Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas > Houston
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 06-18-2013, 11:04 PM

4,385 posts, read 4,629,417 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Veyron View Post
thats another point. i heard houston was racist. i know uniontown and pittsburgh for the most part racist. i do not want to move from one racist area to another racist area.
Racist live everywhere but trust me Houston is very diverse so you won't feel uncomfortable in your surroundings. You see ppl of different ethnicities everyday. So it's hard for most ppl to be public racist in Houston. You take a small town like Vidor,TX or some small towns in Mississippi and Louisiana and their comfortable public racist there.

Old 07-06-2013, 07:50 PM

2,631 posts, read 7,019,727 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Redlionjr View Post
Racist live everywhere but trust me Houston is very diverse so you won't feel uncomfortable in your surroundings. You see ppl of different ethnicities everyday. So it's hard for most ppl to be public racist in Houston. You take a small town like Vidor,TX or some small towns in Mississippi and Louisiana and their comfortable public racist there.
its 2013 i still cant believe racist and bigots still exist . its a shame that the racist prehistoric way of thinking still continues.

im surprised those people still dont believe in the salem witch trials.

Old 07-06-2013, 07:54 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by nervouslaughter View Post
If you're worried about a town being racist, then stay where you are. otherwise, move to whereever you want, and deal with whatever you're surrounded with. why succumb to an environment when you can be the person that says F U and your racist town. i'll live however i please.
because life is too short to deal with or live around bitter people. if its a small percentage of people who are racist i can deal with it but if its a majority. im gone.

Old 07-07-2013, 09:55 AM

785 posts, read 1,235,411 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Veyron View Post
because life is too short to deal with or live around bitter people. if its a small percentage of people who are racist i can deal with it but if its a majority. im gone.
There is no ethnic group that that has a clear 50% majority in this town as far as demographics. As a minority myself, I would say racism here would probably be the least of your worries as they'll have minimal effect on your life. There aren't enough of them to make a difference.

Old 07-07-2013, 03:02 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by crono_clone View Post
There is no ethnic group that that has a clear 50% majority in this town as far as demographics. As a minority myself, I would say racism here would probably be the least of your worries as they'll have minimal effect on your life. There aren't enough of them to make a difference.
which is exactly what i want. i want variety. i have no problems with any race white black hispanic or asia. i dont want to live in chicago d.c. or atlanta. it would get too boring and i know not all white people are racist. i have way too much on my plate to be worried about racism your absolutely right.

Old 07-07-2013, 08:24 PM

14 posts, read 49,740 times
[Mod cut: responding to a post that has been removed]

I would suggest the Reliant Area near South Main , Smaller Montrose complexes . Look online on Find Real Estate, Homes for Sale & Houses for Rent - realtor.com® and Houston Real estate, Houston homes, Houston Realtors - HAR.com for nice garage apts.

Last edited by elnina; 07-07-2013 at 09:21 PM..

Old 07-08-2013, 08:52 AM

17,029 posts, read 30,937,594 times
This is going nowhere. closed
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas > Houston
View detailed profiles of: