Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas > Houston
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 12-03-2012, 06:40 AM

504 posts, read 1,150,786 times

Advertisements

Should be possible. Don't know about the before and after school programs but that size house for 350k within 40 minutes is definitely doable.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-03-2012, 07:28 AM

126 posts, read 240,604 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by azinwood View Post
Don't believe this is true. I live in Cinco and don't feel this at all.
The south side of the Westpark Tollway near Mason/Peek/Fry. The Cinco sections on the East side of Grand Parkway, the older homes in Katy off Mason and Fry.

I am just making an observation, not a judgement. The area near Highway 6 and the Westpark is very populated by Middle Eastern and Nigerian people. This is only about a 5 minute drive from Cinco down the tollway.

My job involves going to every part of Houston inspecting homes, so I have a pretty good feel for neighborhoods.

The best feel for the ethnicity of a neighborhood is to get caught in school traffic and see parents picking up their kids from school.

Go by the schools in Cinco or nearby and observe the demographics. Once again, not judging, just informing of my observations.

The further west you go in Cinco, the better.

Old 12-03-2012, 01:49 PM

2,086 posts, read 4,133,562 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gee_Chicago View Post
I forgot to give the full list of details were looking for
4 bedrooms, 2 bathrooms, back garden, excellent schools for our 3 Children aged Six, Five, and Three, and the school defiantly needs to have Before and After school programs, and the price will need to be under 350K.
Is that going to be possible within a 40 minute drive of the Energy Corridor?
In which case I'd be looking in Green Trails. It's close to the I-10 which means you're that much closer to everything else. Great schools, nice neighborhood.

Old 12-03-2012, 01:52 PM

504 posts, read 1,150,786 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ryan in texas View Post
The south side of the Westpark Tollway near Mason/Peek/Fry. The Cinco sections on the East side of Grand Parkway, the older homes in Katy off Mason and Fry.

I am just making an observation, not a judgement. The area near Highway 6 and the Westpark is very populated by Middle Eastern and Nigerian people. This is only about a 5 minute drive from Cinco down the tollway.

My job involves going to every part of Houston inspecting homes, so I have a pretty good feel for neighborhoods.

The best feel for the ethnicity of a neighborhood is to get caught in school traffic and see parents picking up their kids from school.

Go by the schools in Cinco or nearby and observe the demographics. Once again, not judging, just informing of my observations.

The further west you go in Cinco, the better.
This may be true (I don't spend anytime in those neighborhoods) but you've listed only one Cinco Ranch neighborhood. You original note said Cinco Ranch and not Katy.

Old 12-07-2012, 09:15 AM

241 posts, read 585,851 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gee_Chicago View Post
I forgot to give the full list of details were looking for
4 bedrooms, 2 bathrooms, back garden, excellent schools for our 3 Children aged Six, Five, and Three, and the school defiantly needs to have Before and After school programs, and the price will need to be under 350K.
Is that going to be possible within a 40 minute drive of the Energy Corridor?
I think that my area would be perfect for you. I am near the corner of Mason and Westheimer in Shadow Bend. We are zoned to an excellent elementary school and it is a quiet, family-oriented neighborhood and most of my neighbors work in the Energy Corridor. I have been told that it is about a 20-25 minute drive. $350K will be the low end of housing but you may find something. Lamplight Village which is the neighboring development, still zoned to the same school, would also be a match and most of the housing would be below $350K. All of this is in Cinco Ranch.

Old 12-07-2012, 01:43 PM

61 posts, read 122,317 times
We live in green trails and love it. For $350 you should easily be able to find what you are looking for. My husband works in the Energy Corridor and never has longer than a 20 minute commute. One thing that hasn't been mentioned, is that the housing market in Houston is really strong right now. We were in a multiple offer situation a couple of months ago when we bought. The areas further east zoned to spring branch isd are even worse. I'm not trying to make you nervous, just give a heads up. Best of luck!

Old 12-08-2012, 11:57 AM

4 posts, read 10,227 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ryan in texas View Post

Yeah that's Mission Bend. And a 5 minute drive down West Park also takes you to Alief. Those communities aren't Cinco Ranch.

Old 12-09-2012, 06:10 PM

126 posts, read 240,604 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jameskhano View Post
Yeah that's Mission Bend. And a 5 minute drive down West Park also takes you to Alief. Those communities aren't Cinco Ranch.
I know that. My point being is that Cinco is sort of surrounded by a different element. Mission Bend is one of the worst places and it basically borders with Cinco.

Old 12-10-2012, 10:32 PM

1,066 posts, read 2,365,991 times
Cardiff Ranch is pretty diverse, from my observations of living here for over a year.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas > Houston