Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas > Houston
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 11-24-2013, 07:46 PM

226 posts, read 285,797 times

Advertisements

Texans are the worst team I've ever seen in the NFL in years. They are worst than this year's Jaguars, and rival the 0-16 Lions.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-24-2013, 09:18 PM

191 posts, read 352,055 times
Wow, Texans made the Jags look like a legit NFL team, that's a whole new level of suck.

Old 11-25-2013, 06:43 AM

17,029 posts, read 31,001,542 times
Kubiak seems like a good guy, but he is a dead man waslking after yesterdays game. I think the players realize that now.

I'm leaning toward drafting lineman and DBs with our first two draft picks. Don't get me wrong I think we need much improvement at QB, but the losses in the line have really hurt the running and passing game over the last two years. Besides I think Schaub still has a year or two of big contract we'll need to eat one way or another. Maybe a QB with 2nd or 3rd pick, as its supposed to be a deep draft...Brady was a 6th rounder and Montana went in the 3rd.

Old 11-25-2013, 09:00 AM

18,159 posts, read 25,397,590 times
Where's the experts that said that the Texans were Superbowl contenders?
Come on.... is time to apologize and admit that you suck predicting anything

Old 11-25-2013, 09:02 AM

480 posts, read 1,703,541 times
The GM and all the coaches need to go. Including Wade Phillips. I know he is sentimental to alot of houstonians, but his coaching decisions have been bad even when he was 'in his prime'. Take this one for example:

Worst Moments In Bills History, No. 20: Rob Johnson Over Doug Flutie - Buffalo Rumblings

Old 11-25-2013, 12:11 PM

17,029 posts, read 31,001,542 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Timnwendy View Post
The GM and all the coaches need to go. Including Wade Phillips. I know he is sentimental to alot of houstonians, but his coaching decisions have been bad even when he was 'in his prime'. Take this one for example:

Worst Moments In Bills History, No. 20: Rob Johnson Over Doug Flutie - Buffalo Rumblings
Wade Phillips is a very good defensive coach. Our secondary was swiss cheese before he came. At least he has been able to hide a lot of flaws on that side of the ball. D is not why we are losing.

As a head coach you have a point.

Old 11-25-2013, 01:26 PM

4,246 posts, read 12,051,526 times
Texans need a lot of pieces starting in the Front office. Rick Smith needs to go along with the entire coaching staff. They need to cut a lot of players and just eat the cap hit for next year while drafting players they need in this upcoming draft along with next years draft. Get the players that are the best available that will fill a hole.

Stop signing old has been players and do a proper physical on every player you have or sign.

Trade Foster, Kareem Jackson, Brooks Reed and Daniels for picks. I don't care if a team gives you a (1) 5th round pick for Foster. Running backs are short lived in the NFL and with a good O-Line and coaching, you can make any RB good. Basically anyone can be traded or let go besides Watt.

Old 11-25-2013, 03:53 PM

9,221 posts, read 15,994,336 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Oildog View Post
Wade Phillips is a very good defensive coach. Our secondary was swiss cheese before he came. At least he has been able to hide a lot of flaws on that side of the ball. D is not why we are losing.

As a head coach you have a point.
If you look at Wade Phillips' history as a dcoordinator, you will see that his defenses always regress after the first year. As a head coach too. Wade plays too much man, which is why no name QBs are completely ripping the Texans apart and after the games they are saying "their defense didn't do anything complicated. It was easy". D is definitely an issue.

Old 11-25-2013, 04:36 PM

3,503 posts, read 7,523,569 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by piyf View Post
Trade Foster, Kareem Jackson, Brooks Reed and Daniels for picks. I don't care if a team gives you a (1) 5th round pick for Foster. Running backs are short lived in the NFL and with a good O-Line and coaching, you can make any RB good. Basically anyone can be traded or let go besides Watt.
What kind of picks are you planning on getting for overpaid and oft-injured guys there fella?

Do you not realize that other GMs have access to game tape, internet and injury reports? Arian is due $8.5 mil next season. He costs $7.5 mil if he gets cut. He's staying.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Oildog View Post
Kubiak seems like a good guy, but he is a dead man waslking after yesterdays game. I think the players realize that now.

I'm leaning toward drafting lineman and DBs with our first two draft picks. Don't get me wrong I think we need much improvement at QB, but the losses in the line have really hurt the running and passing game over the last two years. Besides I think Schaub still has a year or two of big contract we'll need to eat one way or another. Maybe a QB with 2nd or 3rd pick, as its supposed to be a deep draft...Brady was a 6th rounder and Montana went in the 3rd.
Agreed. I'm going to side with going the "boring draft" route as I've heard it described.

Maybe/maybe not as far as next season goes on Keenum being "the guy" at this point, but grab a decent back up vet QB and wing it. They need bodies up front BADLY!

Old 11-25-2013, 05:24 PM

614 posts, read 1,240,946 times
We just need to get rid of the coaches(kubiak) and Schaub to get a new fresh culture in here. It's just so bad.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2022 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas > Houston
View detailed profiles of: