Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas > Houston
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 12-05-2013, 10:03 PM

17,029 posts, read 30,935,082 times

Advertisements

Schaub still rarely throws more than 10 yds downfield. When they rattle him and his first two reads are covered, its a sack or throw away.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-06-2013, 07:29 AM

1,473 posts, read 2,151,392 times
My take On the Texans game

Case Kenmum:
He had a average night, he was not great but he was not so awful he deserved to be pulled , with this season over and down a letting him finish the game then put shaub in the next game would have been the common sense thing to do...Kubiak tourched him on national T.V for his butt boy Matt..Did anyone notice how all of a sudden the O-line was covering matt(matt sat in the pocket so long he could have done his taxes, but when case was out they could not defend him to guard their life).Not to say kenmum was not at fault at times but his mistakes were first year rookies mistakes.

Matt Scuab
aww matt, matt ,matt.. you are not a bad guy ..in fact I know you and your family are big in the Houston community charity scene.. That is why I am always split when yo take the field between the good man you are and the poor to ave baller you are. However Football is a business and one that requires you to produce results or be shown the door..and the truth is he is not a elite QB and after ten years he has not reached it yet then I highly doubt he will wake up one morning and be.. He is 32 not 22 and while in the real world 32 is not that old in football its tends to be the start of a whinding down career.. A part of me wants you to go to another team just to because you need a fresh start.. alot was heaped on you this season when now it is clear the Texans problems go well beyond QBs.

Kubiak
What can I say at this put it is clear to everyone .. you dont have a clue how to fix this,,it beyond you now and the desperation last night showed it.. 3:15 second left on the clock with a field goal as a option .. you tried to pass it .. When a field goal would brought you one point shy , all you defense had to do was hold the jags at bay, possesion would have reverted back to you and you could have drove to get withing feild goal postion... This was the play a first year coach would have done !! We will not even discuss how it looked swapping out QB in mid game.

My prediction 2014 season

*Texans will get 1 draft we will waste it on a Qb and he will be a bust

* Kubaik let go, phillp promoted to head coach,I just dont see any good coaches who are free right now or will be any time soon

*Kenmum will become a trade peice to a lower tier ,where they will invest time in him and he will emerge a decent QB in 2 or 3 years and become a another could have been story for the Texans like so many players we just traded off because we were to lazy to build them up and that they went and became great assets for other teams(we have a history of doing that going all the way back to the oilers

* Ben tate is free agent in 2014 (I think) expect him to make like a ghost for the first team with a real shot at the super bowl and a truck load of money

* Joe mays is also 2014 free agent( another one I think will jump ship

*Antonio Smith(???)

JJ watts is free agent in 2015.. which means we have one more season to give him a reason to stay or he is gone after the 2014 season...I know the type they will not continue to destory their body for a team not going anywhere
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas > Houston
View detailed profiles of: