Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas > Houston
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 12-09-2007, 01:17 PM

8,895 posts, read 19,999,878 times

Advertisements

Now it comes out that one of the burglars was shot in the back....that won't help Mr. Horn certainly. It also comes out that these guys were both being watch by several law enforcement agencies for illegal ID groups and are suspected of committing several burglaries and the scary home invasion type of burglaries in SW Houston and seems they had a penchant for targeting Asian families. These sounded like career criminals to me and not the good family man that their families are trying to portray them as.

Old 12-10-2007, 08:29 AM

6,884 posts, read 20,407,466 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rick4Life View Post
Patrick McCann, president of the Harris County Criminal Defense Lawyers Association said:

"At the risk of being quoted, I'm not going to weep for those two," regarding the burglars. "I guess what this comes down to, was this good judgment? No. Was it legal? Probably. Is it something that anyone is going to indict him for? Probably not. We are in Texas. Things are different here."

While I'm not weeping for them either, I have to ask, in light of the autopsy reports, is this how we "do things" in Texas? Shoot men in the back? I sure hope not.

Old 12-10-2007, 08:39 AM

8,376 posts, read 30,702,433 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mom2Feebs View Post
While I'm not weeping for them either, I have to ask, in light of the autopsy reports, is this how we "do things" in Texas? Shoot men in the back? I sure hope not.

Apparently this gun toting cowardice is what we do here. Same with waving confederate flags in front of Quannel X and his cronies at the neighborhood protest. That was on Channel 13 last night. Kudos to Pasadena for embarrassing Houston and Texas in front of the nation. It doesn't speak well for the town & neighborhood either, but at the same time it is NO surprise this all happened in Pasadena. If it were Pearland or Sugar Land, I'd be shocked!

Now they are trying to raise money for a legal fund for Mr. Horn. That was a pretty nice neighborhood he lived in. I'm a bit surprised he has money for a lot of things, but not the legal fees. If he had a lick of common sense, he'd have the cash saved up and a legal team at his fingertips before testing law interpretations with his shotgun.

I will say the burglars definitely got what was coming to them no doubt, but no-common-sense havin, trigger-happy neighbors like Mr. Horn definitely wouldn't make me feel safer.

Old 12-10-2007, 08:59 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by tstone View Post
Apparently this gun toting cowardice is what we do here. Same with waving confederate flags in front of Quannel X and his cronies at the neighborhood protest. That was on Channel 13 last night. Kudos to Pasadena for embarrassing Houston and Texas in front of the nation. It doesn't speak well for the town & neighborhood either, but at the same time it is NO surprise this all happened in Pasadena. If it were Pearland or Sugar Land, I'd be shocked!

Now they are trying to raise money for a legal fund for Mr. Horn. That was a pretty nice neighborhood he lived in. I'm a bit surprised he has money for a lot of things, but not the legal fees. If he had a lick of common sense, he'd have the cash saved up and a legal team at his fingertips before testing law interpretations with his shotgun.

I will say the burglars definitely got what was coming to them no doubt, but no-common-sense havin, trigger-happy neighbors like Mr. Horn definitely wouldn't make me feel safer.

Ya know, my DH and I were JUST talking about that last night! Why do Caucasians have to make it worse for themselves--gads, I almost heaved when I saw those idiots waving the confederate flag! People wonder why it's considered a racist statement... The best thing the good people of Pasadena could have done was just support Mr. Horn or not--don't feed the fire of the race argument, you're just proving Quanell X and his cronies right!

We were also talking about the "what-ifs"--as in, what if this happened in Kingwood or The Woodlands to two white men, or what if Mr. Horn shot two kids, black or white, instead of grown men...it's just interesting. DH thinks he'd have never shot 'em if they were white. Makes you think.

I remember hearing that this wasn't even his house--that it was his daughter's home. That makes the whole thing even more unsettling, IMHO.

Old 12-10-2007, 09:59 AM

8,376 posts, read 30,702,433 times
Quote:
Ya know, my DH and I were JUST talking about that last night! Why do Caucasians have to make it worse for themselves--gads, I almost heaved when I saw those idiots waving the confederate flag! People wonder why it's considered a racist statement... The best thing the good people of Pasadena could have done was just support Mr. Horn or not--don't feed the fire of the race argument, you're just proving Quanell X and his cronies right!

We were also talking about the "what-ifs"--as in, what if this happened in Kingwood or The Woodlands to two white men, or what if Mr. Horn shot two kids, black or white, instead of grown men...it's just interesting. DH thinks he'd have never shot 'em if they were white. Makes you think.

I remember hearing that this wasn't even his house--that it was his daughter's home. That makes the whole thing even more unsettling, IMHO.

No kidding, out comes Quannel calling him a ''rodeo redneck cowboy'' and out come the flags. Yeah, that sure helps his defense even more. Quannel was the baiter and the people crowding the neighborhood took the bait, hook, line & sinker. Real smooth one. Although I must say Mr. Horn broke the ''cowboy'' code of decency by shooting men in the back. Real cowboys would call that a yellow-bellied move.

As for the what-ifs, it's hard to say. A lot of baiters like to act like the thought police to push their own agendas. I have my opinions about what-if, but that really doesn't matter in the whole scheme of things. He's still screwed.

Old 12-10-2007, 12:02 PM

Location: where nothin ever grows. no rain or rivers flow, TX
2,028 posts, read 8,121,369 times
Quote:

err i think you mean (caucasian)texans. i doubt all whites in houston have confederate flags to wave around

Old 12-10-2007, 01:04 PM

No, actually, I am not talking about just Texan Caucasians.

Old 12-10-2007, 05:59 PM

385 posts, read 1,555,912 times
Gee, there is more to the story???? Shot one or both in the back???? Oh, yea, I would want Mr. Horn as my neighbor! And, here all the talk was that this had nothing to do with race. Apparently, it didn't until us white folk brought it up with the flag waving. Why am I not surprised by any of these revelations. More will follow, I assure you.

Old 12-10-2007, 07:21 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by tstone View Post

I grew up in Pearland and it wouldn't have shocked me any more if had happened there than in Pasadena. A lot of people have shotguns there. This is a state where residents can get licensed to carry a firearm in public after all -- not to mention the countless residents who keep them in their home with no license needed.

I personally hope Horn isn't convicted. I'm just tired of crime in the base case and so I think criminals get whatever they deserve regardless if it right or wrong, fair or not. They made a choice when they got up that day to break the law .....................

Old 12-10-2007, 07:27 PM

Quote:

Interestingly enough - some of the flag wavers weren't even Pasadena residents - people came from all over the city and state to support horn and I think just to p.o. Quanell. I saw a biker on the news that worked in my bldg. until he retired a couple of years ago - nice guy but lives nowhere near Pasadena - lives in NW Houston somewhere out 290 and yet there he was in Pasadena in the middle of all that mess. So goes to prove people who are out there live all over town - and are neighbors to people who think their neighbors are unarmed. So the flag wavers were not necessarily just "the good people of Pasadena". That protest was beyond that neighborhoods control and was filled with outsiders from both sides of the argument.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas > Houston