Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas > Houston
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 12-06-2013, 08:06 AM

8,928 posts, read 14,339,761 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by 14Bricks View Post
Like you could really afford one anyway. Who says it no longer "trendy"? That's a iconic luxury brand. Lol, that's like saying a Benz, or Louis Vuitton or Ferrari or Burberry are no longer trendy.
What does it matter whether I'm able to afford one or not? A lot of people who work in fashion can't afford most of it, but that doesn't mean they don't know what they're talking about.

Jaeger Lecoultre, Audemars Piguet, Patek Philippe and even Breitling are the bigger names in watches nowadays. They can all be purchased in Dallas and Houston, so your notion that having a Rolex boutique is some newsworthy topic is quite silly. Rolex is damn near the Louis Vuitton bag of watches, but I guess I don't expect you to understand that analogy.

Rolex wouldn't even know how to make something this sexy.

http://www.blogcdn.com/www.luxist.co...e-sonnerie.jpg
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-06-2013, 08:09 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by stan4 View Post
Confused. Many stores on and off line carry Rolexes.
What does a Rolex store do?
Nothing but offer a bunch of their watches on sale. Rolex boutiques are actually operated by separate retailers.

Old 12-06-2013, 08:18 AM

705 posts, read 1,260,162 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nairobi View Post
Rolex is still a high quality watchmaker, but they haven't been trendy since the 90s. Getting a store of theirs isn't really something to envy in 2013.
That's the problem with "trendy", it comes and goes.

Old 12-06-2013, 08:30 AM

111 posts, read 218,555 times
Quote:
What does it matter whether I'm able to afford one or not? A lot of people who work in fashion can't afford most of it, but that doesn't mean they don't know what they're talking about.

Jaeger Lecoultre, Audemars Piguet, Patek Philippe and even Breitling are the bigger names in watches nowadays. They can all be purchased in Dallas and Houston, so your notion that having a Rolex boutique is some newsworthy topic is quite silly. Rolex is damn near the Louis Vuitton bag of watches, but I guess I don't expect you to understand that analogy.

What brand is that? Hubby has been eyeing a nice watch and that is gorgeous.

Rolex was the watch to have in the 90's. Now they are just a dime a dozen like Louis Vuitton. Not saying they don't make a beautiful watch because they do and it is worth every penny. I just wouldn't think their store would do that we'll when other retailers carry their product. Especially since it is such a high end product that not everyone goes out shopping for..

Old 12-06-2013, 08:37 AM

2,165 posts, read 3,773,570 times
Quote:

Do you have a LeCoultre?

Old 12-06-2013, 08:40 AM

9,273 posts, read 26,496,019 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kiovo View Post
Nice. I'm surprise Chanel renewed their lease. Last I heard they were looking at some of the newer developments around the area for a storefront.
They probably are. Chanel has several store fronts in many global cities. With what's going on in houston, having two Chanel Boutiques wouldn't be hard to compehend.

Old 12-06-2013, 08:46 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by abbybaby View Post
What brand is that? Hubby has been eyeing a nice watch and that is gorgeous.

Rolex was the watch to have in the 90's. Now they are just a dime a dozen like Louis Vuitton. Not saying they don't make a beautiful watch because they do and it is worth every penny. I just wouldn't think their store would do that we'll when other retailers carry their product. Especially since it is such a high end product that not everyone goes out shopping for..
That's a Jaeger, and the price is a whopping 2.5 million dollars.

JaegerLeCoultre — Luxist

If you're buying that for hubby, all I have to say is can I be a member of y'all's family?

No, but the same brand has a lot of great watches in the low thousands.

Old 12-06-2013, 08:47 AM

44,259 posts, read 64,365,577 times
While I like my Rolex, my Tags always look and feel more fashion forward.

Old 12-06-2013, 08:49 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by stan4 View Post
While I like my Rolex, my Tags always look and feel more fashion forward.
A lot of their watches definitely are. I also prefer Tag to Rolex.

Old 12-06-2013, 08:51 AM

111 posts, read 218,555 times
Quote:
That's a Jaeger, and the price is a whopping 2.5 million dollars.

JaegerLeCoultre — Luxist

If you're buying that for hubby, all I have to say is can I be a member of y'all's family?

No, but the same brand has a lot of great watches in the low thousands.
He will have to just wish on that one!!! I knew it would be pricey but didn't think that high. It is beautiful though. He wants a high end one that one day our kids may want. We love the idea of passing down timeless jewelry pieces. He has a gorgeous pocket watch that was his grandfather's but it is really not something he can enjoy.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas > Houston