Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas > Houston
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 11-21-2007, 10:30 AM

3,085 posts, read 5,240,619 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by TexasReb View Post
I guess we will all just have to see how the case comes out. And all the details. I do know that I'll take him -- as was said -- as a neighbor ANY day, over the opposition. And that his actions just might, by golly, make a few gangbangers think twice about just what is wise to try, in Texas....
Just make sure you get him well-acquainted with your friends and relatives before they decide to visit for the holidays. And whatever you do, make sure you have an alternate key planted in a discreet area in case one of them finds himself locked out.

We wouldn't want any deadly misunderstandings now.

Old 11-21-2007, 10:40 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mom2Feebs View Post
UGH! That good-for-nothing a**-clown Quannell X has gotten himself involved. I cannot stand that man. Absolutely HATE him and everything he stands for. He's the biggest racist I ever saw.

Why I just may support Mr. Horn after all
(http://www.click2houston.com/news/14643409/detail.html - broken link)
I'm wondering what Mr. X said in the article that would cause you to become so incensed.

"He killed those men in cold blood. Mr. Horn did not have to kill those men. So, we say that a life is too precious to go out with a gun over some stolen merchandise when no one's life is in danger," Quanell X said.

Sounds like a reasonable objection to me. In fact, that's what I've been arguing all along. Guess you hate me too then, as I must be the second biggest racist you've likely ever seen.

Old 11-21-2007, 10:48 AM

6,884 posts, read 20,409,476 times
You obviously don't know Quannell X.

Old 11-21-2007, 11:03 AM

I know of him well.

Methinks you don't care as much about his objection as the fact that he was the one who happened to convey it.

Old 11-21-2007, 11:09 AM

8,376 posts, read 30,705,196 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Wysiwyg View Post
any darker skinned individual want to be Mr. Horn's neighbor? I dont wear sleek shirts everyday hmm so i guess i'll pass

I wouldn't recommend it. A few black people I know from my previous line of work moved into and quickly out of Pasadena because of the racism they dealt with.

Old 11-21-2007, 11:56 AM

9,189 posts, read 7,601,522 times
I thought Pasadena was mostly hispanic now?

Anyway, if Mr. Horn was so brave and heroic for murdering those two thugs, why was he crying like a baby saying he's sorry he did it to his lawyer?

Old 11-21-2007, 12:36 PM

Location: where nothin ever grows. no rain or rivers flow, TX
2,028 posts, read 8,121,977 times
it must be a bad thing to be a meter reader these days.

seriously, can I have traps to protect my household? say blinding/poison gas inside the doublepane window, a hidden scorpion pit by the window. maybe a decorative trim on the windowsill but 230v running thru it
i'm guessing I cannot move the siren outside, correct? not sure I can stomach getting a gun without wife's approval this might be a good question to ask at the thanksgiving thing

Old 11-21-2007, 02:01 PM

6,884 posts, read 20,409,476 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by MrSykes View Post
I know of him well.

Methinks you don't care as much about his objection as the fact that he was the one who happened to convey it.
Youthinks right. He's a pompous a** who chooses opportunities like this to further his racist agenda.

My favorite Quanell X quote:

"If you feel that you just got to mug somebody because of your hurt and your pain, go to River Oaks and mug you some good white folks."

Yes. Real nice guy. He wants to take sides based on color of skin. If he sees something even SMELLS like it has two different races involved, he is all over it.

Old 11-21-2007, 02:29 PM

385 posts, read 1,556,032 times
I missed this whole race aspect. Is Mr. Horn white? Are the dead men not white? We are not suggesting that if Mr. Horn were living next door to a person of color he might not have been so anxious to go out and hysterically defend his neighbors property? If that is even possibly the case, it certainly proves the point about how taking up arms to defend one another's community is selective at best and therefore unacceptable to me. The Mr. Horns of the world had better turn a blind eye to things like skin color or personality or hair style if they intend to selflessly defend their communities.

I agree that bringing big city policing to small towns has a big impact on these communities. They didn't go to school with the neighbors, they aren't distantly related, and therefore there is a whole lot less whining and crying about who is going to jail and for what. And, it is correct to say that most police favor some gun control.

Speaking of whining...is Mr. Horn now saying something other than "you watch me...kill them?"

Old 11-21-2007, 02:52 PM

181 posts, read 642,979 times
I totally applaud the guy. Unlike many, I honestly believe that my private property is worth more than the life of a burglar. I worked hard for a 2k laptop (not insured, of course), and I'd have no problem if my neighbor killed a burglar trying to steal it. We need more men like him, willing to stand up not only for his property, but for his neighbor's, as well. You should always call the police first (last time I called them it was almost 45 minutes for a response), but it's good that he went to investigate. He'd feel real bad if the guys broke in, raped and killed a kid, then left, then the cops showed up to take his statement. How would he ever look his neighbor in the face again?

People that break into another's home have, in my opinion, forfeited their rights to life. Unfortunately, the System thinks they are worth saving.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas > Houston