different because it is a religious argument?

How is pushing for more freedom and equality killing America? I'd say the hate, the caustic tone our elected politicians have for each other and their own people is what is killing us. But that is a whole other argument
Again, homosexuality is not comparable to race, not even close.

If marriage is really a "right", and gay marriage is legalized nationally, more rights, fundamental ones in this country, will be taken away. Traditional Christians, Muslims, anyone who does not agree with gay marriage because of their belief system, their business will be forced to serve gay weddings or face litigation or other prosecution. They will also lose freedom of speech on this topic, for the same reason. There goes freedom of speech and freedom of religion for large segments of our population, just because they didn't agree with the culture du jour.

This is already pretty much happening with the Chick-fil-A situation.... they didn't refuse to serve a gay person or fire a gay person, they donated to a Christian organization and used freedom of speech.... now these kings, er, mayors, want to quash them.

Quote:
Originally Posted by rynetwo View Post
The issue is whether Houston will or will not ban any new CFA's form opening.
Quote:
Originally Posted by EasilyAmused View Post
If it does ban CFA, then Houston is no longer pro-business but pro-agenda.
Houston's mayor is gay, but I have the impression she's got a level head on her shoulders and is not ruled by emotions and ridiculousness like some of these other mayors apparently are. I hope I'm right.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2022 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas > Houston