Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas > Houston
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 12-02-2007, 04:38 PM

9,725 posts, read 15,172,833 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by KimK View Post

You mention appropriately permitted to carry a weapon. Here is where law enforcement does a terrible job in some places. Most counties in California grant licenses to carry concealed through the office of the Sheriff. Now, wouldn't you think that if you had a legimate concern (I carry jewelry for a living or I take my receipts to the ATM daily) whatever, that you could get a license by taking a test? Not so. Unless you are a big donor to the Sheriff's campaign or a celebrity you are pretty much out of luck. There are some exceptions but largely no there aren't. So, there is at least one state where I would rather not have Britney Spears have a concealed weapons permit.
I can't get this image out of my mind...

I live in Los Angeles and I like the fact that most people aren't allowed to carry on the streets around here. This means that pretty much any civilian you see with a gun on the street is carrying illegally and you can call the police, even before he/she commits a crime.

But what gets me (from your post) is the IDEA of Britney Spears having a concealed weapons permit! She can't even DRIVE well enough to avoid running over people and hitting other cars! Can you imagine her with a gun?! Please! This is why God invented "bodyguards"! If Britney ever moves to Texas and gets a CCW, y'all better think about living far away from her!

Old 12-02-2007, 05:55 PM

385 posts, read 1,556,032 times
Of course, I am not saying she does have one....disclaimer.....disclaimer....disclaimer. But, I am saying she is more likely to have one than say a diamond dealer who might actually have a purpose for such a permit. BTW, she goes through bodyguards like hair.

Old 12-03-2007, 06:59 PM

1 posts, read 1,704 times
The two burglars were illegal aliens...didn't know that, eh?

Americans are getting fed up with the invasion of illegals that continue breaking our laws and invading our land and telling us that we're the racists!

Lots of gringos across America have had enough and these 'in your face' thugs got what they deserved...don't mess with Texas!

Old 12-04-2007, 06:59 AM

8,376 posts, read 30,705,196 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Socom1_up View Post
Lots of gringos across America have had enough and these 'in your face' thugs got what they deserved...don't mess with Texas!

Lots of AMERICANS of all colors and creeds have had enough of this, gringo or not!

Old 12-04-2007, 10:30 AM

1 posts, read 1,846 times
Default You are incorrect...

Quote:
Originally Posted by MrSykes View Post
You are exactly right, but in this case, no such permission was ever given to the shooter, who rashly decided to take the law into his own hands. Looks like he might be charged for the shootings.
I live very near this subdivision, and like some others we know about this one has a "blanket" Neighborhood Watch Program, and is posted as such at each entrance and exit to the subdivision...

That means that even though you may not have ever received a verbal request to "watch" a neighbors home and property...That notification is already in place...

By no means does this warrant any punitive action by anyone in this case, but other issues came up in regards to this shooting incident...The burglers made aggressive moves against Mr. Horn and that was a poor decision for them to make...

Old 12-04-2007, 10:39 AM

1 posts, read 1,669 times
Default Well, what if the house was full...

...and the neighbor did nothing. And a family of four was slaughtered because of his inaction.

Think it can't happen?

Think again. Virgina. Family of 4 brutally murdered by "burglars."

Here is what happened...

A family of four is found bound, and their throats slit -- house set on fire -- recently in VA -- New Year's Day 2006.

Did you hear about it? Did you know one of the little angels who was butchered like a pig died of smoke inhalation?

That means she was alive as she watched her Dad, Mum and Sis bleed to death on the floor of the basement of her home -- her sanctuary.

As her little lungs gasped for air, she felt her own life force leaving through the gash in her throat.

What sort of monsters would do this? Was it random? A pay back for drug deals gone bad?

It was a burglary -- nothing more. One of the animals got the death penalty. The other life in prison, so he can sexually abuse weaker inmates until the day he dies.

Again -- WHY did we not hear ONE WORD about such a compelling, complex case?

Could it be that perps were black -- and the murdered family white?

What if it were white guys who killed, let's say, a muslim family?

You don't think we would have gotten 24x7 coverage? The entire country would have paid a price here, and overseas.

But if white people die, well, who cares?

<DIV>Musician, Wife & Children Slain in Home
<DIV class=bodyT id=bodyText style="FONT-SIZE: 10pt">
By Seamus McGraw

Richmond, Va. (Crime Library) - Authorities are investigating the savage slayings of all four members of a well-known family in the

Old 12-06-2007, 09:36 AM

241 posts, read 1,178,374 times
Patrick McCann, president of the Harris County Criminal Defense Lawyers Association said:

"At the risk of being quoted, I'm not going to weep for those two," regarding the burglars. "I guess what this comes down to, was this good judgment? No. Was it legal? Probably. Is it something that anyone is going to indict him for? Probably not. We are in Texas. Things are different here."

Old 12-09-2007, 07:35 AM

6,884 posts, read 20,409,476 times
The autopsy revealed both men were shot in the back.

So much for Mr. Horn's story.

Old 12-09-2007, 11:40 AM

10,239 posts, read 19,610,755 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mom2Feebs View Post
The autopsy revealed both men were shot in the back.

So much for Mr. Horn's story.

Admittedly, that DOES complicate matters a bit. However, Texas law provides for the use of deadly force to recover stolen property if the culprits are fleeing the scene of the crime and it can be "reasonably" presumed that the property could not be recovered any other way...

Old 12-09-2007, 11:41 AM

10,239 posts, read 19,610,755 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rick4Life View Post
Patrick McCann, president of the Harris County Criminal Defense Lawyers Association said:

"At the risk of being quoted, I'm not going to weep for those two," regarding the burglars. "I guess what this comes down to, was this good judgment? No. Was it legal? Probably. Is it something that anyone is going to indict him for? Probably not. We are in Texas. Things are different here."
And a BIG AMEN to that!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas > Houston